Sequels

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
Ostentatious6277
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Ostentatious6277 »

Bella_Cullen_13 wrote:I would love to have sequels to the Host, but I think I remember reading something where Stephenie said that if she were to continue the story, characters would have to die, which makes me fear for my favorites.

Also, I wonder if we would see much of Mel & Jared considering we didnt really in the Epilogue, it was mostly about Ian & Wanderer.
What if it's Sharon who dies? lol.

I really hope there will be sequels. I loved the Host.
[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee125/Ostentatious6277/dark_knight_ver10.jpg[/img]
Future-Mrs-Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Future-Mrs-Cullen »

i knew as soon as i finished reading it for the first time (last night to be exact!) that there hadd to be a sequel. And I'm so happy that there is a tremendous possibility that thee will be. And with the knowledge of taking souls from bodies, the sequels will probably lean toward saving the human race (obvious, no!). But with the new clan of resistent humans and the "native" soul, i had so many questions!!! Like, for example, do you think that maybe Lacey, or whoever will hook up with the "native" soul, whose name escapes me? GRRR!!! What's his name? What's his name? I got nothing on his name! We threw out his name! ... sorry, im a diehard spongebob fan ^_^
[img]http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii164/puppiesgal/wolf-photo-1.jpg[/img]
edwardaddicted93

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

I would be so nervous about Ian! I would love for sequels, but I just don't want anyone to die! I love how The Host ended, I think it would've been a good book on it's own too. But I'm excited for it's sequels. I wonder if Stephenie would kill off like Doc or maybe Jeb?! Oh, I don't like guessing, I just hope she doesn't kill off one of my favorites.
dodovamp
Settled in Forks

Post by dodovamp »

yeah totally
especially if she killed off ian, i think i would die or something like that :cry:
edwardaddicted93

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

dodovamp wrote:yeah totally
especially if she killed off ian, i think i would die or something like that :cry:
I completely agree, but if she killed off Ian, I'm sure she'd have to kill off Wanda because Wanda only really wants to live for Ian. I don't think she'd kill of Wanda. *crossing fingers* :roll:
dodovamp
Settled in Forks

Post by dodovamp »

if she killed wanda wouldn't that completely change the story. it means she would have to start over or something.
sadsunshine
Settled in Forks

Post by sadsunshine »

I love Wanda, so it'd be really great in my opinion if ALL the sequels would be told from her point of view.

Though, what was said about the final sequel "The Soul" being told from the host's perspective sounded logical. It kind of suits Stephenie Meyer too, cause usually there is some meaning or background to each comment or title ect.

I don't like The Seeker either, it'd just be annoying to read a whole book from her point of view. Though it could be another seeker, and seeing how well SM writes, we'd probably learn to understand and like a seeker as much as the violent humans in The Host.

I was really happy with the ending in The Host though and am a bit afraid of losses and favourite characters' deaths in future sequels..... I nearly died (maybe a little exaggerating, yeah) at the semi-end bits in The Host, when Wanda was about to give herself up. All the suspence and sadness towards the end was making me cry.
Also, remember the chapter where Wanda, Jared, Kyle and Ian were returning from the raid and they bumped into the souls on the highway? Well, I had to peak what would happen ahead before that bit and glanced at a few words. The words siren and red an' blue lights got me all scared that the seekers had discovered the humans' hideout. But like said, it was just the roadpatrol guys, once I had the patience to actually continue reading the book properly.

I was all sad about the end of the book coming soon, when I was only half way, so I could have the sequels now! I just hope that Wanda and Ian never die. It's a bit cruel to say, but I don't really like Mel or Jared and I wouldn't mind the human race to stay struggling and cooped up in their small community forever. I mean, the world IS a btter place with the souls. Though it would be mice if the souls could influence the humans, like said before and there would be more and more families like the one Jared, Wanda ect saw in the park on their raid.
Twilight-Moon
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight-Moon »

I WOULD LOVE IT! :D
With Wanda's POV, of course. :D
[img]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o73/GuitarGirl79/signatures/new_photog_sig_ex3.png[/img]
kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

This is still not the same video I first saw where SM says the books will continue in Wanda's point of view, but she says it in this one so, close enough. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfCnWSDG ... 4&index=11

The video is nearly 10 minutes long so if you just want to skip to part 5:50 she answers the question for sequels and the point of view.

Also, for anyone who was not sure, the Twilight world is not the same as The Host world, SM says at 7:10. I know most people already know this, but I've seen a few posts from fans who were wondering.
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."
xxxDarkMoonxxx

Post by xxxDarkMoonxxx »

I really hope that the sequels continue with Wanda's POV. I'm confindent though that they will be. The titles just could be refering to new characters that inpact the storyline.

I'd really enjoy reading more about Wanda's human emotions and her love for Ian. This is an adult novel, so i'm wondering if they will um...bake. Though i know it's not important, but it would be interesting to see Wanda handling that situation.

Burns Living Flowers....I did not get a good feeling about him at the end of the book. As soon as i saw Fire World, i was wondering if he could be some kind of double agent, or maybe not as good of a soul as the rest?

Deaths. I think this is one of the things that sets it apart from Twilight. One death in twilight with an insignificant character. And in the Host, there were alot of deaths. If there were deaths in the future novels i'd have to say Jeb. He's the leader after all, and alot of leaders die in books. Now if Ian were to die, i'd die. I love his character so much.
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z50/emaleth28/twilight/vampire.jpg[/img]

"You better hold on tight, spidermonkey!" Rob Pattinson as Edward Cullen
Watching out for Topaz Eyes