Jacob Black Phase #5

Discussion on the various characters throughout the books.
snarky
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 am
Location: At the beach fighting with Paul over a hot dog.

Post by snarky » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:12 pm

Liv-wa wrote:
meganj924 wrote: Yeah, Jake hurts Bella. But Bella hurt Jake. Jake only puts on his "Sam" face when he's incredibly hurt and in pain. In my eyes, Bella deserves every ounce of pain she's gotten. She's hurt everyone-- the Cullens, Edward, Charlie, Renee, Jacob, her werewolf friends. Everyone. This sounds heartless of me, but I really don't care if Bella was hurt by Jake. She deserved it (IMO). After all she put Jake through, I have a hard time feeling bad for her or worrying about her feelings getting hurt (haha I feel like such a snob now).
YES
No one seems to get that fact. Bella played Jacob to the point where he doesn't want to come back. That doesn't exactly seem best-friend material to me. She said all through Eclipse that what she was doing was wrong...well if you know it's wrong WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING IT?
I'm leaning towards the belief that Bella keeps doing that because although she says it, it,s just lip service and deep down inside, she doesn't actually accept or believe that she's the one responsible for all the hurt. How else can you explain her crying over it for one night like the world's going to end then waking up the next morning in Edward's arms and acting as if everything's okay.
Thank you, Squee_Attack for the Avatar :)

<i>Jacob + Bella = 3KG Sad</i>
Hum paas hai phir bhi kitni hai dooriyan
Jism tu, jaan main, teri pehchaan main
Milke bhi na mile, yeh hai kaisa bharam
Yeh hai tere karam, kabhi khushi kabhi gham

RunsWithWolves
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Going where I need to go to defend Jacob Black

Post by RunsWithWolves » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:14 pm

Toasty1089 wrote:uhm what are we talking about :D
A few things..

1) Jacobs maturity
2) Jacobs future - i.e. How/Why/When will he come back? etc..
3) Justification for the things he did in Eclipse

I think thats about right...
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/jacobbellakiss.jpg">

<img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
Sig and avi by me :)

meganj924
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Stabbing Edward Cullen with a pencil while learning a little survival one-oh-one from Jake ;).

Post by meganj924 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Liv-wa wrote:
meganj924 wrote: Yeah, Jake hurts Bella. But Bella hurt Jake. Jake only puts on his "Sam" face when he's incredibly hurt and in pain. In my eyes, Bella deserves every ounce of pain she's gotten. She's hurt everyone-- the Cullens, Edward, Charlie, Renee, Jacob, her werewolf friends. Everyone. This sounds heartless of me, but I really don't care if Bella was hurt by Jake. She deserved it (IMO). After all she put Jake through, I have a hard time feeling bad for her or worrying about her feelings getting hurt (haha I feel like such a snob now).
YES
No one seems to get that fact. Bella played Jacob to the point where he doesn't want to come back. That doesn't exactly seem best-friend material to me. She said all through Eclipse that what she was doing was wrong...well if you know it's wrong WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING IT?
Oh I definitely get that fact.
I hate Bella, actually. Well, hate is a little strong. I intensely dislike her (I can't decide if I dislike her or Edward more. They both drive me bonkers).

I think it's a little silly to complain about "Jacob hurting Bella" when BELLA hurt Jake too. She hurt him just as much, if not MORE, than he did her. He's had just as much pain throughout the series as Bella/Edward have had.

Bella sounds like a terrible best friend to me =\. I was glad that she tried to do the right thing by keeping Jake as a friend, but like you said, she realized what she was doing was wrong. She realized after Jake told her he was in love with her that it was wrong to be his friend. But she kept pursuing him, because she wasn't being honest with herself about her feelings.

Another thing that people seem to forget is that Bella led Jake on. Bella made Jake feel like there was more to the relationship. She made Jake realize there WAS more to the relationship; he realized they were in love. She let him hold her hand, cuddle with her, confided in her, acted like she was in love with him, etc. People get mad at Jake for "interfering", but it's Bella's fault too for leading him on in the first place. The blame shouldn't be placed solely on Jake.
<img src="http://i28.tinypic.com/ipblm8.jpg"><img src="http://i29.tinypic.com/2u8jmld.gif"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/9urrlv.jpg"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/30lnvye.gif"><img src="http://i33.tinypic.com/1zc1duh.jpg">
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
[b]Team Jacob[/b]-- Because dogs are better than leeches. Because real men don't sparkle. Because Romeo is a pansy. Because Jake is HUMAN.

