do you think your mind is on AM and not FM?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
leela0687
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by leela0687 »

I'm very open minded but I don't know if my mind is open. If he were to read my thoughts they would all be confuzzeld, I can be thinking one then and then literally in the middle of the htought I would be like Oh shiney! it's so many things running threw my mind at all times. I think ti would be hard for to focus.
My votes for Jacob :-)

[img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/jadedbucs/TEAM-JACOB-jacob-black-531549_100_1.jpg[/img]

leahfellinlovwithtwilight
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by leahfellinlovwithtwilight »

i sincerley hope my minds on fm :D
oh, and freekin team jane! hope she finds a nice vampire boy thats not quite as hot as edward, but pretty freekin close!

"when i got home, all my things were in the garage."
edward cullen

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

Hmmm.. I'm sure if Edward could read my mind, we'd both feel embarassed at times. haha.
I'm sure I could try thinking, or rather not thinking, of certain things, to keep them a bit more reserved.
Sort of like Bella, but she really doesn't even have to try.
I'd have to try like Alice said she would have to, when they went to Italy.
I think it'd be sweet to read minds; Edward can read mine, I don't mind.
Sometimes thinking things is easier than actually saying them.
I think Edward would laugh at some of the things my mind bundles up. xD
"Do I dazzle <i>you</i>?"
"Frequently."

LisaAnn
Settled in Forks

Re: do you think your mind is on AM and not FM?

Post by LisaAnn »

i think i would be a messed up frequency....only bits and pieces here and there
I'd like to think the same thing. I think in a similar way that Bella does, and yet sometimes my thoughts will slip up and become trivial. It's kind of hard to tell without really trying it to see.
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/orasmus/3589.jpg.jpg[/img]

Crusader For Literature

Post by Crusader For Literature »

Does no one else think Bella's thoughts tend to be about as shallow and mundane and typical as anyone else's? Seriously, I've read much weirder first-person narratives than this series.

Steph.Cullen;)
Settled in Forks

Post by Steph.Cullen;) »

I've never really thought about it . I think he would be able to read my mind but be suprised at what I'm thinking. I thoughts and feelings in my head can be pretty intense or random . hehe :)
"And you're worried, not because you are headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won't approve of you, correct?" -Edward to Bella, twilight

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

Crusader For Literature wrote:Does no one else think Bella's thoughts tend to be about as shallow and mundane and typical as anyone else's? Seriously, I've read much weirder first-person narratives than this series.
Bella is your "normal," average teenage girl, though.
And I don't really see how her thoughts are shallow, exactly...
though, Jessica's are.
"Frequently."

Crusader For Literature

emilycullenx wrote:
Crusader For Literature wrote:Does no one else think Bella's thoughts tend to be about as shallow and mundane and typical as anyone else's? Seriously, I've read much weirder first-person narratives than this series.
Bella is your "normal," average teenage girl, though.
And I don't really see how her thoughts are shallow, exactly...
though, Jessica's are.
If Bella were a normal teenage girl Edward could read her mind. He can't so she's obviously supposed to be different and special and deep. She just doesn't act like that.

Apparantly it's all right for Bella to think about Edward's physical perfection all day, but let Jessica do that and she's shallow? You're acting blindly biased. Bella acts quite self-absorbed and her internal monologue can be whiny and petty, at least as much as Jessica is.

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

Crusader For Literature wrote: If Bella were a normal teenage girl Edward could read her mind. He can't so she's obviously supposed to be different and special and deep. She just doesn't act like that.

Apparantly it's all right for Bella to think about Edward's physical perfection all day, but let Jessica do that and she's shallow? You're acting blindly biased. Bella acts quite self-absorbed and her internal monologue can be whiny and petty, at least as much as Jessica is.
True, Bella's mind is different, in a sense that it's blocked off.
But that doesn't necessarily make her not normal; Stephenie has even said herself that the reason Bella is so easy to connect with is because she is quite normal.
Bella really doesn't see herself clearly, so I agree with you there.
But you see... Jessica only swoons over Edward's looks; she doesn't really see anything past that.
But Bella, she is amazed by Edward's beauty, as most people are/would be, but she sees past his outter beauty; she's very much attracted to his inner being because she knows he's so much better than he gives himself credit for, you know?
He sees himself as this horrible monster, but he's really not...
I agree, sometimes Bella can be whiney, but so can I, so I can attack her on that issue, when I'm just as bad.
Though, I'm not saying you are, so please don't take offense.
"Frequently."

Crusader For Literature

emilycullenx wrote:
Crusader For Literature wrote: If Bella were a normal teenage girl Edward could read her mind. He can't so she's obviously supposed to be different and special and deep. She just doesn't act like that.

True, Bella's mind is different, in a sense that it's blocked off.
But that doesn't necessarily make her not normal; Stephenie has even said herself that the reason Bella is so easy to connect with is because she is quite normal.
Bella really doesn't see herself clearly, so I agree with you there.
But you see... Jessica only swoons over Edward's looks; she doesn't really see anything past that.
But Bella, she is amazed by Edward's beauty, as most people are/would be, but she sees past his outter beauty; she's very much attracted to his inner being because she knows he's so much better than he gives himself credit for, you know?
He sees himself as this horrible monster, but he's really not...
I agree, sometimes Bella can be whiney, but so can I, so I can attack her on that issue, when I'm just as bad.
Though, I'm not saying you are, so please don't take offense.
Would you give examples of Bella looking past Edward's outer looks? Enough that they outweigh her constant swoon over Edward's physical traits?