Comic Con Meet up

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
ItsaClassic
Settled in Forks

Post by ItsaClassic »

Ok.

So anyone else think it's stupid to get their as early as possible now? :P

Although this is kind of stupid because we can't even get our badges until 9:30 right?? O__O
http://eureika.etsy.com

asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

Well, the way I see it you can either hang around the booth for a chance at a winning ticket... and who knows how many hundreds of people you'd be up against, or stand in line early for the panel with a higher chance of getting into that. I don't think I could justify missing the panel for a chance to get a winning ticket... and I would probably feel really horrible if I missed out on both. So I think I will go to stand in line and get into the panel early. I wanted an autographed book, not a movie poster so it doesn't really disappoint me too much that I won't be getting the autographed movie item.

I'll hopefully be seeing you all in line for the panel. =)

Oh and to update you all again, after talking to a Comic-Con vet. Last year he said they had two lines for the Thursday event, a line for pre-registered badges and for people who were not yet registered. the not-registered line was 5 hours long and the pre-reg line was only 30 minutes or so. But I don't think they're even accepting non-registered passes this year at all. They made that pretty clear on the Comic-Con website. So I don't think waking up at 4 AM to drive down there is quite as necessary as it was before.
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight

lplover1
Settled in Forks

Post by lplover1 »

asharp wrote:Oh and to update you all again, after talking to a Comic-Con vet. Last year he said they had two lines for the Thursday event, a line for pre-registered badges and for people who were not yet registered. the not-registered line was 5 hours long and the pre-reg line was only 30 minutes or so. But I don't think they're even accepting non-registered passes this year at all. They made that pretty clear on the Comic-Con website. So I don't think waking up at 4 AM to drive down there is quite as necessary as it was before.
well since this year everyone is pre-registered will there only be one line?

does anyone think the line will be huge and take forever even if everyone is pre-registered?

asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

As far as I understand it (and this is my first time at Comic-con, so I am only repeating what I've heard others tell me who have gone before) is that in past years there has been registration lines at the con, which are the ones that were crazy long. The pre-registration lines were not long. Since this year they are NOT registering people at the convention, it's understandable to assume they have some kind of system to get us quickly in the door since all we are really doing is picking up our badges. Registration doesn't open until 9 though, so I'm sure there will be people lining up early. I doubt you'll be waiting for five hours though, regardless of what time you get there. Give yourself plenty of time for parking, it sounds like a nightmare.
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight

halfpastsunday
Settled in Forks

Post by halfpastsunday »

Only two more days!
My friends and I have decided we're getting in line around midnight. Hahah.
See you all there!
The Dream Team + The Chosen Ones!

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/dontrush/Untitled-4-2.jpg[/img]

ItsaClassic
Settled in Forks

Post by ItsaClassic »

Bad news from a NOT Vet.

I went last year, was pre-reg'd for a 4 day pass, got to the CC around 9:30 and spent 4 hours in line. D:
http://eureika.etsy.com

asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

*sigh* I guess no sleep for me...

-Edward Cullen, Twilight

mandustries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mandustries »

asharp wrote:*sigh* I guess no sleep for me...
No worries, we'll all be there needing a nap together! :)

Can't wait until tomorrow!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mandustries/Twilight/RWV/runswithvampires_banner-1.jpg[/img]
[size=75][color=white]Banner made by me![/color]
[color=black]I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Proud Cullenist—Member of [/color][color=yellow]Alice House[/size][/color]

lplover1
Settled in Forks

Post by lplover1 »

yay! comic-con is tomorrow isn't everyone excited? :D

Juleebabee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Juleebabee »

yay!! i'm sitting in the line for Hall H right now!!
Go to the AltLex!!
<a href="http://ouralternatelex.friendhood.net/index.htm">OUR ALTERNATE LEX</a>