A Midsummer Night's Dream

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
UnicornGoddess
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Post by UnicornGoddess »

So after one chapter of Eclipse and starting to read Wuthering Heights, I jumped ahead to A Midsummer Night's Dream. I could not find a thread with this specific title, so hence it is created. I figured we can use it to debate, discuss, theorize whatever we like in regards to the play itself or the ties to Breaking Dawn. The theory and ties is why I wanted to create this. :wink:

Ok so to start. In general we all know that we have 2 boys in love with Bella. We will see how it all plays out in Eclipse BUT no matter what happens, I see Jacob and Edward still loving Bella. Who knows what could happen? (Insert UG theory that Charlie is determined to get Bella back with Jake)

That said:

The opening scene of this play has me so very curious:
In the opening scene, Hermia refuses to comply with her father Egeus's wish for her to marry his chosen man, Demetrius. In response, Egeus quotes before Theseus an ancient Athenian law whereby a daughter must marry the suitor chosen by her father, or else face death or lifelong chastity worshipping Diana as a nun. The word in this sense is an anachronism. Hermia and her lover Lysander therefore decide to elope by escaping through the forest at night. Hermia informs her best friend Helena, but Helena has recently been rejected by Demetrius and decides to win back his favor by revealing the plan to him. Demetrius, followed doggedly by Helena, chases Hermia, who, in turn, chases Lysander, from whom she becomes separated.

So the question of the day is this: Do you see Bella, Edward and Jacob twisted into a similar 'opening' act for Breaking Dawn?

I can see it: Bella said yes to Edward, Jacob finds out and Charlie is trying to get Bella to ditch Edward and go after Jake--the short way to say it all.

Ok so now we'll see how wrong or right we really are in August 2008!

Ps...placed in the Eclipse forum to prevent spoilers since I'm sure chapter 1 will make an appearance in our discussions.
[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/UnicornGoddess95/wink.gif[/img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/UnicornGoddess95/sngif0jf9bg2.gif[/img][img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s48/UnicornGoddess95/12612586lostmemento.gif[/img]
firefly
Forks Relationship Analyst

Post by firefly »

O hell! to choose love by another's eyes.

So... who gets to play Puck? And Theseus -- who still has the final say, does he not?

Does this mean Jacob will have a girl following him all over the place as he chases after Bella chasing Edward?

Or is it some girl chasing Edward chasing Bella chasing Jacob?
Insert UG theory that Charlie is determined to get Bella back with Jake
Hm... We see some of it already in the opening chapter of Eclipse, but Charlie doesn't strike me as the type to be _that_ pushy... Unless some event(s) in Eclipse causes him to further dislike Edward. Considering what both Edward and Jacob have put her through - granted, Edward more so the Jake - I would think Charlie wouldn't want her dating either of them. But perhaps, for him, the lesser of the two evils is Jacob -- because he's known him longer and he hasn't broken her heart the way Edward did and he helped her get over Edward, but the whole situation between Jacob and Bella now is rather strained.
[i]'cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run[/i]
SennaWalse
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SennaWalse »

I heard on the Myspace forums someone asked Stephenie about The denlia clan and she said then you'll love Kim.
It is on the eclipse theories forum there. I can't find it know which realy is annoying me .. :(

I want and need to know who is KIM!!!
So...... Who knows.
I know the monsters and who pull the strings and the voices who make most scream.
Lilly
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Lilly »

Wow! This is an interesting topic! ^.^

thanks for the link SennaWalse! i cant believe you found it! I looked around for a while before and i didnt find it.
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/Live-Life-Love/sig-2.jpg[/img]
~*I'm [b]Carlotta Giamatti[/b] in the Twilight Mafia!*~ [b]*Proud member of Team Edward!*[/b][b]Cullenism forever! *in Jasper's House*[/b]
SennaWalse
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SennaWalse »

Lilly wrote:Wow! This is an interesting topic! ^.^

thanks for the link SennaWalse! i cant believe you found it! I looked around for a while before and i didnt find it.
your welcome
I know the monsters and who pull the strings and the voices who make most scream.
Twilight629
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight629 »

Okay, think about this. In A Midsummer Night's Dream, everyone is in love with the wrong person. Coincidence? I think not. (Hehehe. Sorry I had to say it) Edward is in love with Bella and Bella is in love back, but she loves Jake, and is there a possibility that maybe Jake is in love with someone? Another thing. Who's going to be the donkey????
Who's afraid of the big bad WOLF? I'm rooting for Jake, because Edward Cullen is a loser
Copper and Sunshine
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Copper and Sunshine »

How about this theory:

In a Midsummer's Night Dream, Lysander and Hermia are forbidden to be together, so they run off into the woods together. Then Demetrius (and Helena) follow them into the woods, and chaos ensues.

What if Bella nd Edward were to run away? And Jake (being Demetrius) were to pursue them?

Just a thought. I wanted to throw this idea up into the air.
Abigail
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: At the beach with Edward...for those of you seeking a real answer: Nebraska

Post by Abigail »

I haven't read A Midsummer's Night Dream, though I want to, but it seems to me that you are all right. Lysander and Hermia are Edward and Bella, and they may get separated, somehow. Maybe more theoretically (sp?) than literally. Jake must be Demetrius, but who's our Helen?

Also, it's loosely related, so not everything is alike, though the first scene seems to tie in pretty well (speculation, obviously.)

---Edit, okay I took out my handy book of act by act summaries of Shakespeare's plays. And, what I noticed was that Hermia and Lysander end up together, despite everything. Isn't that what matters? I think so.
[i][color=cyan]'I would never want anything but him, no matter how long I live.' -NM[/color][/i]
Got [url=http://www.twilightlexicon.com/forum/search.php][u]Search[/u]?[/url] Use it. [url=http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8268&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0][color=orange]Twilight Series Withdrawal Support Group[/color][/url]
x_fallen

Post by x_fallen »

Hmm.. this seems like something i should definately read before eclipse.. to tide my thirst over.
Chaos
Lusting for blood

Post by Chaos »

See, what I thought was that Bella would have to say yes to the proposal, because of the wedding. Unless somebody else is getting married. But, she may not portray Hippolyta, she could be Hermia who runs off with her Lysander. So, she could run off with either Jacob or Edward. But then again, Stephenie said it was really, really loosely based on only the beginning.

I'm not sure I can see one of the CUllen's with a donkey for a head. Or a Puck.
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6953/bannerchaoskt6.png[/img]