Most Effective Horror Movies

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
basements
Member Chat-aholics Anonymous

Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by basements »

Just list your favorites, and your reasons why you chose these/this film(s).

Suspiria- Insane score, which made every moment twenty times more effective.
Don't Look Now-Spectacular ending, throughout the movie it'll have a few slow moments, but it's all worth it for the ending. Not to mention, Donald Sutherland!
Repulsion- The most subtle horror movie. The last scene is haunting.
You and I are both the same. We kill out of indifference, out of love sometimes, but never out of hate. Now I don't know who's dead or alive. I'm sick of killing. So I'm leaving the game, Brother.
Renna
Settled in Forks

Post by Renna »

I dislike horror movies overactive imagination I don't do wellwith horror movies *shudders*
Time can't heal me, this time.
I can't feel you, can you feel me?
Because I can't.
Can't you see in my eyes?
Can't you see I'm not here?
Can't you help me?
Am I too lost too be saved?
Why is this happening to me?
Why can't I live?
Why can't I feel?
basements

Post by basements »

Renna wrote:I dislike horror movies overactive imagination I don't do wellwith horror movies *shudders*

Understandable, but you'd be missing out on some great B cinema.
You and I are both the same. We kill out of indifference, out of love sometimes, but never out of hate. Now I don't know who's dead or alive. I'm sick of killing. So I'm leaving the game, Brother.
Taxi
On a Pixie Stick Sugar Hi

Post by Taxi »

Oh my... don't laugh at me, but War of the Worlds scared the crap out of me. (yes, the new lousy one with Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning) It's probably due to my deeply rooted fear of evil invading aliens.
<center>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/heyquitpeeking/Yoyo/ban.png[/img]</center>
Rosalie

Post by Rosalie »

Amityville Horror and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The Remake). Those were probably the scariest two movies I've ever seen (granted I'm not a big fan of horror films...lol.). Mostly because of the gore. I'm ultra-squeamish.

My favorite horror/thrillier movies would have to be The Skeleton Key and Hide-and-Seek. I loved the plot in both of them; it kept me thinking throughout the entire film.
basements

Post by basements »

Taxi wrote:Oh my... don't laugh at me, but War of the Worlds scared the crap out of me. (yes, the new lousy one with Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning) It's probably due to my deeply rooted fear of evil invading aliens.

Mulder says that alien colonization will begin 12/21/12.
prosper
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by prosper »

Rosalie wrote: (granted I'm not a big fan of horror films...lol.). Mostly because of the gore. I'm ultra-squeamish.

holy crap, ME TOO!!! just watching trailors for movies like Hostile make me want to throw up.

i don't tend to be attracted to scary movies. (i haven't even seen sixth sense yet.) i do watch intense thriller-like movies on occasion, though. like Flightplan, that was pretty good. during the whole movie you're like "wait a second-what? what is this? is she insane? what's going on!" and so on. i also like Wait Until Dark. it's older, with audrey hepburn. LOVED IT!
is there no one left to hear my story?...<3
Annabella
Rosalie's Good Twin Sister

Post by Annabella »

My favorite sacry movie is definitely The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It was very gorey and it took all my will power to sit through the entire thing.

This isn't a movie, but it's actually pretty scary. Supernatural (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) is actually very wicked. Not only are there two incredibly hot guys in it, but it's very interesting and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Oh, and I absolutely love Jared, so that makes me love it even more =)
Unchallenged
La Push Tour Guide
Location: Next best place for forks unpredictable weather: Kicking it back with Rpatzz in London

Post by Unchallenged »

this is more action/horror rather than horror itself.
>>underworld (1&2)
Lomesir22
Rapier Wit Hurts, Don't Make Me Stab You

Post by Lomesir22 »

The Ring = The world's most effective psychological horror/thriller.

I watched it during the day, with the windows open, with a friend, more than a year ago and I still can't get the picture of the girl in the closet out of my head.

:shock:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/lomesir/jaspershair.jpg[/img]