What is YOUR stance on Bella becoming a vampire?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
brightfishies
Settled in Forks

What is YOUR stance on Bella becoming a vampire?

Post by brightfishies » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:50 pm

Yes? No? Why? Why not? I'm extremely curious to see what you all think.

pelirroja

Post by pelirroja » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:31 pm

I'd say yes once she is out of high school. I kind of like Edward wanting to keep her human for a bit. He knows what it was like to be changed so young. Let her finish school.

The only exception would be if Bella managed ( and Lord knows with Bella this is a real possibility) to mortally wound herself somehow.

Now what in the heck they tell Charlie and Renee is beyond me.

brightfishies
Settled in Forks

Post by brightfishies » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:13 pm

pelirroja wrote:I'd say yes once she is out of high school. I kind of like Edward wanting to keep her human for a bit. He knows what it was like to be changed so young. Let her finish school.

The only exception would be if Bella managed ( and Lord knows with Bella this is a real possibility) to mortally wound herself somehow.

That's one thing I can't stop thinking about! How is this going to be explained to Charlie and Renee? Bella disappears and so do the Cullens; it's a bit fishy. Charlie will definitely try to find her and will not stop until he's sure of where she is or that she's dead.

And how will she fare with the strict diet? Can she handle it? Ah, so many questions!

michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen

Post by michL87 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:22 pm

I agree with Pel that Bella should be turned after she graduates high school. She will need time to learn how to control herself, obviously she will need to defer from college for a year. I don't think it would fly if she attacked her classmates.

Bella belongs in the vampire world more than the human one. She will never be happy as a human - getting older while Edward "remains" the same age. He is her true love and no one can compare. She will just live a miserable human life.

Unfortunately, Charlie and Renee will probably have to believe she died. However, the Cullens will become her new family. And they probably understand her better anyway.
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.

TwilightDamsel
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: With Emmett, watching RIDE 'EM COWBOY featuring Alie. Haha. :DD

Post by TwilightDamsel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:26 pm

idt that he should wait till they're out of high school. i mean she'll be older than him ((in a sense)) and i don't know.. i just dont think they should wait that long. maybe as a present on her 18th b-day. i don't know. random suggestions.
Last edited by TwilightDamsel on Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/Chandler_Mackenzie/Rosalie.gif[/img]

Thanks Rachel08 for the awesome Avie and banner. :]

Harasliz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Harasliz » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:31 pm

pelirroja wrote:I'd say yes once she is out of high school. I kind of like Edward wanting to keep her human for a bit. He knows what it was like to be changed so young. Let her finish school.

I completely agree! If Bella is changed into a vampire then her story can keep going which rocks!!!

They'll probably have to move though because of Renee and Charlie. Yep, she should be a vampire. :D

Shayla
Settled in Forks

Post by Shayla » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:34 pm

I want Edward to change her. And soon, before she can pass for Edward's mother! The end of the third book would be nice, though I doubt that that's going to happen.
I'm betting on Alice.

RiRiana
Defender Of Jacob's Honor

Post by RiRiana » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:06 pm

I might be the only one who thinks this, but I really don't want Bella to be changed. Now before anyone tries to bite my head off, here are my reasons:

1) Part of the entire allure of Bella and Edward's relationship is the fact that he is so tempted by her sent, but he keeps himself in check because he loves her.

2) At the same time, all of the Cullens are conflicted by what they are and how they live (although Rosalie the most), and so changing her would be a very very bad thing, especially considering none of the Cullens would have lived with out the change while Bella would be changed just because. Bella was already mortally wounded once and they sucked the poison out then, so I think it would cheapen the story by having someone changing her like this in the future.

These are just my opinions though. I wouldn't be heart broken or anything if he did change her, but the whole idea of being an ageless person in love with a mortal reminds me of Tuck Everlasting, and even in that story, in the end she is never changed, which I think adds a really tragic romanticism to the story.
Don't frown, you never know who might be falling in love with your smile.

michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen

Post by michL87 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:14 pm

RiRiana wrote:1) Part of the entire allure of Bella and Edward's relationship is the fact that he is so tempted by her sent, but he keeps himself in check because he loves her.

Yes, this may be a reason why so many of US love them as a couple.

HOWEVER, I do not believe this is why they love each other. Edward would actually prefer it if he wasn't tempted by her scent. They are soulmates because of their inner personalities. They have much in common. Bella relates to Edward because of his intelligence. He gets her in a way a 17 year old boy never could. And I believe Edward relates to her so well because he cannot read her mind - she is a puzzle to him.
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.

RiRiana
Defender Of Jacob's Honor

Post by RiRiana » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:25 pm

michL87 wrote:
RiRiana wrote:1) Part of the entire allure of Bella and Edward's relationship is the fact that he is so tempted by her sent, but he keeps himself in check because he loves her.

Yes, this may be a reason why so many of US love them as a couple.

HOWEVER, I do not believe this is why they love each other. Edward would actually prefer it if he wasn't tempted by her scent. They are soulmates because of their inner personalities. They have much in common. Bella relates to Edward because of his intelligence. He gets her in a way a 17 year old boy never could. And I believe Edward relates to her so well because he cannot read her mind - she is a puzzle to him.

I agree with you in that their love is not fueled by his desire to drink from her and his ability to resist that desire. But, I do think that that's a big part of what STARTED it all for Edward, also a big part of it is the fact that he can't read her mind. And of course they love each other for their personalities, strengths and weaknesses. Although I still don't want Bella to be changed.
Don't frown, you never know who might be falling in love with your smile.