Carlisle picture's

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
foul_play202
Wandering Through Town

Carlisle picture's

Post by foul_play202 »

when the Cullen's move, does Carlisle take the paintings from his office? i think he would have to, other wise he wouldnt have accumluated so many over the years, but mrs. meyer said when the Cullen's move, they leave everything behind, and completely start over.... im confused. sorry if this has already been answered.

michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen

Post by michL87 »

You make a good point. I also remember that when Edward was showing Bella around the house, he pointed out a chandelier Carlisle had for hundreds of years. Plus, the library seemed very extensive, and I sort of assumed it was a collection of books they had bought throughout the years. (Same with Edward's CDs.)
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.

LizzySwan1022
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Making friends with my local bookstore people in hopes they will give Eclipse early!

Post by LizzySwan1022 »

Best I can guess, they have to take the paintings, the cross, and probably some memorabilia, but let's not forget the cullen's are also filthy rich, so they can probably replace things like Edward's CD collection. they probably take some of the books (ie the priceless first editions), but they most likely replace the bulk of their stuff.

michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen

Post by michL87 »

Even if you are rich, there are certain things that are nearly impossible to replace. I understand why they would not take the cars .... why take them when you can afford to get the newest current models? But with book/CD collections, it can be an annoyance to track down everything in your collection. And nearly imposslble to rememeber everything in it. Haven't you ever come across a CD in your CD collection and been like "I didn't remember I had this," put it on, and loved it?? That's part of the fun in collecting things like books and CDs!
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.

para

Post by para »

michL87 wrote:Even if you are rich, there are certain things that are nearly impossible to replace. I understand why they would not take the cars .... why take them when you can afford to get the newest current models? But with book/CD collections, it can be an annoyance to track down everything in your collection. And nearly imposslble to rememeber everything in it. Haven't you ever come across a CD in your CD collection and been like "I didn't remember I had this," put it on, and loved it?? That's part of the fun in collecting things like books and CDs!

I think the Cullens don't collect all that many irreplaceable things, simply because if I remember Midnight Sun correctly, when they are suspected they move rather quickly and leave no traces to where they've gone. That's a way of living that just doesn't allow a lot of physical baggage.

As for not remembering their cd collections... I remember Bella's surprise that Edward could recall Phil's name. I suspect that vampires do have a better memory and that recalling a cd collection might be an easy task.

So I guess they are probably not in the habit of collecting first ediitions of Wordsworth's poetry or Picasso paintings, because they would be forced to leave them behind sooner or later.

tashina
Settled in Forks
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Universe

Post by tashina »

Don't the Cullens come back to Forks though? I thought that meant that they just left their stuff behind. Hmmm....

~Vielka~
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by ~Vielka~ »

tashina wrote:Don't the Cullens come back to Forks though? I thought that meant that they just left their stuff behind. Hmmm....

Yeah...they did leave everything and basically just settled back into their life in Forks.

As for them taking off and leaving everything behind, I had assumed that meant when they had an emergency move, like this time around with Bella. Just taking anything necessary and everything else left behind.

Before Forks, we don't know of any real problems, other then the fact that they had to move because it was time before other started noticing they didn't age and such, in which case the move is more of a planned one.

If so, I would guess they take more time to gather the things the treasure the most, like Carlisle's pictures, Edward's CD's and the rest of the stuff that really matter.

I don't know...that's my theory.
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/EmmettCullen.jpg[/img] [img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/edangelsob6.jpg[/img]
** [b]I LOVE TEMMETT[/b] ** [b]I LOVE HENNERS[/b] **
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/78941.gif[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When life offers you a dream far beyond your expectation, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."

Mila
Wandering Through Town

Post by Mila »

Well, here's something to consider.

The opposing sides hold fast to the treaty. Remember the phrase 'Cullen land' in New Moon? That right there gives me the impression that the Cullen estate, even though they move every few years, is quite permanent...kind of like the home base.

Grr. I really need to find out about the spoiler policy in this forum.

What do y'all think?
He looks at you like....like you're something to eat.

tashina
Settled in Forks
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Planet Earth, The Universe

Post by tashina »

Mila wrote:Well, here's something to consider.

The opposing sides hold fast to the treaty. Remember the phrase 'Cullen land' in New Moon? That right there gives me the impression that the Cullen estate, even though they move every few years, is quite permanent...kind of like the home base.

Grr. I really need to find out about the spoiler policy in this forum.

What do y'all think?

Oh yeah. And in Twilight, the Cullens are mentioned in Jacob's story of the 'cold ones'. And that story was from the time of his great-grandfather or something, wasn't it?

Madame X
On the Mod Squad

Post by Madame X »

Also, it's quite possible they still own many of the houses they stayed in (complete with all their things from "that life"). Obviously, their white Forks mansion wasn't for sale in New Moon.

So I don't think they just abandon everything they own all the time (imagine trying to separate Rosalie from a favorite possession). The Cullens just store their things in a network of places. Perhaps they use those ultra-exclusive, high-tech depository banks where so many millionaires stash their valuables.