SM - "Bella, honey..."

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Cioccolata
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In a Forks like town in New York. Seriously. IT'S SO GREEN

SM - "Bella, honey..."

Post by Cioccolata »

I'm sorry if this has been brought up.[if it has, please, lock this thread and bop me on the head for being a dope!]
But I wanted to talk about how Jake called Bella "Honey" a few times in the book. She didn't even acknowledge it in the least. It seemed odd to me that Bella didn't even care, or notice.
I may be looking too in to this. I wouldn't be surprised :lol: <--nervous laughter
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CuteButInsane/timepassesbannerresize.jpg[/img]
By the way
By your side I'll stay
--Clumsy Card House by Blue October
Alison
Settled in Forks

Post by Alison »

Yeah, I'm not sure if I liked Jacob calling her that. I practically shouted out loud, "She's Edward's girl! You're only allowed to call her by her name!"

Bu then, and I believe I'm right, I thought it was a very interesting comparison of the two, because when Edward comes back he calls her sweetheart, I believe. I don't know, that just really stuck out for me. Very interesting. I'm still rooting for Edward, as if it wasn't obvious enough.
Cioccolata

Post by Cioccolata »

Alison wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure if I liked Jacob calling her that. I practically shouted out loud, "She's Edward's girl! You're only allowed to call her by her name!"

Bu then, and I believe I'm right, I thought it was a very interesting comparison of the two, because when Edward comes back he calls her sweetheart, I believe. I don't know, that just really stuck out for me. Very interesting. I'm still rooting for Edward, as if it wasn't obvious enough.
Exactly! [though I must admit I was kind of rooting for a little somethin' between Bella and Jake ^^;] But it just seemed kind of strange to me that she just said nothing about that.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/CuteButInsane/timepassesbannerresize.jpg[/img]
By the way
By your side I'll stay
Nyx
Settled in Forks

Post by Nyx »

I think Bella was just humoring him. She probably noticed that he called her honey, but as she said near the end, she might have been willing to date Jacob. She didn't want to completely put him off by telling him not to call her that, but she didn't necessarily approve of it. That's how I interpreted it. I think she just sort of put up with it, but didn't make a huge deal of it either way.
Stephenie
By the way...I'm the author.

Post by Stephenie »

It didn't sound like a girlfriend/boyfriend kind of endearment to Bella, no matter how Jacob meant it. Remember, Charlie calls her "honey," too. To Bella, it sounded very natural, considering how close they are.
*The Great and Terrible Oz has spoken*
Cioccolata

Post by Cioccolata »

Stephenie wrote:It didn't sound like a girlfriend/boyfriend kind of endearment to Bella, no matter how Jacob meant it. Remember, Charlie calls her "honey," too. To Bella, it sounded very natural, considering how close they are.
That's true.

Though I bet it meant something different to Jake, hm?

Yeesh... I was dying for New Moon to come out so I could read more about Bella and Edward, and now I'm dying for Eclipse to come out so I can read more about Jake! ^_^;;
By the way
By your side I'll stay
Nyx
Settled in Forks

Post by Nyx »

I think I'm too in love with Edward to care about Jake anymore.
InLoVeWiThAbOoK
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by InLoVeWiThAbOoK »

haha, i think its sweet when i guy says that, even in a friend kind of way ... i call everybody sweetie, lol.

i liked jake and i liked him better when he said the little things like that.
http://dealwiththepain.livejournal.com
Cioccolata

Post by Cioccolata »

InLoVeWiThAbOoK wrote:haha, i think its sweet when i guy says that, even in a friend kind of way ... i call everybody sweetie, lol.

i liked jake and i liked him better when he said the little things like that.
Oh well I adore Jake as well! Ever since the first book I really enjoyed when ever he'd enter the scene.

Edit:Oh hey this is my hundreth post! ^-^ I feel a strange sense of pride at that... O.o :P
Last edited by Cioccolata on Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the way
By your side I'll stay
Dawn
Settled in Forks

Post by Dawn »

I thought that it was sweet when he did that, but some people naturally call people honey, hun or whatever. I know I do.

I like Jake. When he had finished changing, the difference was crazy. But I liked it.