Alice Cullen

Discussion on the various characters throughout the books.
bluedragon
Wandering Through Town

Post by bluedragon »

Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying. Jasper leaving the Cullens is not the same as him leaving Alice. He would never leave Alice. He'd never do anything to make her unhappy. Which is also why he wouldn't leave the Cullens - that would make her unhappy.

And besides that, he does like the Cullen lifestyle. Yes, exactly, it is harder to resist because he had a totally different "upbringing." But he was becoming adverse to the idea of ending human life all on his own, before Alice. He just didn't know there might be an alternative. But the alternative probably looks the way a salad looks next to a nice juicy streak or the best tasting dessert imaginable in the eyes of someone who hates vegetables... But I'm not sure that is a strong enough analogy. :D

And I think Alice is who she is because of her vision. She "woke" as a vampire and had visions of the Cullens and joining them. I think it was Edward that mentioned that if that had not been the case she probably would have just become some wild vampire... More like the vampire stereotype. If there is such a thing.
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face."

haaleey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by haaleey »

<center> I truly love Alice
<center> I love how she's lived for like a century
<center> And she still acts like a little kid

<center> :]
[size=75]<center>"I am switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures"</center>

<center>I love them both</center>
<center>[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/Messwitme13/Edward-3.png[/img][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z11/Grayfur/Jacob%20Black/werewolfface.png[/img]</center>[/size]

edwardaddicted93

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

I don't think that Jasper would ever be able to leave Alice. He loves her so much and it seems like they are hardly without each other. She is such a caring person. I adore her, she's so awesome.

emina88
Learning to Love Green

Post by emina88 »

bluedragon
But I think if he did want to leave the Cullens, he would want Alice to go with him. He wouldn't leave Alice even if he was leaving the Cullens. Alice would have to go as well.
nice. i didn't think about it like that. that makes sense!

and even though it's harder for him and he doesn't show his emotions very much, i still think that jasper would have still chosen the 'vegetarian' lifestyle

here's a question i just thought of:
what if alice decided to quit being a 'vegetarian', what would jasper do?
"Would you please stop trying to take you clothes off?"Edward
"Why, do you want to do that?", asked Bella, CONFUSED

oh, Bella. You're too innocent to be seductive.
which is why this quote gets me every time

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10711;115/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn/dt/11/k/7f35/event.png[/img]
[/url]

[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z50/emaleth28/twilight/inloveprom.jpg[/img]

edwardaddicted93

I think that Jasper would try to stop her, I don't think that Jasper wants Alice to go back on what she's been doing. I don't think that Jasper wants to go back on the life he's started now either.

TouchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by TouchGirl »

ahh alice... easily one of my favourite characters.
hey but i have question on the equation between alice and charlie....
in new moon charlie seems so eager to always meet her.... i don't get it. does he like "like" her or something?
:roll: please help.

and what about rose and alice...are they like on good terms or what?
[img]http://i26.tinypic.com/2d8gn11.png[/img]

crazyconoodles
Settled in Forks

Alice is very Affable and Selfless

Post by crazyconoodles »

Alice is a wonderful charachter. Always so upbeat, I love her!
I'm obviously dazzled by Edward but other than that she would be my favorite charachter. Bella annoys me so much when she is ungrateful and rude to Alice on account of all the nice things she does.

edwardaddicted93

I don't think Charlie "like likes" Alice. I think he's grateful that Bella has Alice's friendship and how Alice has always been there for Bella. I think the way she speaks to him also, how she's compassionate and caring towards him and Bella.

CanadianAlice
Learning to Love Green

Re: Alice is very Affable and Selfless

Post by CanadianAlice »

crazyconoodles wrote:Alice is a wonderful charachter. Always so upbeat, I love her!
I'm obviously dazzled by Edward but other than that she would be my favorite charachter. Bella annoys me so much when she is ungrateful and rude to Alice on account of all the nice things she does.
Yea I kind of agree with that to a certain extent, I get annoyed when she won't just accept a gift from Alice (or anyone else for that matter) graciously and just say thank you, but I don't think she's being ungrateful really, she just doesn't think she deserves them. Which sucks because presents are just much fun for the person that gives them!
I want to sparkle like Edward!

moon_set
Settled in Forks

Post by moon_set »

I was talking with my friend who is a feminist and she said that Alice is a really great character becuase she is both strong and has a strong personality. I guess that's why I love her so much too...she is both bubbly but can totally kick Jaspers but if she wanted too. She is truly a role model