What song reminds you best of moments in twilight?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Eri
Displays excellent tracking skills
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:03 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by Eri »

Hey!!

Thanks for the links michL :wink: I was watching the Romeo & Juliet performance and i loved the music, it could fit when Edward and Bella are in the meadow.

I like Blackmore's Night and they have a song, Shadow of the Moon, that i usually listen if i'm reading Twilight, the lyric doesn't relate that much to the book, but it gets me in the best mood to read it :wink:
Ephemera
Settled in Forks
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:30 pm
Location: Indiana
Contact:

Post by Ephemera »

Alrighty! I have two songs that I believe could easily relate to this book.. Number one is Shindown-Burning Bright

"I feel like there is no need for conversation
Some questions are better left without a reason
And I would rather reveal myself than my situation
Now and then I consider, my hesitation
The more the light shines through me
I pretend to close my eyes
The more the dark consumes me
I pretend I'm burning, burning bright

I wonder if the things I did were just to be different
To spare myself of the constant shame of my existence
And I would surely redeem myself in my desperation
Here and now I'll express, my situation

There's nothing ever wrong but nothing's ever right
Such a cruel contradiction
I know I cross the lines its not easy to define
I'm born to indecision
There's always something new some path I'm supposed to choose
With no particular rhyme or reason"

And now for song numero dos! Pink- Don't Let Me Get Me. But for this song.. it's not the entire song, so I'll put the parts that fit.

"Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a hazard to myself"

"Don't let me get me
I'm my own worst enemy
Its bad when you annoy yourself
So irritating
Don't want to be my friend no more
I want to be somebody else"
Kay13579
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Post by Kay13579 »

wow! i never thought of the reason thats really good by Hoobastank( sp?)

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why i need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You [x4]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you

its Edward overcoming the blood lust towards Bella!!! :D
supchemistry23
Settled in Forks
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:04 pm
Contact:

Post by supchemistry23 »

frou frou - let go kindof reminds me of parts of it.
"so let go, just let go, just get in,
oh, it's so amazing here.
it's alright, cause there's beauty in the breakdown."

senses fail -save yourself
"cause i want to learn how you saved yourself
for someone who could love you for you
so many times we just give it away..."

acceptance - seeing is believing.
"i miss you, i miss you, and i miss you.
i need you i need you, and i need you more.
can see you i see you, can i see you more?
i want to defend as i hold you so close to me.
you speak of peace, well how can that be? surround me."


rascal flatts - the day before you
"Now you're here and everything's changin'
Suddenly life means so much
I can't wait to wake up tomorrow
And find out this promise is true
I would never have to go back to
The day before you"
"The Heaven knows those years without you
Shaping my heart for the that day I found you
You're the reason for all that I've been through
Then I'm thankful for the day before you"

...well, except the wake up part ;].

and alot of songs by the used tend to remind me.

but maybe this is all just me =].
"Three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't how potent that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."
<I>Twilight</I>
bloodline
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:01 pm
Location: the states

Post by bloodline »

~Vielka~ wrote:bloodline wrote:

i find myself listening to Natasha Bedingfield, Linkin Park, Incubus, Foo Fighters, Dido, uhh mm. .. Vanessa Carlton, uhh i have a CD that has piano solos, and archastra (cant spell) music! which i love! i listen to a vvarirty of music, not alot of rap!


Yes!!!!

I find myself mainly with Linkin Park, Incubus and Hoobastank! Their song, 'The Reason'...OMG I could die!





thats cool! i really like listening to 'warning' from incubus. and from foo fighters i like 'the best' just to many to pick from!! haha
sam bone chicken bone ham bone sam bone
caiti180
Settled in Forks
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by caiti180 »

yeah, so, stephenie said she was a particular fan of Muse, and because of her, i checked out their music, which is mostly alternative. their one song "Time Is Running Out" relates so much to the book!!! if you get a chance, check it out at this website: http://www.muse.mu/ here are some of the lyrics:

i wanted freedom
now i'm restricted
i tried to give you up
but i'm addicted
now that you know i'm trapped
sense of elation

time is running out
give me your heart and your soul
cause i'm breaking out
escaping now
feeling my faith erode
michL87
Officially Bitten Avatar Queen
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:02 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post by michL87 »

caiti180 wrote:i tried to give you up
but i'm addicted
now that you know i'm trapped
sense of elation

time is running out
give me your heart and your soul


... PERFECT
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/myspace/leah/banner2.jpg[/img]


[url=http://www.myspace.com/michlayouts]MySpace Layouts[/url] - My MySpace Layouts. Some of them relate to Twilight.
jenuine
Settled in Forks
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: MD

Post by jenuine »

Anna.Pad wrote:OMG!! No one has said Goo Goo Doll's "Iris" yet! It's totally Edward/Bella!!! I love it!


I totally agree. I even emailed Stephenie awhile ago and told her I thought it was great for the book. She wrote back and said she loved the song too. yay!
"Starbucks has nothing to do with stars or deer. Deer don't make coffee, so shut up!"
Violet
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:32 pm
Location: Snowland.
Contact:

Post by Violet »

i can't just choose one song and one moment. 4ever by The Veronicas and MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday are perfect, i think.

"Come on baby we aint going to live forever
Let me show you all the things that we could do
You know I want to be together
And I want to spend the night with you
With you
Come with me tonight
We could make the night last forever."
- 4ever by The Veronicas

"And we lay, we lay together just not
Too close, too close (How close is close enough?)
We lay, we lay together just not
Too close, too close

I just want to break you down so badly
Well I trip over everything you say
I just want to break you down so badly
In the worst way."
- MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday.
It's a lie - a kiss with open eyes.
caiti180
Settled in Forks
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Post by caiti180 »

Violet wrote:

"And we lay, we lay together just not
Too close, too close (How close is close enough?)
We lay, we lay together just not
Too close, too close

I just want to break you down so badly
Well I trip over everything you say
I just want to break you down so badly
In the worst way."
- MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday.


OMG...absolutely amazing :P
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests