London (Oxford St.)

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
cullenist
Teaching Eric Social Graces

London (Oxford St.)

Post by cullenist » Thu May 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Ok, I have got a response from Borders saying that there will be events going on nationwide in the UK! YES! :D

And naturally, the Oxford St. party is going to be "the biggest and the best"!

Here is the email;

"Hi Iona,

Thanks for your reply. We will definitely be going ahead with some events and activities surrounding the release of Breaking Dawn on the afternoon and evening of Saturday 2nd August (the book is released here then too, not the 4th).

A fancy dress competition and a quiz sound like great ideas, we will definitely try and incorporate them into the day.

At the moment our Head Office is in talks with the publishers at Little Brown to organize some activities and hopefully some great prizes and things to give away on the day! This might take a while (these people are always so SLOW!) but I will be sure to let you know when we have heard back from them and we can progress with the plans for the day.

I have been thinking about holding a party in store in the evening - maybe starting about 7pm. We would like to provide drinks, snacks etc. but have a really tight budget, and would rather spend the money on decorations and prizes. Do you think people would buy a ticket to come to the party, it would only be about £3 pounds? Then we could set up a special area for you all with some food and drinks etc in the evening.

Let me know what you think,

Anna

By the way, you may want to let you friends know that ALL Borders stores around the country will be holding some activities on Saturday 2nd to celebrate the release. However, you should also tell them that Oxford Street's party is going to be much bigger and better than the others!!"

So what is everyones thoughts? Who will be going to the London party? What will you wear - fancy dress maybe? What ideas do you have for activites? Would you be willing to buy a £3 ticket to cover food and drink? Talk about anything and everything!

I'm just really so happy, all my worries about not being able to secure it are long gone. I just can't believe it!

Yaaaaaaaaaay! :D

lovetoread_wanttoact
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by lovetoread_wanttoact » Thu May 01, 2008 12:23 pm

Hey. I will possibly be going to the London one. It depends.... but I am really hoping :D

I might wear fancy dress but have a bit of a dilemma as to what to wear. Because I wouldn't want to dress as a vampie because that is sooo not what REAL vampires are like lol. But.... i don't know, will think of something. I have one idea but that is for people to find out :D.

Activities - Trivia, definately
Some sort of mind game - a bit vague but I was just thinking of Edward

Would definately be willing to pay £3 - the opportunity is priceless :!: :lol:

But well done :D
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk249/lovetoread_wanttoact/twilight-cast_l-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

edwardroxmysox1901
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardroxmysox1901 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:28 pm

WOW IONA- you are A TOTAL LEDGE!
i wouldnt mind paying £3 for a ticket!
and yes the fancy dress idea is awesome- maybe dressing up as various characters from the books would be good.

And activities....i'll have to think about some.
Maybe a quiz on the books out so far?
Teams?

i deffinatly think this is going to be a very popular event, and iona i must say you have done a fantastic job at securing this book release party.

This is going to be awesome!

:D :!:

And thanks again Iona!
Im realy looking forward to it!

cullenist

Post by cullenist » Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 pm

edwardroxmysox1901 wrote:WOW IONA- you are A TOTAL LEDGE!
and yes the fancy dress idea is awesome- maybe dressing up as various characters from the books would be good.

Teams?

i deffinatly think this is going to be a very popular event, and iona i must say you have done a fantastic job at securing this book release party.

And thanks again Iona!
Thank you! :D You're more than welcome, I honestly can't wait either! :D

Splitting into teams sounds good...Team Edward v Team Jake? Good v Evil maybe? Vampires v Humans?

edwardroxmysox1901
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardroxmysox1901 » Thu May 01, 2008 1:53 pm

cullenist wrote:
edwardroxmysox1901 wrote:WOW IONA- you are A TOTAL LEDGE!

Teams?

And thanks again Iona!
Thank you! :D You're more than welcome, I honestly can't wait either! :D

Splitting into teams sounds good...Team Edward v Team Jake? Good v Evil maybe? Vampires v Humans?
or Team warewolf V Team vampire!

lovetoread_wanttoact
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by lovetoread_wanttoact » Thu May 01, 2008 2:02 pm

I like team Edward vs Team Jake :D Only problem with Vampires vs humans is........I don't think there will be any humans :roll: vampires vs werewolves maybe, but thats just the same as team edward and team jake lol.

Perhaps three teams - favourite books - Twilight, NM and Eclipse. That way each team would have a speciality, what do you think?
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk249/lovetoread_wanttoact/twilight-cast_l-1-1-1.jpg[/img]

edwardroxmysox1901
Settled in Forks

Post by edwardroxmysox1901 » Thu May 01, 2008 2:12 pm

lovetoread_wanttoact wrote:I like team Edward vs Team Jake :D Only problem with Vampires vs humans is........I don't think there will be any humans :roll: vampires vs werewolves maybe, but thats just the same as team edward and team jake lol.

Perhaps three teams - favourite books - Twilight, NM and Eclipse. That way each team would have a speciality, what do you think?
yes- thats quite a good idea!

Edward isn't SHMEXCY
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward isn't SHMEXCY » Thu May 01, 2008 2:30 pm

AHAHAHA IONA-1 BIRMINGHAM-0

You rock girl. Twilight fans owe you BIGTIME
£3 is nothing for a night like that!

awesome ideas for the fancy dress etc make it all the memorable :D

love ittt

cullenist

Post by cullenist » Thu May 01, 2008 3:12 pm

Edward isn't SHMEXCY wrote:AHAHAHA IONA-1 BIRMINGHAM-0

You rock girl. Twilight fans owe you BIGTIME
£3 is nothing for a night like that!

awesome ideas for the fancy dress etc make it all the memorable :D

love ittt
Thank you so much its going to be so amazing!

Fancy dress will be a lot of fun.

Anyone know who they're going as? :D

PixieDrink
Learning to Love Green

Post by PixieDrink » Thu May 01, 2008 3:43 pm

I only just saw that this was going to happen and I can not wait!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking about a costume just now

£3 is nothing to pay for something like this!!!!!! :D
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Those violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume.

www.dylanmoranfans.forumakers.com.