Favorite Quotes Of new moon

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
vickles
Settled in Forks

Post by vickles »

Okay, in my re-reading of New Moon, I am taking the time to write down all of my favorite quotes, but have only gotten to page 19. Here's what I have so far:

"Happy birthday, Bella!"
"Shh!" (p.8 )
~*~
Edward interupted her [Alice's] threat. "Relax, Alice. If Bella wants to watch a movie, then she can. It's her birthday."
"So there," I added. (p.11)
>>>lol. I could totally see her sticking her tongue out childishly right here, and then next to perfect Edward, that's just funny.
~*~
(College was Plan B. I was still hoping for Plan A, but Edward was just so stubborn about leaving me human...) (p.13)
>>>Love the way this is said like a completely rational thought when in reality it's off the wall. "Darn, I can't be a vampire..."
~*~
Though I respected the need for maintaining a safe distance between my skin and his razor-sharp, venom-coated teeth, I tended to forget things like that when he was kissing me. (p.16)
~*~
"Well, I wasn't going to live without you." He rolled his eyes as if that fact were childishly obvious. (p.19)
>>>Ah, Edward...we love you.

~*~

Hmm...also love the months of the pages, when he left her I cried, and I love any of his-voice-in-her-head delusions that were in there. I completely fell for Jacob and there are a lot of good quotes there that I'm looking forward to. Of course, I jumped for joy at the proposal. (I and two other friends were squee-ing about it this morning, in fact...)

Actually, I did not hear "mah brotha'" though! I actually heard him saying it in an incredibly white style, which made it all the more hilarious. I love it when white guys try to act gangsta, lol.
Kara13
Settled in Forks

Post by Kara13 »

i don't know if anyone has said this yet but:

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly in strange lurches and dragging lulls but pass it does. Even for me.

I LOVE that part (even though it made me cry).
CissyDoes
Settled in Forks

Post by CissyDoes »

'At that moment, my head broke the surface. How disorienting. I'd been sure I was sinking."

That one cracked me up, even if it was Bella almost drowning.
.___.Been There. Jumped That.l=l

I LOVE HORSES!!! My horse, Cissy Does, could kick your horse's butt anyday.
CissyDoes
Settled in Forks

Post by CissyDoes »

"Oh, crap," I croaked. My throat was thick with sleeping.
"Whats wrong, Bella?"
I frowned at him unhappily. His face was even more anxious than before.
"I'm daed, right?" I moaned, "I did drown. Crap, crap, crap! This is going to kill Charlie."
Edward frowned, too. "You're not dead."
"Then why am I not waking up?" I challenged, raising my eyebrows.
"You are awake, Bella."
I shook my head. "Sure, sure. That's what you want me to think. And then it will be worse when I do wake up, which I won't, because I'm dead. This is awful. Poor Charlie. And Renee. And Jake..." I trailed off in horror at what I had done.
"I can see where you might confuse me with a nightmare." His short-lived smile was grim. "But I can't imagine what you could have done to wind up in hell. Did you commit many murders while I was away?"
I grimaced. "Obviously not. If I was in hell, yo uwoudlnt be with me."
He sighed.
My head was getting clearer. My eyes flickered away from his face-unwillingly-for one second, to the dark, open window, and then back to him. I started to remember details...and I felt a faint, unfamilair blush warm the skin over my cheekbones as I slowly realized that Edward was reallly, truly here with me, and I was waisting time being an idiot.

Love that one too. Sorry, I had to post two. I have so many more! *huggles New Moon*
.___.Been There. Jumped That.l=l

I LOVE HORSES!!! My horse, Cissy Does, could kick your horse's butt anyday.
kell-wa
Settled in Forks

Post by kell-wa »

Wow. Great quotes everyone. I don't have my book wiht me and I would ide if I mangled them but I'll post them ASAP. In the mean time readign them all, it made me laugh and cry all over again. Stephanie is amazing at writing and we all know thats a horrible understament.
username
Settled in Forks

Post by username »

"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."
-Edward Cullen

^ definately my favorite. if any man said something like that to me, i'd be completely won over.
"...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."
beautfuly tragic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by beautfuly tragic »

username wrote:"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."
-Edward Cullen

^ definately my favorite. if any man said something like that to me, i'd be completely won over.

awww I loved that part! It was so sweet! *sigh* I love Edward
Sarah <3

"It's been almost a century that Edward's been alone. Now he's found you. You can't see the changes that we see, we who have been with him for so long. Do you think any of us want to look into his eyes for the next hundred years if he loses you?" --Alice; pg. 410
sporty502
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by sporty502 »

CissyDoes wrote:"Oh, crap," I croaked. My throat was thick with sleeping.
"Whats wrong, Bella?"
I frowned at him unhappily. His face was even more anxious than before.
"I'm daed, right?" I moaned, "I did drown. Crap, crap, crap! This is going to kill Charlie."
Edward frowned, too. "You're not dead."
"Then why am I not waking up?" I challenged, raising my eyebrows.
"You are awake, Bella."
I shook my head. "Sure, sure. That's what you want me to think. And then it will be worse when I do wake up, which I won't, because I'm dead. This is awful. Poor Charlie. And Renee. And Jake..." I trailed off in horror at what I had done.
"I can see where you might confuse me with a nightmare." His short-lived smile was grim. "But I can't imagine what you could have done to wind up in hell. Did you commit many murders while I was away?"
I grimaced. "Obviously not. If I was in hell, yo uwoudlnt be with me."
He sighed.
My head was getting clearer. My eyes flickered away from his face-unwillingly-for one second, to the dark, open window, and then back to him. I started to remember details...and I felt a faint, unfamilair blush warm the skin over my cheekbones as I slowly realized that Edward was reallly, truly here with me, and I was waisting time being an idiot.

Love that one too. Sorry, I had to post two. I have so many more! *huggles New Moon*

i loved that quote to but my other favorite quote is

"DAd dont be mad at him be mad at me" - Bella
"You bet i will be" -Charlie
"KAy let me down" - bella
haha
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9769/glitter87db2bb80f364e47jp1.gif[/img][/url]
Viorica
Learning to Love Green
Location: at the Chthon safehouse, wandering after Marcus with my tongue lolling out

Post by Viorica »

The part where the boys are plotting to pick a fight with Demetri, the part where Edward compares Bella to a meteorite.
"YOur father forbid me to ever enter your door again . . . but I came through the window."
I'll post more when I get the book back from my friend. I've got like a mini-library in my basement.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/993404/

[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/abcd1_02/255975028_b5a7ea716f_o.jpg[/img]
twilightdreams
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by twilightdreams »

Kara13 wrote:i don't know if anyone has said this yet but:

Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly in strange lurches and dragging lulls but pass it does. Even for me.

I LOVE that part (even though it made me cry).

I love that too, see its in my siggy.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b204/Pyroette2020/Myspace%20Avatars/e8nxg2.png[/img]

He just can't be dead...