James

Discussion on the various characters throughout the books.
mythfilledgrl
Settled in Forks

James

Post by mythfilledgrl »

Hi-this is the place where you can talk about the guy who tried to kill Bella.
I personally don't like. What is his problem anyways? He's just jealous because Edward got Bella.

CasaK
Wandering Through Town

Post by CasaK »

I think that James was one of those people in life who was probably bullied and picked on so he became obsessed with power so that no one would ever make him feel that way again. So when he became a vampire he developed that "I'm want that and I'm strong enough to take it" mentality. He wanted Bella and got mad when someone told he what he couldn't do. I kind of pity him....

Brook
Settled in Forks

Post by Brook »

That would make sense. I just thought he is one of those sick people who like challanges. It's like a hunter who tries to hunt a deer you want it to be difficult so that you have a story to tell.

Madame X
On the Mod Squad

Post by Madame X »

I find it interesting that we know James wasn't attractive as a human. This means it's entirely possible he became an accidental vampire while another vampire was trying to kill him. Quite a bit of anger at his fate could have made him such a horrible, malicious person. In this way, he's sort of the anti-Carlisle, or the vampire Carlisle could have become if he hadn't had his compassion.

Another theory is that James could have sought out becoming a vampire (if he had been aware of their existence) so that he could become "beautiful."

I wonder what his relationship to Victoria was. Such as when they met and if they were companions/lovers? Considering Victoria may become a signifigant character in later books, his exact feelings for her could be important.

Fallen into Twilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Fallen into Twilight »

Madame X wrote: I wonder what his relationship to Victoria was. Such as when they met and if they were companions/lovers? Considering Victoria may become a signifigant character in later books, his exact feelings for her could be important.

Yeah I was wondering that too. I wanted to knw if they were in love with eachother. But here's a sad piece of information my friend still won't believe he's dead, even though my other friend emailed Stephenie and she said he was dead. Yes, my friend is in love with James. lol :roll:
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Fallen-into-Twilight/AManandhisDirt.png[/img]

CasaK
Wandering Through Town

Post by CasaK »

Fallen into Twilight wrote:Yes, my friend is in love with James. lol :roll:

You should just tell her "Ok you can have him and I'll take ****" instert other character of preference for the ****.

michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen

Post by michL87 »

CasaK wrote:

You should just tell her "Ok you can have him and I'll take ****" instert other character of preference for the ****.

hmm ... close call between Jasper and Edward. But since I am a HUGE Edward/Bella fan (aren't we all) probably Jasper
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.

Fallen into Twilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

michL87 wrote:
CasaK wrote:

hmm ... close call between Jasper and Edward. But since I am a HUGE Edward/Bella fan (aren't we all) probably Jasper

Hmm, for me it's a close call between Edward, Carlisle, and Jasper! I love them all! I love Emmett too but he's just a tad bit obnoxious for my tastes.
[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g9/Fallen-into-Twilight/AManandhisDirt.png[/img]

CasaK
Wandering Through Town

Post by CasaK »

Fallen into Twilight wrote: I love Emmett too but he's just a tad bit obnoxious for my tastes.

Yea that's why I like Emmett best, you know that he would always be fun to be around :D .

Fallen into Twilight
Buying a Better Raincoat

Oh yes, Emmett would be great as a friend, though I wouldn't have him...well you know what I mean. But it would be very fun to have him around! He's hilarious! But back onto James! That same friend of mine that loves him, well she thought it would be funny if he were killed by boobahs (you know those wierd little fat things on like PBS? They do these really weird dances and well I can't really explain them you just have to kind of see them.) so I made a fic about that and my friend couldn't stop laughing! And it's funny my friend loves James but she thinks it's funny when he dies...yeah, she has a bad sense of humor. :roll: