What are you Reading

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
StupidxLamb
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by StupidxLamb »

sarah-belle wrote:I'm reading The Wizard, The Witch, and Two Girls From Jersey. It's pretty good, but I don't really like that it's told from third person. But ehh...
I'm also reading Emma by Jane Austen, but I'm only on, like, page 8.
Emma is SO good. Keep reading, because the initial intro and chapter is always a little slow. ;)
[i]Carlisle House[/i]►[u]Team Edward[/u]◄[b]TeamIan[/b] →Pattinism!
[img]http://s3.tinypic.com/o79401.jpg[/img]
alice_fan2
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by alice_fan2 »

And then there were none~Agitha Christe
The Wedding~ Nicholas Sparks
Rebels Angels~Libba Bray
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours.~Edward Cullen
HalfEvil333
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by HalfEvil333 »

Still reading A Great and Terrible Beauty. I've had so much homework and stuff that I havn't had any time to read!! :cry:
Syn Morite
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Syn Morite »

epona wrote:
Puzzie219 wrote:I'm reading a certain slant of light. I'm only 2 chapters in, but it seems pretty good so far. Anyone else read it before?
Oh what's that? interesting that its named after an emily dickinson poem....
Really? The main character of the book absoloutely loves literature and poems so now I understand the title. I read that book a week and a half ago. I really liked it.

I read Blue Bloods a few days ago and read Masquerade after that. I can't wait for the third one!

Now i'm re-reading the Vampire Kisses series so I can remind myself of them for the fourth one which I haven't gotten a chance to read yet.
"What did you [i]do[/i] to this?" he asked in a horrorstruck voice.
"It didn't want to come out of the dashboard."
"So you felt the need to torture it?"
"You know how I am with tools. No pain was inflicted intentionally."
He shook his head, his face a mask of faux tragedy. "You killed it."
I shrugged. "Oh, well."
~[i]Eclipse[/i], pg. 47
luvthesebooks
Settled in Forks

Post by luvthesebooks »

I guess my taste in books is a little more "low brow" than "classic".

Just finished Eldest on CD. Awesome to hear the languages spoken. Much more enjoyable than reading it, in my opinion.

Going through the Susan Sizemore Prime Series for the second time. The smug nature of the Primes and their fierce protection of their mates reminds me of Edward. Very romantic.

I have read a couple of books from the Carpathian Series by Christine Freehan. They are pretty good but a little difficult to read. Both series are definately not young adult.

Thanks for the Blue Blood suggestion. I think I'll order it.
*Sunshine*
Wandering Through Town

Post by *Sunshine* »

I just read The Kite Runner and Oh wow. It's such a great book. I reccomed it to everyone. It was pretty sad though, it made me cry five times. I can't wait till the movie comes out, I hope its as good as the book.
[img]http://i32.tinypic.com/15qf4hy.jpg[/img]
Carrisa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Carrisa »

Warriors: Firestar's Quest

It's interesting, definetly sets a twist to what a person knew about the series.
Cantalupo
Wandering Through Town

Post by Cantalupo »

Just bought The Book Thief and A Year of Magical Thinking.
“I doubted there were any etiquette books detailing how to dress when your vampire sweetheart takes you home to meet his vampire family.â€Â
HalfEvil333
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by HalfEvil333 »

Carrisa wrote:Warriors: Firestar's Quest

It's interesting, definetly sets a twist to what a person knew about the series.
Oooo I've read that book! Honestly, I thought it was one of the best out of all the books. Not THE best, but one of them. I just hope that Erin Hunter brings in Skyclan in The Power of Three series.
Edward Cullen Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Waiting on someone in an oddly specific Volvo... tehe! <3

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I'm reading:

- The Traveler
- I'd tell you I love you, but then I'd have to kill you

And I found a book that I wanted yesterday called Leonardo's Shadow. I read the first twenty pages or so of it, and it's really good so far. But I didn't get it.
"In school they always said practice makes perfect. But then later they said that nobody's perfect so I stopped practicing." - Steven Wright