Aussie Fan Shoutout!

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
DazzledByTwilight
Banging out dents with Tyler

Aussie Fan Shoutout!

Post by DazzledByTwilight »

Thankyou Cocoa :D. Yay first post. I certainly haven't come across many aussies in my travels on the lex. Feel free to post about our great country and how much it sucks we can't get to signings and proms etc.

Also any non-aussies feel free to post if you've been to Australia or want to someday.

This post is short but I'll be back later.
[b]♥Supreme Queen of Dazzling, Obsessive Cullen Disorder & Aussie Thread Creator. Come & Say G'day at the 'Assie' Thread.♥[/b]
the-flaw
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by the-flaw »

WOO an australian topic.
It's shame that there aren't more aussie's on the lex.
And that we completely missed out on the proms and signings and things like that :(
So, what does every aussie think of Rudd winning the election, I personally like him, but that's just me, i don't really follow politics.
How bad is it that we have to finishe school only 5 days before christmas :(
See these are things that only australians can really talk about :D
Itty Bitty
Settled in Forks

Post by Itty Bitty »

I wish Stephenie would come out to do a signing.

Politics really confuses and bores me so I don't follow it to an extent. I'm happy about Rudd's win though.

Our school holidays are so stupid. I'm in the year ten and I've just done my exams. We aren't doing anything in class now which is were I am at the moment. I still have four weeks of school :roll:
amontilado
Location: Sitting at my computer, pretending I have nothing else urgent to do...!

Post by amontilado »

Hi I am from Australia too, I generally post in the adult threads.
It is a pity we are so far from all the booksignings isn't it! One day I would like to visit Forks and wander around in all the green and look in the rockpools.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/ouisa/fireice1.jpg[/img]
Member of the down in the gutter polishing granite and grooming werewolves club!
DazzledByTwilight

Personally I didn't want labour to win. I reckon a lot of people voted out John Howard because of workplace agreements and that if/when he retired Peter Costello would become PM. People tend to forget the fact that as the treasurer he has a lot more experince running the country than Rudd.

Oh how I wish Stephenie could come to do signings here. I missed the Sydney Prom :cry:

I love Christmas/Summer in Australia-BBQ's, pool parties/swimming, icecream.

Did anybody watch Idol last night. I wanted Matt Corby to win not Natalie Gauci :evil:. Oh well I suppose the runners up tend to be more sucessful than the actual winners :wink:.
[b]♥Supreme Queen of Dazzling, Obsessive Cullen Disorder & Aussie Thread Creator. Come & Say G'day at the 'Assie' Thread.♥[/b]
the-flaw

Post by the-flaw »

Oh yeah I thought Matt Corby was going to win for sure! I don't watch it that much though.
I'm persoanlly glad that Rudd one, mainly because he was saying that he was gonig to improve education, which i think is really impotant, if i was an adult i probably would've voted for John Howard though.
Our school holidays are so stupid. I'm in the year ten and I've just done my exams. We aren't doing anything in class now which is were I am at the moment. I still have four weeks of school
grr... i hate how you do no work toward the end of the year. The year tens at my school are leaving next week, what state to you live in?[/quote]
scriptique

Post by scriptique »

I'm from oz too! Hello everyone!!!
DazzledByTwilight wrote:Personally I didn't want labour to win. I reckon a lot of people voted out John Howard because of workplace agreements and that if/when he retired Peter Costello would become PM. People tend to forget the fact that as the treasurer he has a lot more experince running the country than Rudd.
If you voted, then I can safely assume that you voted for the Liberals?
DazzledByTwilight wrote: Oh how I wish Stephenie could come to do signings here. I missed the Sydney Prom :cry:
There was a Sydney Prom?!? Whaat? I didn't know! I live in Sydney!
the-flaw wrote: Oh yeah I thought Matt Corby was going to win for sure! I don't watch it that much though.
I didn't follow Idol this year, but my sister did. And she wanted Natalie to win. Judging from last night's performances, I thought they were both great! I wouldn't have minded it if either one won. And Lionel Ritchie was there! Like, wow! :shock:
[img]http://i23.tinypic.com/14kuqh5.jpg[/img]
Then you shot through the sky like a meteor...
DazzledByTwilight

There was a chapter reading of eclipse. I knew about it but didn't go because I didn't have anyone to go with but now I wish I'd gone anyway :roll:

It's towards the bottom of the page
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ecl_prom.html
Diamonds
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Diamonds »

hey! im from sydney toooooo!
though im personally not to foudn of our great country.. but thats just me.
anywayy.. on the current topics:
-UGH RUDD!..poor old johnny, did you guys see how sad he looked on his morning walk? i don't think either are very great, but liberal definately had the better politics..
-i was just a newborn (hehe) to the twilight saga back then, so i didn't know about it.. i feel like telling you this makes you judge me! don't! im just as obsessed as you i swear!
-i was addicted to idol.. and im glad natalie won.. because i don't think matt corby would have handled it very well, and besides.. second place always does really well (anthony callea, shannon noll, etc).. so im sure this is not the last of matt corby.

and heyy.. talking of signings and how we wish! my mum was by fluke chance in Dublin the day BEFORE SM's signing there, so with alot of negotiations she managed to (after several trips to and from the dublin post and the bookstore), organise for me to get a signed book which they then shipped over to me and now i have it and i feel like the most special fangirly EVER! (even though im not, its nice to pretend hehe). It's as good as i think we (down here) are going to get for a while.. *sigh*

diamonds`` x
[b]"If you stay, I don't need heaven"[/b]
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/wav_adventure/run_away.jpg[/img]
[b]:: Co-Queen of Coolness and Comedy, reigning supreme self-indulgence over at the [i]assie[/i] thread ::[/b]
scriptique

Post by scriptique »

Diamonds wrote:hey! im from sydney toooooo!
though im personally not to foudn of our great country.. but thats just me.
May I ask why not? I'm not trying to start a fight or being an ultranationalist, I'm just wondering why you think this way...
[img]http://i23.tinypic.com/14kuqh5.jpg[/img]
Then you shot through the sky like a meteor...