Billy Black

Discussion on the various characters throughout the books.
missbrunettgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by missbrunettgirl »

I totally got that impression. Espically in the epilouge when when he kept talking about her. I think that would be intresting to see how that plays out in Breaking Dawn.
"Thou shalt not kill is a commonly accepted by most major belife systems. And I've killed a lot of people Bella."
-Edward Cullen
"Only the bad ones."
-Bella Swan

Esme echo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Esme echo »

I respect Billy--a lot. His desire to warn Charlie about the Cullens was based on concern for Charlie and Bella's well-being. If you knew your friend was about to do something self-destructive, would you raise the alarm, or stand passively by and let it happen unhindered?

If you watch older people, you'll see that when their friends die, a lot of concern and care is extended towards the bereaved spouses. Billy would have been the chief of his tribe in a different age, he was one of Harry's best friends, and Sue Clearwater had a lot on her plate. I don't think Billy had a "thing" for her, I think he was watching out for her and extending a hand of support in a time of need.
"Where there is great love, there are always miracles."

Bella_S_Black
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by Bella_S_Black »

Pretty random, but has anyone else ever noticed that Billy always has a "expression"? like a confused, surprised, etc. Whenever I read bits like that now i burst out laughing :D
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/loveyoumore.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/blackpacl.jpg[/img]
[color=pink]SC Squared![/color]

figureskater_10
Settled in Forks

Post by figureskater_10 »

i actually really like Billy.
though whenever i read the books and it seems like hes a jerk because he always wants to go and tell Charlie, i realise after that hes only doing it as protection. he just doesnt want anything bad to happen in Forks, especially to Bella, because hes known Charlie forever and doesnt want anything, that would hurt either of them, to happen.
also i like the fact that hes very understanding about everything. he never gets really upset about things, and thats usually pretty helpful.

missbrunettgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by missbrunettgirl »

Yeah Billy is very paitent as far as being a parent goes. He really gives Jacob a lot of slack.
"Thou shalt not kill is a commonly accepted by most major belife systems. And I've killed a lot of people Bella."
-Edward Cullen
"Only the bad ones."
-Bella Swan

cullen_9
Teaching Eric Social Graces

RE

Post by cullen_9 »

Ah, Billy is just annoying. He is trying to protect Bella, but isn't he being a hypocrite? His son is exactly 100 % safe either. Just give up already. All these La Push people are making everything so complicated!
[img]http://i29.tinypic.com/2lagftg.jpg[/img]
[size=75]"You will be the death of me."
-Muse & Stephenie Meyer[/size]
[size=59]Banner and icon made by myself--Cullen_9.[/size]

Onlyhuman1
Wandering Through Town

Post by Onlyhuman1 »

i like Billy, but can see where he gets annoying. i mean, Bella has her own life to live, her own choices to make and she's made them, sorry Billy! but he is also a caring friend and father. when something is wrong with jacob, he is concerned, but not overprotective, like alot of parents would be. i guess that comes with living in a neighborhood of werewolves. Talk about the crime-watching neighbors! :)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"Alice had a little bit too much fun fabricating the evidence."

"I walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side.â€

Onlyhuman1
Wandering Through Town

Re: RE

Post by Onlyhuman1 »

cullen_9 wrote:Ah, Billy is just annoying. He is trying to protect Bella, but isn't he being a hypocrite? His son is exactly 100 % safe either. Just give up already. All these La Push people are making everything so complicated!
yeah, but you can't not admit he watches out for Charlie, even if it is in an overprotective way.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"Alice had a little bit too much fun fabricating the evidence."

"I walked forward to meet my fate, with my destiny solidly at my side.â€

Bella_S_Black
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Re: RE

Post by Bella_S_Black »

cullen_9 wrote:Ah, Billy is just annoying. He is trying to protect Bella, but isn't he being a hypocrite? His son is exactly 100 % safe either. Just give up already. All these La Push people are making everything so complicated!
Wouldn't you think vampires=bad too? even if you knew they didn't include human in your diet, wouldn't you automatically be cautious? and at the end of eclipse, things were sort of better between thr tribe and the cullens anyway
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/loveyoumore.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/blackpacl.jpg[/img]
[color=pink]SC Squared![/color]

edwardaddicted93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

I like Billy, it's just sometimes I think that he gets too protective. I mean Bella isn't really his business. I know he thinks that he's helping her but really she's old enough to make her own decisions. But I think he only wants what he thinks is what's best for her.