*Adult Thread Spoilers* Black Dagger Brotherhood

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
Edwards_Bella
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edwards_Bella »

Ladies, we need to remember that this thread isn't password protected and the teens and younger can see everything we post. If you post a link please keep in mind if you would want your own child following it.

I need to go kidnap my Wrath book back because after all the males I just keep going back to the the peaches lover
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/ablueskier/OldCouple.png[/img]
Icon image by the amazing Fry
lilac-and-lavender
Learning to Love Green

Post by lilac-and-lavender »

Poor Marissa, I hope she gets a happy ending too. I'm not clear on what is going on with her right now. :cry:
I will just have to trust that it gets cleared up in another book.
Ladies, we need to remember that this thread isn't password protected and the teens and younger can see everything we post. If you post a link please keep in mind if you would want your own child following it
Grr...teenyboppers...grrr. But thank you for the reminder.

Am I the only one with teenage children that is tired of having to censure everything? I have blocks on the cable, and blocks on the internet to protect them. And I am glad technology enables me to do that. But somedays I am ready to ban my kids from internet and tv altogether. :evil:
[img]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd76/sprtygal/CullenBoys2.png[/img]
Thank you Fry! You da Bomb!
nissanmama
In Love with Fur

Post by nissanmama »

Amen to that! I worry about them driving in the car, I worry about them with their friends, I worry about their grades, I worry about their future, I worry about their music, I worry about 24/7. It's exhausting! Man! Why I can't a have Fritz here? At least he could worry about what's for dinner.
[size=134][color=pink]Inquisitive VampKitten[/color][/size]
[img]http://lh3.google.com/tarllambson/R0u-HVJuDhI/AAAAAAAAAL8/4JlaeAkOKoA/s800/cope.gif[/img]
[size=109]40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope[/size]
[size=84]Banner by the amazingly talented and hysterically funny Fry[/size]
lilac-and-lavender
Learning to Love Green

yeah, I want me a Fritz too. Its true that as your kids get older you don't stop worrying, you just add to the list of things to worry about.
Even with books I think back about books I read at their age and think "I can't let my kids read that!"
Worse was the other day I left a BD sitting on my desk, my 14 year old picks it up and read the back. "Do you think I would like this?"
Me panicked "NO!"
"But it sounds like it has fighintg and martial arts?"
"NO!"
Joanie1119
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Physically: Philadelphia - Mentally: Goodness knows...

Post by Joanie1119 »

Well, as one who is not a parent (and on the fence about it), but has friends who are, I can sympathize, especially with how crazy the world is today.

However, speaking as someone whose parents let her watch, read, see, hear, do everything (yes, in some ways I was spoiled, but my folks were controlling in other ways though), I turned out just fine (relatively speaking)! LOL As in never got into alcohol, drugs, trouble (with the law and otherwise), I went to a competitive college, I'm in grad school now, eh, I volunteer at a womens and children's homeless shelter...

I guess it depends on your kids, some can handle exposure to things and not act like idiots, others, well....

OK!!!!!, back to BDB! By the way, KYAH!!!!! *squeals and does a happy dance* The rest of my books arrived in the mail!!!!!! Ooooh all the colors, they're so pretty......

Now, the question is, do I devour all of them in practically one sitting over this weekend? Or do I savor and prolong the enjoyment? I do have a long semester ahead of me (yes, I can always re-read them but it is never quite the same).

And I concur with you on having a Fritz. A helping hand sure never hurt anyone!
"Anyone without a soulfriend is like a body without a head" -The Tain
Christened by sistergrimm: VMT Queen of Creativity & Randomness! Yay!!!
lilac-and-lavender
Learning to Love Green

OK!!!!!, back to BDB! By the way, KYAH!!!!! *squeals and does a happy dance* The rest of my books arrived in the mail!!!!!! Ooooh all the colors, they're so pretty......
Lucky you, pretty books! Don't you just love the smell of books?
Do you think any of the BDB boys are readers? I mean I know they are busy being tough and all, but do any of them have an intellectual side?
Joanie1119
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Physically: Philadelphia - Mentally: Goodness knows...

Post by Joanie1119 »

Hmmmm, from what I have gathered of the boys so far:

V and Phury - yeah definitely, what exactly they read? I will have to get back to you on that.
Tohr - Probably, most likely, he definitely likes pop-culture.
Z and Rhage - I don't want to make assumptions...but they seem more like the kinesthetic learning type. Not satisfied with just sitting back and reading about it, but wanting to experience it.
Wrath - Seems more the audio book type. :)
"Anyone without a soulfriend is like a body without a head" -The Tain
Christened by sistergrimm: VMT Queen of Creativity & Randomness! Yay!!!
nissanmama
In Love with Fur

Post by nissanmama »

Well we know V is a Voracious reader. He has a whole wall in his room that is nothing but books. It's the first thing Jane notices about the room when she comes to (Oh sorry, that sounded dirty. :oops: ..um...when she wakes up after being kidnapped.) It's also the first thing in her apartment that V says looks like her. He thinks her brain is sexy. I get the feeling, however, that he reads a lot of non-fiction.

Phury proves he's a romantic in book five so classics for him.

Rhage and Z are definintely hands-on guys. Z is, of course, working his way through easy readers but will then devour training manuals. Bella will make sure he reads a few novels and he will read them to make her happy. I think actually, he'll read more with his daughter. Rhage doesn't have the patience for books. He's a magazine guy. Given his DVD collection, he'd be popculture, SI kind of guy. Maybe Mary reads to him so he can hear her voice and she can try to culture him up.

Wrath has his nose in administrative stuff and there's the whole vision thing. Beth probably reads to him too at night.

Thor is so practical. We didn't really get to know him well enough before he left.

Darius we know was also a bookworm. He read in multiple languages and no doubt it was everything from novels to economics.

Joanie1119~ As for reading the books in one sitting...well it depends on how good that self-control of yours is. :twisted:
[size=134][color=pink]Inquisitive VampKitten[/color][/size]
[img]http://lh3.google.com/tarllambson/R0u-HVJuDhI/AAAAAAAAAL8/4JlaeAkOKoA/s800/cope.gif[/img]
[size=109]40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope[/size]
[size=84]Banner by the amazingly talented and hysterically funny Fry[/size]
tuuli
Wandering Through Town

Post by tuuli »

I think Rhage was more DVD type of guy and Zadist didnt know how to read and write before at all.
Isabella Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-mails
Location: Stumbling around, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me.

Post by Isabella Cullen »

V reads pretty much anything, but give him a technical book and he's in hog's heaven. He has a vast collection of books in his room that baffles Jane the first time she sees them.
After they get together, Warden talks about how of the two of them, they could literally start their own library.

Zsadist is learning how to read right now, and I'm sure that with time he'll be reading some of the larger volumes soon too. :D

Wrath, well, he has difficulty really reading anything, but I can imagine that if he didn't he would enjoy anything action.

Same goes with Rhage, but I can't really see the guy picking up a book, to be perfectly honest. :D

Butch is easy. Sports Illustrated. XD

I'm not really sure what types of books Phury would enjoy. Probably something classical? I've really no idea. :P
“Look after my heart—I left it with you.â€