Wouldnt people start to be suspicious of the Cullens?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
BellasBest
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Dreaming Of Forks
Contact:

Re: Wouldnt people start to be suspicious of the Cullens?

Post by BellasBest »

xiLOVEtheCullensx wrote:In Twilight, Charlie talks about how the Cullens go camping often. And that is supposed to explain why they are absent all the time. But wouldnt people begin to get suspicous? I mean, you can't exactly go camping in the middle of winter when there is 3 feet of snow. And speaking of the winter, how do they hunt during the winter? All the animals would be in hibernation... hmmm...


I know lots of people who camp in the winter. I am going camping in a few weekends and it has been snowing for a while now. Also, they are very fast, dont you think they could get where they wanted if they needed to, to hunt animals in a place further south.I really dont think it would be all to big of a problem for them.
<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r244/eamc17/Esme%20House/Bellasbestforesmehouse.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>
Luv4Jasper
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Location: Wherever Jasper Is

Post by Luv4Jasper »

Ezra wrote:The Cullens have to move on every several years to keep people from getting suspicious...but what happens if twenty years down the road they run into someone from one of their old towns? The Cullens are definitely unforgettable, and this person is sure to notice that they haven't aged at all.

Yea, that would be difficult. A few centuries back it would have been easier but now people have cameras and ways of keeping track of things like that. You'd think they would get noticed.
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/winged4iggy/Jasper.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/winged4iggy/soul.gif[/img]
Roo
Outdoing the Updo
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:58 am
Location: On Skype. Voice Chatting.
Contact:

Post by Roo »

I'd think that the thing that people would notice wouldn't so much be the fact that they skip school when it's sunny (ever been to Olympic National Park? It's GORGEOUS. Mt. Ranier national park and Mt. St. Helens are pretty spectacular too. It's really the perfect excuse: you can't see as far from the mountain tops on cloudy days).

The thing that I think would be a problem is people noticing that they never eat. Bella noticed it on their very first day. Don't you think other people have noticed their lack of appetite? I mean, why hasn't Charlie reacted? Alice and Edward are over all the time. Hospitals have lunch hours. Don't you think people would notice that Carlisle never comes to lunch?

Unless, of course, Carlisle pretends to have phenylketonuria (PKU). That's a genetic disorder that makes it impossible for your body to process phenylalanine, a protein that's found in meat, dairy, grains, legumes, and even some vegetables and fruit. Children with PKU become severely mentally retarded if they consume phenylalanine, so it's recommended that people with this disorder stay on a really crappy diet of pre-packaged shakes and bars for the rest of their miserable lives(they can have a little fruit and veggies too, but not much. An ear of corn is half their maximum daily intake of phenylalanine).

Actually...now that I think aobut it... PKU would be the PERFECT cover for any vampire.
The newest convert to the Taylighters!

[b]DUDE![/b] You should read my fanfic. It's pretty funny.
[b][url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3514839/1/][color=yellow]Alice and Renee go to Big Lots to Buy Garden Gnomes[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3417322/1/][color=blue]Edward in PE[/color][/url][/b]
BellasBest
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Dreaming Of Forks
Contact:

Post by BellasBest »

Roo wrote:The thing that I think would be a problem is people noticing that they never eat. Bella noticed it on their very first day. Don't you think other people have noticed their lack of appetite? I mean, why hasn't Charlie reacted? Alice and Edward are over all the time. Hospitals have lunch hours. Don't you think people would notice that Carlisle never comes to lunch?


Well, Edward did eat some pizza, so I am sure they CAN eat if they want to. I am sure that Carlisle probably always says he is going out for lunch and just doesnt eat at all when he is out. They most likely just choose not to eat.
<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r244/eamc17/Esme%20House/Bellasbestforesmehouse.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>
Luv4Jasper
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:41 pm
Location: Wherever Jasper Is

Post by Luv4Jasper »

They can eat but they have to cough it up later because their digestive systems don't work anymore
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/winged4iggy/Jasper.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/winged4iggy/soul.gif[/img]
BellasBest
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Dreaming Of Forks
Contact:

Post by BellasBest »

Luv4Jasper wrote:They can eat but they have to cough it up later because their digestive systems don't work anymore


Ohhhh :oops:
<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r244/eamc17/Esme%20House/Bellasbestforesmehouse.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a>
m9organ
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: trying to find Eric a girl

Post by m9organ »

For all the people knew the Cullens could be going to Florida to camp. (not like that would ever happen) Even if people did getr suspicious, Edward would be able to read their mind and tell his family. If someone got to suspicious, they would leave so it wouldn't really matter anyway.
*~shh!! don't tell Bella but... I love Edward more!!~*
shadesofblack
Buying a Better Raincoat
Posts: 56
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:59 am
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: Wouldnt people start to be suspicious of the Cullens?

Post by shadesofblack »

xiLOVEtheCullensx wrote:In Twilight, Charlie talks about how the Cullens go camping often. And that is supposed to explain why they are absent all the time. But wouldnt people begin to get suspicous? I mean, you can't exactly go camping in the middle of winter when there is 3 feet of snow. And speaking of the winter, how do they hunt during the winter? All the animals would be in hibernation... hmmm...
i wasn't shocked to hear the Cullens are absent a lot.... i was tardy/absent quite a lot in high school but made average and above grades and i wasn't even a vampire. my school had a policy and i was supposed to be suspended so many times but it never happened because i was a good student. only privilege they took away was Prom my senior year, but i didn't care about that.

but the Cullens are "perfect"... i think if they were bad students, it'd be a different story.
[b]The Dark Knight[/b] = MASTERFUL.

Patiently waiting for ... [i]Breaking Dawn[/i] and [b]Twilight[/b] the Movie!
mlola619
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Post by mlola619 »

I think one of the main reasons why people don't really spend too much time thinking on the cullens is based on the fact that their unconscious natural instinct tells them to stay away. Not so much in the sense that they fear them, but subconsciously they KNOW they're dangerous & they're predators of them. It mentions my theory somewhere in Midnight Sun, Edward talks about how they naturally avoid the Cullens anyway because their subconscious mind know they're dangerous. I know i sound redundant but it does make sense and i would imagine that they would ignore the Cullens anyway since they're so to themselves. They never make themselves stand out in any way and as Charlie mentioned in the books they're an asset to the community- especially Carlisle. So in my opinion i think everyone's thinking is basically along the lines of
"why rock the boat when it's not sinking?"
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and I'm not leaving
m9organ
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: trying to find Eric a girl

Post by m9organ »

mlola619 wrote:I think one of the main reasons why people don't really spend too much time thinking on the cullens is based on the fact that their unconscious natural instinct tells them to stay away. Not so much in the sense that they fear them, but subconsciously they KNOW they're dangerous & they're predators of them. It mentions my theory somewhere in Midnight Sun, Edward talks about how they naturally avoid the Cullens anyway because their subconscious mind know they're dangerous. I know i sound redundant but it does make sense and i would imagine that they would ignore the Cullens anyway since they're so to themselves. They never make themselves stand out in any way and as Charlie mentioned in the books they're an asset to the community- especially Carlisle. So in my opinion i think everyone's thinking is basically along the lines of
"why rock the boat when it's not sinking?"
Exactly!
*~shh!! don't tell Bella but... I love Edward more!!~*
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests