Breaking Dawn Cover

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
cpr2117
Settled in Forks
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by cpr2117 »

grneydgurl86 wrote:I don't really think the cover is all that mysterious. The red pawn is Bella as a human, the weakest piece. Its behind the queen so that means its the past. The white queen is the present and it is the strongest piece, which is what Bella will be after her change.

I was def surprised when I first saw the cover, but after thinking about it it made total sense. Its almost a guarantee that Bella is going to be a mighty vamp.

i never thought about that. But it makes total sence, like BD is going to be the book were BELLA steps in and saves the day! Since you know she has been the one needing the saveing in the last three books...and another thing it was in Eclipse i forgot exactly what was said and the page it was said on because i dont have my books with me but i think it was when they were telling the Quilleute stories about how one of the wives killed herself to save like her husband and sons and stuff, and after hearing the story Bella had felt like she had to do the same thing and sacrifice herself...even Edward had mentioned it to Jake when they were in the tent because Bella had mentioned it to Edward so when he mentioned it to Jake, Jake knew what he was talking about and Edward read Jake's mind...
So whatever goes on in book four im sure Bella will feel its on her shoulders(and i forgot were i heard this but SM said that one of the main charecters will die...)
twilightcrzy221
Settled in Forks
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Post by twilightcrzy221 »

i dont think that bella or edward or jake will die because she knos that there would b a angry mob waiting for her. and not jake because she even has said that he is one of her fav characters. i thnk that mayb bella is the pawn and the cullens r the king. in the first chp the guys took a pic of the license plate. that made me suspicious. and mayb bella is the pawn to the volturi to get alice and edward to join the family?? NETSPEAK IS SO UNATTRACTIVE PLEASE FIX ME! i am just throwing around thoughts. i rle hope that no one dies tho!!
<3tWiLiGht ObBsEsSeD!<3
OCD
Settled in Forks
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:58 pm
Location: Telling Jacob to buzz off.
Contact:

Post by OCD »

grneydgurl86 wrote:I don't really think the cover is all that mysterious. The red pawn is Bella as a human, the weakest piece. Its behind the queen so that means its the past. The white queen is the present and it is the strongest piece, which is what Bella will be after her change.

I was def surprised when I first saw the cover, but after thinking about it it made total sense. Its almost a guarantee that Bella is going to be a mighty vamp.

I noticed that- thats a wonderful discription :D
[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk84/SunnyDaysDontLie/piano_keys_011.jpg[/img]
msbrit90
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:01 pm
Location: Missisippi

Post by msbrit90 »

someone has probably already said this before but oh well lol

i think the pawn is Bella and the queen is the Volturie.
one of the definitions of a Pawn is -A person or an entity used to further the purposes of another- i think the Volturie want Bella as a vampire because they think she will be strong and powerful and be an advantage to them, so shes their Pawn to use so they become more powerful.

another random thought that just popped into my mind was that Bella could be used as a pawn by the werewolves to start some kind of war against the Vampires.
<center><a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/dark_fairy1770/Twilight/?action=view&current=snakeeyes.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/dark_fairy1770/Twilight/snakeeyes.jpg" border="0" alt="twilight banner 3"></a>
emilymichellecullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 136
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:11 am
Location: London

Post by emilymichellecullen »

I think Bella is most definently the pawn. To me it could be, how the past bella was used as a pawn and the "new and improved Bella" is the crutial, most powerful piece.
Or that bella is the pawn (or catalyst) for other "Peoples" advances.
Does that make sense?
I also think its important that the piece is the queen and not the king
Jacob+edward7
Settled in Forks
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:54 pm
Location: michigan, USA
Contact:

Book cover

Post by Jacob+edward7 »

Okay well I have some solution, kind of of knowing somewhat of how stephenie meyer thinks about here books I looked up color meanings!
Okay RED=is mostly like fire or blood so it has a lot of energy and contains war,love,danger,and desire.
real quickly i would like to point out that in the preface she is runing from someone she loves who wants to kill her!
Next is White= This is associated with goodness, light, purity, and is considered the color of perfection.
well that makes since because Bella is Innocent and Good.
It is also odd how the Queen is in front of the pawn, the pawn represents a peasent or serf from the midevil days!
*courtney Cullen*
Edward is my brand of heroine!
littlemrscullen
Banging out dents with Tyler
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:27 pm
Location: Shopping with Alice
Contact:

Re: Book cover

Post by littlemrscullen »

Jacob+edward7 wrote:Okay well I have some solution, kind of of knowing somewhat of how stephenie meyer thinks about here books I looked up color meanings!
Okay RED=is mostly like fire or blood so it has a lot of energy and contains war,love,danger,and desire.
real quickly i would like to point out that in the preface she is runing from someone she loves who wants to kill her!
Next is White= This is associated with goodness, light, purity, and is considered the color of perfection.
well that makes since because Bella is Innocent and Good.
It is also odd how the Queen is in front of the pawn, the pawn represents a peasent or serf from the midevil days!
On previous covers, other than New Moon, the red has always represented Bella. (the apple on the Twilight cover) (the ribbon on Eclipse was the two sides of Bella...Jakes side and Edward's side)
The white on Twilight was Edward
<center><img src="http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1943/quotesrx8.gif">
starbreaker
Settled in Forks
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:16 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainbow...

Re: Book cover

Post by starbreaker »

littlemrscullen wrote:On previous covers, other than New Moon, the red has always represented Bella. (the apple on the Twilight cover) (the ribbon on Eclipse was the two sides of Bella...Jakes side and Edward's side)
The white on Twilight was Edward
For Twilight, that is true: the red was Twilight, and the white was Edward. However, there was no white in Eclipse, and NM's cover didn't make the most sense. Still, it's a good observation: I just wonder what it would mean, if Edward is indeed the white.

Something that came up in the "Foreshadowing" discussion forum was that translated into English, the Spanish title for Breaking Dawn is Waking Up. I think this further demonstrates the idea that Bella is becoming a vampire sometime in the book and "waking up" from her human life. Maybe.

So if she does, say, turn into a vampire, why would Edward be the queen?
[color=black][b][i]They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.[/i][/b] ~ Ezbeth Wilder[/color]
rain.4.eternity
Settled in Forks
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by rain.4.eternity »

My idea is that both of these sides are Bella in 2 different ways. So if she does get changed near the beginning of the book, the white queen could be the pure, angelic side of vampires, and it can be showing that this white "good"side can dominate over the blood thirsty red "bad" side. And the title Breaking Dawn would mean that she had shown that vampires can get past the darkness of night, and be beautiful and good = creatures of the day.
~rain.4.eternity~
rain.4.eternity
Settled in Forks
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by rain.4.eternity »

I also have another theory and that is :
It could be Bella coming through with her white lovve for Edward being more powerful than all the hardships they face to get there and the Title would mean that Bella and Edward's Relationship has gotten past the blind stages of darkness where they are trying to be together and now the sun is finally coming up and they can find their future bright and Clear.
~rain.4.eternity~
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests