When did you first suspect the Cullen's secret?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
pelirroja

When did you first suspect the Cullen's secret?

Post by pelirroja »

I know I was wondering when the Cullens were described in the cafeteria as being really pale and not eating. Then I dismissed it right away and figured no way because it was daylight.

Usually in vampire myths any daylight, even if seen through clouds, destroys vampires if it touches them. So I pretty much figured I had it wrong.
Last edited by pelirroja on Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PixieStix
Settled in Forks

Post by PixieStix »

Since I already knew the book involved vampires, I suspected the Cullens were vamps as soon as they were introduced. However, I agree with pelirroja, I was a little thrown by the setting.
"Learn the rules so that you know how to break them properly."
~Dalai Lama
AirBear
Settled in Forks

Post by AirBear »

I thought the same thing as PixieStix. Since I already knew the book was about vampires, I knew that Edward and the Cullens were as soon as they were mentioned. I also have to say the whole being out in the daylight threw me way off. I was all, "No! They can't be. I'm so confused." Lol.
CasaK
Wandering Through Town

Post by CasaK »

AirBear wrote:I thought the same thing as PixieStix. Since I already knew the book was about vampires, I knew that Edward and the Cullens were as soon as they were mentioned.

Agreed, except for I've read books before, The Vampire Diaries, where vampires could come out in the daylight so I wasn't really thrown by that.
Alda Rethe
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

We Knew All Along

Post by Alda Rethe »

I suppose this post'll be a bit redundant since most of us knew there were going to be vampires from the very beginning. I think I read it from the summary on the page before the title page. But it doesn't make it any less exciting. The fact that they came out during the day and didn't have pointed canines really threw me for a bit.
ArdaSilverlace
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ArdaSilverlace »

I never did. I'm a twit like that.
No! I'm kidding.
I figured the Cullens for vampires when they threw away all of their untouched food at lunch time. Either they were anorexic or it was a ruse and they really favored blood.
xBellax
Settled in Forks

Post by xBellax »

I sort of assumed they all were by the fact that is said Edward was a vampire. And they way they were described definately gave it away.
[color=white]~Waiting for the Twilight of my life~[/color]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/DarkMagicianGrl/uiuu.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/DarkMagicianGrl/bba96071.gif[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/DarkMagicianGrl/th23.gif[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/DarkMagicianGrl/th94bb102a.png[/img]
chittavrtti
Settled in Forks

Post by chittavrtti »

I somehow don't think Stephenie ever inteneded her readers to wonder if the Cullens were Vampires or not. Twilight is more a romance then a horror story or a mystery.

Threfore it was more a matter of wondering how the relationship would develop given such unusual and discouraging circumstances. You thought Romeo and Juliet had it tough? Or Pyramis and Thisbe? Though, on second thought maybe Edward's skin could represent the wall between the two lovers :) and James could be the Lion?
"it is not unanswered questions we need fear but unquestioned answers"
KeeJo
Settled in Forks
Location: In a little tourist town that is last on the 'Send the new book releases to' list... ugh!!!

Post by KeeJo »

well, for one thing the back of the book said that edward was a vampire, and for another ive read MANY books where vampires aren't effected by sunlight at all...so, i was really just waiting for them to get introduced.... and i was practically squeeling with delight when they were... and trust me, i dont squeel often....
dorky_1d1ot
Wandering Through Town

Post by dorky_1d1ot »

i suspected Edward was a vampire when i read the preview inside the cover. i've read a lot of vampire books to know that the character is vampire.