Strange Compliments

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
LaurenW
Wandering Through Town

Post by LaurenW »

When I got a 5 on my AP US History Exam this summer most of my friends said something to the effect of 'I didn't think you were THAT smart'. Considering there was only one other person who got a five, I was, needless to say, a bit shocked. I may be blonde, but I am by no means, stupid.
[img]http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/nunya_bizness_/Banners-Other/muffinbanner.jpg[/img]
Because muffins make the world go round......
Thanks to Viry for the AWSOME avatar and Anne for the very MUFFINY banner!!!
Band-aids for Bella : $3.99
4-night Hospital stay: $2,465.28
Having Edward AND Jacob take care of you:....priceless
Shark4
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shark4 »

i get eyebrow compliments. one time this girl in my TV class (my frend's sister actually. she didn't even like me then) just out of nowhere says "i like your eyebrows" no one has ever smelled them though...
but i don't even like my eyebrows. one is arched and the other straight. and i CAN'T seem to fix it
asphyxiat3d
Settled in Forks

Post by asphyxiat3d »

i have a few...

1. in gym class, this girl said my friend looked like a porcelain doll and i looked like a barbie doll. (wonderful, i'm a plastic figure with a highly developed chest.)

2. on the drama trip, the makeup girl was gushing about my hair (which was really curly that day) and said it looked so 80's.

3. at my friend's house, she called one of her friends and for most of the conversation, she talked about my eyelashes and how dark and thick they looked, even though i don't wear mascara.

4. i was walking to my friend's house, it was hot out, and i was wearing jeans and a dark t-shirt (i can stand the heat), and these two guys are walking past me and they're like "hi...want an ice cream sandwich?" i'm like "....no..." It was odd, and then they're like "how can you stand wearing those clothes in this heat?" i raised my eyebrows, turned towards them, and said "i'm a ninja..." Bahahhahahaha. Yeah, they gasped and turned away.
"Just because I'm resisting the wine doesn't mean I can't appreciate the bouquet."
Shark4
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shark4 »

asphyxiat3d wrote: 3. at my friend's house, she called one of her friends and for most of the conversation, she talked about my eyelashes and how dark and thick they looked, even though i don't wear mascara.

4. i was walking to my friend's house, it was hot out, and i was wearing jeans and a dark t-shirt (i can stand the heat), and these two guys are walking past me and they're like "hi...want an ice cream sandwich?" i'm like "....no..." It was odd, and then they're like "how can you stand wearing those clothes in this heat?" i raised my eyebrows, turned towards them, and said "i'm a ninja..." Bahahhahahaha. Yeah, they gasped and turned away.
one time someone complimented on my eyelashes, beofre i started wearing mascara. they arent that great, but they curl right.

and i almost always wear dark clothes, all year round, even in the florida summer. i just have ugly legs and like black.

speaking of my legs, i have been getting compliments on them. even though they are ugly and fat and pale and my knees bend backwards. like a lot.
Twilight15
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Twilight15 »

Shark4 wrote: speaking of my legs, i have been getting compliments on them. even though they are ugly and fat and pale and my knees bend backwards. like a lot.
Have you ever guessed that maybe since you're getting compliments, that means they aren't ugly?
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/charegrfan15/sigpic42778_6.jpg[/img]
Shark4
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shark4 »

Twilight15 wrote:
Shark4 wrote: speaking of my legs, i have been getting compliments on them. even though they are ugly and fat and pale and my knees bend backwards. like a lot.
Have you ever guessed that maybe since you're getting compliments, that means they aren't ugly?
lol. never crossed my mind. they used to be a LOT worse actually. and now i'm starting to wear shorts again, and people are complimenting them. but seriously. what is at all hot about fat pale legs that bend backwards and make me even shorter?
Twilight15
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Twilight15 »

Shark4 wrote:
Twilight15 wrote:
lol. never crossed my mind. they used to be a LOT worse actually. and now i'm starting to wear shorts again, and people are complimenting them. but seriously. what is at all hot about fat pale legs that bend backwards and make me even shorter?
Maybe it's just you thinking that...
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/charegrfan15/sigpic42778_6.jpg[/img]
Shark4
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Shark4 »

Twilight15 wrote:
Shark4 wrote:
Twilight15 wrote:
no. those aren't opinions. they ARE pale. better than they used to be. and also they have little sunburn designs all over from when i got bored with a sunblock stick last spirng break. they do bend backwards. they are (at least my thighs) fat. and they also have freckles on the knees. but they get all soft when i shave. :)
Twilight15
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Twilight15 »

Shark4 wrote:
Twilight15 wrote:
Shark4 wrote:
Twilight15 wrote:
no. those aren't opinions. they ARE pale. better than they used to be. and also they have little sunburn designs all over from when i got bored with a sunblock stick last spirng break. they do bend backwards. they are (at least my thighs) fat. and they also have freckles on the knees. but they get all soft when i shave. :)
Well, I don't know...If you're getting compliments, it might not be as bad as you imagine.
ragdoll
Learning to Love Green

Post by ragdoll »

I was helping out at my little cousins 5th birthday party and one of her friend's mams was talking to me. She started saying that everyone in my family had the same blue eyes (they don't- my parents, brother, auntie and 2 cousins have brown eyes). Then she looked at me for a second and goes ' except you. your eyes are all kind of mixed up. There's blue and brown and green - they're kind of pretty.' Then she looked at me again and said ' Actually you're kind of stunning - very strange!'

Umm......thank you......