Eclipse Epilogue

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Seraphyn
The Really Sweet Mod With A Real Edward

Eclipse Epilogue

Post by Seraphyn »

We already have a place to discuss the narration of the epilogue. This is a place to discuss what actually happens in the epilogue.

What did you think about Jacob running away from everyone? Were you surprised by Sam telling the others to leave him alone? What clues did you find in the epilogue that helped you understand Jacob better? Were there any that left you confused? etc.
<center>/ <a href="http://sera-phyn.blogspot.com">Incandescent</a> / <a href="http://www.sera-phyn.com">Sera Phyn's Website</a> /
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/breathlesslove/TrueLovecopy.jpg[/img]
Sven in tights
Settled in Forks

Post by Sven in tights »

I was profoundly sad for Jake, which I must say is a first for myself. I hope he finds is real soul mate soon. He grew on me greatly throughout the book (is it sick that I'm in love with his caustic side?) and so by the time the epologue rolls around I'm pretty sure everyone will be better atuned to his perspective through the dialoge that there won't be any huge suprises there.

But did anyone else notice that, in his haste, he was remiss on the subject of pants? He can't run from us now...
inlovewithedwardforever
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by inlovewithedwardforever »

I felt sorry for Jake. I actually cried... I hope he comes back, because I'll be sad if he doesn't. I also hope he doesn't do something stupid.
[img]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u186/emmajeanjumpingbean/Twilight/the%20Mafia/clarice1.jpg[/img]
^banner by the fabulous emmajeanjumpingbean!!!
PLEASE. Call me "inlove".
Michelle.
Wandering Through Town

Post by Michelle. »

You know, I don't think I'm that shocked that he ran away. I was when I read it, but thinking about it, it makes sense. It would be easier for him to let go of Bella if he went away for a while. Well, it would if he used the time to clear his head and sort through his emotions. By the way, wouldn't it be hilarious if, somehow, Jacob imprinted on Leah? I know it's not likely, but that would be fun to read.
"The night has a thousand eyes,
And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
With the dying sun.

The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies
When love is done"

-Francis Bourdillon (1852-1921)
CastMeNotAway
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CastMeNotAway »

Oh man... the epilogue basically broke my heart!

The last few sentances of the book are making me nervous though... will he come back? Will he still be an important character in the next book?

I really hope so because Jake has been my favorite character since New Moon and I can't stand not knowing if he ever imprints on anyone and finds happiness!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/BrotherBear19/season2promo_uii_009.jpg[/img]
[size=75]Avvie by alexwhitman25 on LJ[/size]
brasaremean
Settled in Forks

Post by brasaremean »

Michelle. wrote:You know, I don't think I'm that shocked that he ran away. I was when I read it, but thinking about it, it makes sense. It would be easier for him to let go of Bella if he went away for a while. Well, it would if he used the time to clear his head and sort through his emotions. By the way, wouldn't it be hilarious if, somehow, Jacob imprinted on Leah? I know it's not likely, but that would be fun to read.
didn't jacob say that in order to imprint on someone, they have to really look at that person, and neither leah or jacob are looking at each other, REALLY, she can't see jacob because of sam, and he can't see her because he only sees bella. so i'm thinking if they look at each other without seeing someone else, they could imprint on..uh...each other. or something. but i guess that's the discussion for the imprinting thread.

as for the epilogue. it broke my heart. i keep trying to find something positive in it but i'm not coming up with anything. the last sentence had me bawling my eyes out.
ktevmc
Settled in Forks

Post by ktevmc »

The epilogue was -depressing-! I think he might come back...eventually. Maybe. It was weird! Because, you know, I don't think he ran away to get away from Bella, but just to go off for a while and not have to worry about the 'bloodsuckers' all the time [not that he has to worry much more about them], and the fact that his best friend/love is too in love with one of his worst enemies to let him go, so she can't love Jacob. That would hurt him super uberly bad-I don't blame him for running away. But I suspect something here...he'll come back [if I know his character thoroughly well] because he thought something or other through...Maybe he'll run away and find someone to imprint on. That would make me happy.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o191/minibartl/banner2.gif[/img]

So, I was just thinking...about eternal 'death' and all...and I've decided it's okay with me. Now I just have to find one of them vampires...they're never here when I need them! Dang...
*ali*

i really hope jacob comes back

Post by *ali* »

it was way to sad
i was crying :cry:
i love edward and jacob but one of them isn't going to win
i hope jacob finds his imprinter so bella can be with edward
i really hope jacob comes back
he's making a huge mistake
he should be able to be happy with out bella
because she loved edward first and she loves him more
i want jacob to be friends, i really do
:cry:
Nico
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Nico »

I love the insight we get in the werewolf pack. Because from the moment I knew that Leah was a werewolf I wondered how it would work out to share minds with a girl.
infinite_sadness
Settled in Forks

Post by infinite_sadness »

I've no doubt Jacob will be back in book # 4. If this story parallells Wuthering Heights Jacob is definitely Heathcliff. He may just stay tortured in book 4, which is sad, but we can hope he finds love somehow and doesn't spend his life moping over Bella. :(