RunsWithWolves
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Going where I need to go to defend Jacob Black

Post by RunsWithWolves » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 pm

snarky wrote:I'm leaning towards the belief that Bella keeps doing that because although she says it, it,s just lip service and deep down inside, she doesn't actually accept or believe that she's the one responsible for all the hurt. How else can you explain her crying over it for one night like the world's going to end then waking up the next morning in Edward's arms and acting as if everything's okay.
GRR! I can't tell you how mad that made me! She cried for Jacob ONE NIGHT! When she lost Edward, her world shattered and she spent months living like a zombie. She loses Jacob as a potential lover and best friend, but OH its no big deal! Geez, Bella is annoying! :evil:

I've said this a million times already, but I'll say it again:
Bella doesn't deserve Jacob
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/jacobbellakiss.jpg">

<img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
Sig and avi by me :)

Liv-wa
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Making my nest in La Push
Contact:

Post by Liv-wa » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 pm

snarky wrote:
Liv-wa wrote:
meganj924 wrote: Yeah, Jake hurts Bella. But Bella hurt Jake. Jake only puts on his "Sam" face when he's incredibly hurt and in pain. In my eyes, Bella deserves every ounce of pain she's gotten. She's hurt everyone-- the Cullens, Edward, Charlie, Renee, Jacob, her werewolf friends. Everyone. This sounds heartless of me, but I really don't care if Bella was hurt by Jake. She deserved it (IMO). After all she put Jake through, I have a hard time feeling bad for her or worrying about her feelings getting hurt (haha I feel like such a snob now).
YES
No one seems to get that fact. Bella played Jacob to the point where he doesn't want to come back. That doesn't exactly seem best-friend material to me. She said all through Eclipse that what she was doing was wrong...well if you know it's wrong WHY ARE YOU STILL DOING IT?
I'm leaning towards the belief that Bella keeps doing that because although she says it, it,s just lip service and deep down inside, she doesn't actually accept or believe that she's the one responsible for all the hurt. How else can you explain her crying over it for one night like the world's going to end then waking up the next morning in Edward's arms and acting as if everything's okay.
But if she doesn't believe it why does she keep bringing it up over, and over again. At this point it is gettign slightly repetitive. I find it really hard to think that Bella is shallow-minded enough to not really believe she is the one causing Jake's pain. I mean, I'm far from Bella's biggest fan, but that's seems a little to low...even for her.
[size=75]
At camp for two weeks...then I'll be back fighting Jake in full force...how can anyone say anything against him now???
Things to do today:
[list=1][*]Look at the Lexicon
[*]Support Jacob
[*]Breathe[/list][/size]
[url=http://www.liv-wa.webs.com][img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj260/IxRunxWithxVamps/banner.gif[/img][/url]

RunsWithWolves
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Going where I need to go to defend Jacob Black

Post by RunsWithWolves » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:21 pm

meganj924 wrote:Another thing that people seem to forget is that Bella led Jake on. Bella made Jake feel like there was more to the relationship. She made Jake realize there WAS more to the relationship; he realized they were in love. She let him hold her hand, cuddle with her, confided in her, acted like she was in love with him, etc. People get mad at Jake for "interfering", but it's Bella's fault too for leading him on in the first place. The blame shouldn't be placed solely on Jake.
I really don't think Jacob should be blamed at all. Edward left Bella (Blame Edward if you like). Bella ran to Jacob (Blame Bella if you like). Jacob was a great friend to Bella, and he didn't choose to fall in love with Bella. It grew over time.

THEN dear Eddie came back and Jacob was tossed aside. How is that fair? Edward was the one that left and Jacob was the one who had been taking care of Bella. He had EVERY right to fight for Bella in Eclipse!
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/jacobbellakiss.jpg">

<img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
Sig and avi by me :)

meganj924
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Stabbing Edward Cullen with a pencil while learning a little survival one-oh-one from Jake ;).

Post by meganj924 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm

snarky wrote: I'm leaning towards the belief that Bella keeps doing that because although she says it, it,s just lip service and deep down inside, she doesn't actually accept or believe that she's the one responsible for all the hurt. How else can you explain her crying over it for one night like the world's going to end then waking up the next morning in Edward's arms and acting as if everything's okay.
I wanted to throttle her during that part of the book.
Honestly. Edward leaves and she cried for MONTHS. She went into a majorly wacko depression for MONTHS. She acted like her life was over.

True, she doesn't love Jake as much. But she loves him in a way she doesn't love Edward-- she loves Jake as not only a romantic interest, but as a friend (and, come on, she and Edward aren't "friends" in the way Jake and Bella are). She is losing a lot with Jake too. A lot. She's losing a potential lover, a best friend, and freaking humanity. And she cried about it for ONE NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!!?! It seemed so incredibly stupid and unfair to me.

