What are you Reading

Off topic conversation. Please read posting guidelines. No games or instant message style postings are permitted.
HalfEvil333
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by HalfEvil333 »

YankeeDoodleDandy wrote:I'm reading Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens for my World Lit. class.
Do you like that book? I thought it was really really EXTREMELY boring. Well, the first...three chapters were...I didn't really give it much of a chance, I suppose. I think I'll try to reread it, but I doubt this time will be much better than the last.

I had to write a report on that book for my GRANDMA. Yeah, I know. But I get money for the reports so it's all good. But I just watched the movie instead of actually read it... :oops:

darktimesharry77
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by darktimesharry77 »

I'm still reading Redemption.
[[url=http://www.darktimesharry.deviantart.com]my deviantart[/url]][[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~darktimesharry]ff.net[/url]]

sagems10
Wandering Through Town

Post by sagems10 »

well, i'm always reading either twilight, new moon, or eclipse. i just pick it up whenever i feel like it, which is alot. right now it's twilight.

i am also rereading a great and terrible beauty, by libba brey. super good book!

i just finished irish hearts, by nora roberts. very cute love story! has horses in it.

and i'm on the waiting list for book of a thousand days and austenland, by shannon hale. the list is HUGE! i think it's bacause stephenie mentioned them...

oh! i'm listening to the book on tape of phantom of the opera! it's one of my favorite movies, so i figured id give the book a try. it's a whole lot dofferent, and a bit confusing, but it's good. it's even better if you pretend it's real :wink:

that's all. for now...

J&E_Twilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by J&E_Twilight »

I just finished rereading EC

And now I'm reading Forever by Judy Blume

and Private Book 1 by uhh I don't know. xD
<center>[color=cyan][b]Proud RDP Member!!![/b][/color]
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Kikyou0Rox/Jummy%20Jacob/Jacob---Bella--Banners-jacob-bla-2.jpg[/img]

YankeeDoodleDandy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Trying to Get My Piano Teacher to Let Me Play Clair de Lune

Post by YankeeDoodleDandy »

Lomesir22 wrote:I'm reading Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens for my World Lit. class.

I feel so bad for you. I barely made it through that book.
HalfEvil333 wrote: Do you like that book? I thought it was really really EXTREMELY boring. Well, the first...three chapters were...I didn't really give it much of a chance, I suppose. I think I'll try to reread it, but I doubt this time will be much better than the last.

I had to write a report on that book for my GRANDMA. Yeah, I know. But I get money for the reports so it's all good. But I just watched the movie instead of actually read it... :oops:
I'm barely making it through it right now. The fact that it takes place in the French Revolution and that I'm going to cover that in my European History class is helping me get a little bit into it. I would rather read something else for Wolrd Lit. class (we have a list we can chose from), but Tale Of Two Cities is required so I'm getting it over with now.
[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z60/YankeeDandy/Vesp/BloomBanner.png[/img]

~Proud VL~N.B.O.A.D.C.~Twilight Mafia~RDP

Sansa
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Sansa »

I'm going to start:
The Madness, by Narcís Oller
for the school. I will fall sleep when I read it. Probably.

thesunshinekid
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by thesunshinekid »

I'm in the middle of Nicholas Nickleby, and its only my second Dickens, and I can see how in style its similar to The Tale of Two Cities, but Nicholas Nickleby is ridiculously funny and so easy to read. I love reading the names aloud to my mother, to which she laughs and says "only in England."

I noticed a few posts ago people talking about Wuthering Heights; totally one you have to stick with, and there's moments you have to force yourself to read, but at the end you'll be glad you did.
My fanfictions: www.fanfiction.net/~thesunshinekid

Sha-Nikki
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In my room laughing my bah-hooty off while reading the VMT!

Post by Sha-Nikki »

I am rereading Twilight and New Moon while I wait for my friend to finish my copy of Eclipse so I can reread that. But I am also reading a book called 'Go Ask Alice' it is an actual diary of a 15 year old girl who was drug user. It's about her downward spiral into drug abuse that took her away from her loving family and comfortable home to the mean streets of the city. A journey that took away her youth, innocence and her life.
~*Sha-Nikki*~ *~Gina Milano~* ~*VMT Queen of the Arts*~
My Partner-in-Crime is Duckie! We're wreaking havoc wherever we go on the Lexicon! Proud member of the Twilight Mafia, Team Edward, Team Bella, and Relish Dog Pound!
[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u76/Amber_Eyes_1/Demtag.jpg[/img][img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/NenaCullen/Arosmomcertified.jpg[/img]

vampgirl92
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampgirl92 »

I'm reading Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr. It's kindof wierd but it has a lot of action in it. The cover it also very pretty (main reason why I bought it).
Topaz eyes are the best eyes to have!

clingtowords
Settled in Forks

Post by clingtowords »

At the moment, I am reading or have just finished several books.

I just read the two Libba Bray books, A Great and Terrible Beauty and Rebel Angels. Both were very good, but I particularly liked the second book. Now I just have to wait till December for the third book.

Last night I finished Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. At first I was a little wary of the book, but then it grew on me and I liked it. I think there is supposed to be another book after it.

Now I am reading Marked. I just started it so I can't really give an opinion on it so much.

Then for my book club I am reading The Unbearable Lightness of Being and it is slow going. It just doesn't seem to hold my interest.

I need to finid alot of books to fill up my time between now and next August!