Chapter Ten: The Meadow

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
beautiful_eyes07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by beautiful_eyes07 »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?
Surprise, surprise, I actually caught on with this one. I remembered what Jacob had said about Embry being sick before joining Sam's cult. I was surprised Bella didn't remember that, since she was worried about Jacob being sucked into Sam's cult.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?
Yes. But only because of the wonderful writing by Stephenie Meyer. Haha. She made me think it was Edward. Sick joke. Haha.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?
Holy crap. Haha. I did think of Jacob, though. But not the way Bella did. While she was thinking, "Thank God Jacob isn't here" I was thinking, "Jacob...?" Once again, the wonderful writing by Stephenie Meyer does great things... haha. I finally started catching on in this chapter. I think it was the meadow...

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?
Yeah, kind of. Maybe not 'werewolf' right of the bat. I think I thought he was just the wolf. Like, for life and he couldn't change back. Or he was involved with the wolf somehow.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back?
Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that. For some reason, I want to say no. But that seems ridiculous. Why wouldn't Edward come? Maybe I was beginning to think he wasn't coming back. No, that can't be it. I think I was so caught up in Jacob and Bella's story that to suddenly throw Edward back into the picture to protect Bella, wasn't being processed through my mind. If that makes sense... hmmm... who knows? Haha, I say that a lot.
[b][i]Love is irrational.[/b][/i]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi13.png[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi14.png[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi15.png[/img]
I love analogies!

ECABS
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by ECABS »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?

I really did think something was wrong with Jacob. I wasn't sure it was what Billy said it was, but something was going on, and I had my doubts that perhaps Jacob had really changed his mind about waiting for Bella.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?

Yes...for the briefest moments I thought he had come back. I was extremely disappointed that it wasn't him, and I think it was at that point that I had to beg my sister to tell me where exactly in the book Edward comes back...she found the page and I kept my finger on that page while I read. Since I read it in one sitting I could keep my finger in that spot and I did read patiently until then - so I didn't peak even though I wanted to!

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?

I was certain that it had something to do with Edward...with his voice that she kept hearing in her head, I figured he had something to do with it...and the fact that there were five, through me off...I thought that maybe vampires could morph into wolves and that maybe the five were Alice, Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and Edward...I know, sounds dumb now, but I thought that the russet color of the wolf had something to do with Edward...my sister knew right away that it was Jacob, and thought it was hilarious that I didn't *shrugs*

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?

Nope! Not even thinking about Jacob, all i could think about was when Edward would come back... *sigh*

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back?

Well since I couldn't fathom any other protector of Bella I could only assume that Edward and the Cullen's would now come back - *screeches* Who else was going to save her??!!!
Last edited by ECABS on Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lil_voice1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lil_voice1 »

i thought he was ignoring her and that he wasn't telling the complete and utter truth about what was going on

for a moment i did think it was Edward but i then thought Edward wouldn't do that cos he likes to keep his promises.

it started to nag at my mind that some how jake was involved with it all and that they weren't normal wolves.

yes and no....it seemed to nag at the back of mind but i was also brushing off the possibility of him been a werewolf

i thought at the time that sooner or later Edward and the rest of the cullens would come back and stop Victoria because they wouldnt want bella to be killed.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/Koko_Datte/Avatars/DedicatedtoTwilightFans.gif[/img] [img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/RightousGirl101/Icons/i28475970_12747_3.jpg[/img] [img]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/ArikaGoldPearlVoice/thsailormoontransforming5nr.gif[/img]
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lilvoice1 <<<Thats Me!!!

CharmedMonkey
Settled in Forks

Post by CharmedMonkey »

I wouldn't say suspicious, really, but I was getting antsy about what was going on with Jake. I loved him even with his short parts in Twilight and when he played such a crucial part in New Moon I gobbled it up, so having him so suddenly abandoning Bella...it was just so sad!

I did. With her hearing his voice, I had actually entertained the notion of his still being around, looking out for her, although I knew it didn't fit correctly. So I was hoping it would be Edward...although I was just glad there was a vampire at all. I was missing them almost as much as Bella. :P

Werewolves. Immediate thought, and obviously the one that looked at her had to be Jacob. I actually said something to that effect out loud, and the girls at work gave me some funny looks. XD

I actually managed to miss that connection until that moment in the meadow, and afterwards it was glaringly obvious. Mostly because hindsight is 20/20.

Not really. First they would have had to know about it, and if they knew that Victoria was hunting her then they'd have been back already. Edward would never have kept his promise if it meant leaving Bella in harm's way, as we all know. So while I was most anxious for them to return, I knew that the meadow encounter wouldn't be the catalyst.

LindsAy
Banging out dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter Ten: The Meadow

Post by LindsAy »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? I already knew he was a werewolf, but I didn't understand why he was being so secretive about it. I thought he would tell Bella right away, knowing that she knew Edward was a vampire.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? Nope, I think I was reading it too fast to guess who it was.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? I knew the brown one was Jacob. :D

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? Well, I knew from the start because I got into the series late and was spoiled by the Barnesandnoble.com reviews for New Moon. So I knew from the start of the book. But I WAS suprised it took Bella so long to figure it out.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back? No, because I knew Edward wasn't going to be back until the end...stupid spoilers. I guess it's my fault for reading them. :P [/quote]

Bobby
Settled in Forks

Post by Bobby »

1:i didn't know what was wrong with him but i knew something was wrong, because all of a sudden he went from being Bella's personal sun to ignoring her.

2: i didn't think that it was Edward, but i thought it was a vampire. i hoped it was 1 of the Cullens

3:i thought that the wolves would protect Bella because vampires & wolves are enemies. i sort of thought that Edward did have something to do with it but i was more convinced that it was Sam's gang

4:yeah, i did suspect Jacob of being a werewolf because i remembered the dream that Bella had in Twilight where she's in the forest & Jacob turns into a wolf & attacks Edward

5:yeah, i thought they might come back & fight Victoria
Dream as if you'll live forever
Live as if you'll die today
~ James Dean

forevermagik
Learning to Love Green

Post by forevermagik »

1. I already knew that he was a werewolf, I just didn't know why he was trying so hard to hide it from Bella.

2. I knew it wasn't Edward. He wouldn't just suddenly appear like that. Not after all he's done to separate himself and his family from Bella.

3. I was really, really hoping that they wouldn't hurt Bella and Laurent wouldn't hurt them. I kind of figured that the one that looked at Bella was Jacob.

4. I already knew he was. Spoilers.

5. I wished so bad that they would. But I knew that they wouldn't come back until the end.
Me siento tan normal, tan fragil, tan real. Me ellavas al espacio sideral. Y volar como lo hace Superman.

twilightandwickedrock
Settled in Forks
Location: in bed, reading twilght, new moon, or eclipse.....again

Post by twilightandwickedrock »

I really wasn't suspicious at all, I just thought he was getting the same sickness that Mike got

color=green] nope, as much as I might hoped, prayed and dreamed, I was still to depressed by the fact that Edward was gone to even think of him coming back.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts?

When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow? I suspectd Jacob

color=green] I was pretty sure that Jacob was a werewolf, but that's probably because I'd read Twilighta billion times and remembered bella's nightmare when Jacob turned into a wolf

no, I reall y really hoped they would, and I knew they would eventually, but I didn't think that was why they would come back. I thought that maybe they would come just in the nick of time, right as Victoria was about to feed on bella.
"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die. Which as they kiss consume."

bellabonany
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bellabonany »

[b]1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness? [/b]

I wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with Jacob, but I could tell that he was avoiding Bella, for some reason thyat was important. I was suspicious, because one of my freinds had had mono and you get it from kissing. Who had Jacob been kissing?

[b]2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward? [/b]

I had a small, fleeting hope that it was. The tall, dark familiar figure, it sounded so familiar. I also found a resolute reson that it could have been Edward. He was the one who had shown her the Meadow, he was the only one (besides herself) that he let on had any inkling of it's location. But, of course, my hopes were smahed and it was Laurent.

[b]3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? [/b]

Personally, I was terrified. what were they going to do? Bella had heard the stories, and so had we.

[b]4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf? [/b]

No, not really. But the way Bella descirbed the wolf, it sounded so familiar. I had a hunch, and wasn't sure it was correct.

[b]5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back? [/b]

Yes and No. I was sure that Victoria was hunting Bella. But no, I knew that Edward wouldn't come back. Now Alice, Carlisle, or Esme, maybe. But not Edward[/b]
Last edited by bellabonany on Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member Of Team Bella AKA Switzerland!!! :)

I know who I can't Live without.

bellabonany
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bellabonany »

[color=black][/color]I wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with Jacob, but I could tell that he was avoiding Bella, for some reason thyat was important. I was suspicious, because one of my freinds had had mono and you get it from kissing. Who had Jacob been kissing?

[color=black][/color]I had a small, fleeting hope that it was. The tall, dark familiar figure, it sounded so familiar. I also found a resolute reson that it could have been Edward. He was the one who had shown her the Meadow, he was the only one (besides herself) that he let on had any inkling of it's location. But, of course, my hopes were smahed and it was Laurent.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts?

[color=black][/color]Personally, I was terrified. what were they going to do? Bella had heard the stories, and so had we.

[color=black][/color]No, not really. But the way Bella descirbed the wolf, it sounded so familiar. I had a hunch, and wasn't sure it was correct.

[color=black][/color]Yes and No. I was sure that Victoria was hunting Bella. But no, I knew that Edward wouldn't come back. Now Alice, Carlisle, or Esme, maybe. But not Edward
Proud Member Of Team Bella AKA Switzerland!!! :)

I know who I can't Live without.