And then during the first chapter of Breaking Dawn?! UGH. I was so mad at her. She acted like Jake like... owed it to her to be at her wedding. She acted like she expected him to be there. And she didn't even seem upset about losing him-- sure, she cried a bit about him running away, but there was no, "I love him so much, and I can't believe he's gone". There was no, "Oh heck, he ran away, and it's all my fault, I can't believe I did this". God, I wanted to kill her. She doesn't even deserve to be on the same CONTINENT as Jacob, let alone have him at her wedding!

Then again, Bella isn't the brightest crayon in the box. It takes awhile for things to sink in with her.

Haha. I'm off topic now :D. The Mods are going to yell at me.
Last edited by meganj924 on Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<img src="http://i28.tinypic.com/ipblm8.jpg"><img src="http://i29.tinypic.com/2u8jmld.gif"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/9urrlv.jpg"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/30lnvye.gif"><img src="http://i33.tinypic.com/1zc1duh.jpg">
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
[b]Team Jacob[/b]-- Because dogs are better than leeches. Because real men don't sparkle. Because Romeo is a pansy. Because Jake is HUMAN.

meganj924
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:29 pm
Location: Stabbing Edward Cullen with a pencil while learning a little survival one-oh-one from Jake ;).

Post by meganj924 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:24 pm

RunsWithWolves wrote:
meganj924 wrote:Another thing that people seem to forget is that Bella led Jake on. Bella made Jake feel like there was more to the relationship. She made Jake realize there WAS more to the relationship; he realized they were in love. She let him hold her hand, cuddle with her, confided in her, acted like she was in love with him, etc. People get mad at Jake for "interfering", but it's Bella's fault too for leading him on in the first place. The blame shouldn't be placed solely on Jake.
I really don't think Jacob should be blamed at all. Edward left Bella (Blame Edward if you like). Bella ran to Jacob (Blame Bella if you like). Jacob was a great friend to Bella, and he didn't choose to fall in love with Bella. It grew over time.

THEN dear Eddie came back and Jacob was tossed aside. How is that fair? Edward was the one that left and Jacob was the one who had been taking care of Bella. He had EVERY right to fight for Bella in Eclipse!
Don't worry, I agree, I was just saying that people who blame Jake 100% should blame Bella too.

Jake had every right in the world to feel used and hurt and betrayed at the end of New Moon. Bella ditched him, treated him like crap, and pretty much abandoned him.

Jake can't help his feelings for Bella anymore than she can help her feelings for Edward. It's not exactly his fault that he fell in love with her. You can't really help who you love, right?
<img src="http://i28.tinypic.com/ipblm8.jpg"><img src="http://i29.tinypic.com/2u8jmld.gif"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/9urrlv.jpg"><img src="http://i38.tinypic.com/30lnvye.gif"><img src="http://i33.tinypic.com/1zc1duh.jpg">
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
[b]Team Jacob[/b]-- Because dogs are better than leeches. Because real men don't sparkle. Because Romeo is a pansy. Because Jake is HUMAN.

RunsWithWolves
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 149
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Location: Going where I need to go to defend Jacob Black

Post by RunsWithWolves » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:29 pm

meganj924 wrote:Don't worry, I agree, I was just saying that people who blame Jake 100% should blame Bella too.

Jake had every right in the world to feel used and hurt and betrayed at the end of New Moon. Bella ditched him, treated him like crap, and pretty much abandoned him.

Jake can't help his feelings for Bella anymore than she can help her feelings for Edward. It's not exactly his fault that he fell in love with her. You can't really help who you love, right?
No, you can't choose who you fall in love with. And sorry, I got worked up..I wasn't arguing with you (I know you're a true Jacob fan). Its just a sensitive topic for me. I get beyond mad when people say that Jacob butted in on Bella & Edward relationship and that he had no right to do so. Ugh! :evil:
<center><img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/jacobbellakiss.jpg">

<img src="http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/smoshxox/blackpacl.jpg">
Sig and avi by me :)

Liv-wa
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: Making my nest in La Push
Contact:

Post by Liv-wa » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:30 pm

meganj924 wrote: Jake can't help his feelings for Bella anymore than she can help her feelings for Edward. It's not exactly his fault that he fell in love with her. You can't really help who you love, right?
No, you can't. And that is why I feel so incredibly bad for him that he ever had to deal with Bella in the first place. She should go ruin someone else's life.
[size=75]
At camp for two weeks...then I'll be back fighting Jake in full force...how can anyone say anything against him now???
Things to do today:
[list=1][*]Look at the Lexicon
[*]Support Jacob
[*]Breathe[/list][/size]
[url=http://www.liv-wa.webs.com][img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj260/IxRunxWithxVamps/banner.gif[/img][/url]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests