Are you the only Twilight fan???

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Rubester
Learning to Love Green

Post by Rubester »

i'm definately the only overly obsessed one at my school. people look at me weird but i'm like i don't care, if you're my real friend, you'll accept my obsession.

greeneggs
Learning to Love Green

Post by greeneggs »

Crusader For Literature wrote:Do any of you know any twilight-haters? Because there seem to be quite a few. I know some myself.
Mentioning Twilight or Inheritance is against the rules in some literature forums. By which I mean, actually written into the official rules, not just unspoken protocol. And plenty others have just the unspoken protocol.

MoonStarWithWings
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by MoonStarWithWings »

Really? Why?

That seems a bit strange...
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/MoonStarWithWings/MonVie.png[/img]
[color=cyan]SC Squared <3[/color]

[color=yellow]Team Edward[/color][color=orange]my brand of heroin.[/color]
[color=orange]Team Ian[/color][color=yellow]eight lives, eight planets and [i]then [/i]she found him.[/color]

Crusader For Literature
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Crusader For Literature »

rescue the wolves wrote:
Aros_girl wrote:One of my friends says that Twilight is a great book but will never stand a chance against HArry POtter.
I have to say that they do not know what they are talking about. I love Harry Potter (a lot) but still, how can you compete with Twilight? After awhile, Harry Potter bores me. Twilight never does.
I must say, I agree with the friend. Harry Potter has much more potential to be a classic than does the Twilight, hem, "saga". And Twilight will never stand against the classics. It just doesn't have the potential for that sort of greatness.

greeneggs
Learning to Love Green

Post by greeneggs »

pale.carmine wrote:
no...but, i think that the people who don't like twilight are the ones who are maybe kind of freaked out by the idea of vampires and humans together or something.
Well, I actually have started officially saying that Vampire/human romances are creepy like cow/human romances, but that was just as a sort of backlash against their ridiculous popularity... Or specifically it was me explaining why I was only willing to collaborate on a completely platonic vampire human interaction story. More specifically, I was trying to minimize risk of trite, unskilled writers answering my summons.

I can see the appeal, but it's gotten SOOO old. Authors who rise past the cliche get love, though.

greeneggs
Learning to Love Green

Post by greeneggs »

MoonStarWithWings wrote:Really? Why?

That seems a bit strange...
It's rather hard to explain to fans, actually.

...Um.

Purple prose? Very little character development, too much short-cutting, a lot of flat characters, etc...

Oh, and the fans get on people's nerves.

Sorry. Just telling you why.

MoonStarWithWings
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by MoonStarWithWings »

OK, fair enough. I guess everyone views the books differently.

Personally, I disagree. But as I said, different opinions.

Although I would agree with that for Inheritance.
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/MoonStarWithWings/MonVie.png[/img]
[color=cyan]SC Squared <3[/color]

[color=yellow]Team Edward[/color][color=orange]my brand of heroin.[/color]
[color=orange]Team Ian[/color][color=yellow]eight lives, eight planets and [i]then [/i]she found him.[/color]

Sandy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sandy »

Sort ofish, my best buddies introduces me to Twilight (but I just moved last year so I don't see them very much) In my new state, a few people know about Twilight, but I haven't found a major amount of fans at school.
"I love me some Jasper."-Stephenie Meyer

"With any part you play, there is a certain amount of yourself in it. There has to be, otherwise it's just not acting. It's lying."-Johnny Depp

EkatCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by EkatCullen »

hmm... i know about 5 twilight fans in my town.... lolz

edward's#1fangrrl
Settled in Forks

Post by edward's#1fangrrl »

There are apparently a few Twilight fans at my school(they ride my one friend's bus), but I don't really have a chance to talk to them because they're a grade ahead of me. One of the girls in the group I sit with at lunch has read them, but we don't really get a chance to talk about them because nobody else really cares :( . I'm going to try to get my best friend/s to read them though!