Quil and Clair

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Quil and Clair

Post by Cocoa »

Alright, I relictantly start this requested thread, only because we have been avioding it like the plague. Here is how this is going to work. You may discuss every aspect of their relationship and how it will change as Clair ages. But any posts that mention the word PEDOPHILE (or any insinuation there of) will be deleted.
Last edited by Cocoa on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lomesir22
Rapier Wit Hurts, Don't Make Me Stab You

Post by Lomesir22 »

Clever way to get around the filter, Cocoa.

After I stopped laughing my head off when I read about Quil's imprinting, I thought about the situation. I'd hate to be Quil; he has to wait at least 16 years before their relationship can go to any sort of romantic level. It's a good thing his life will be stretched out.

Claire def. got the better deal. She has a guy who will pretty much worship the ground she walks on. He'll always be there for her, through anything.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/lomesir/jaspershair.jpg[/img]

goldilocks
Wandering Through Town

Post by goldilocks »

Wasn't it said in Eclipse that when a werewolf imprints on someone they be whatever the person needs them to be?
So. Quil will be like a big brother, then a friend, then boyfriend.

going to suck for Quil though. He has to wait all that time..

Claire has it better. The perfect guy for her is going to be there for pretty much all of her life, minus the first two years. But then again, she might not want to be with Quil once she's the right age.. Wouldn't the older brother way of thinking about him screw things up?

x_muse
Settled in Forks

Post by x_muse »

I admit, I giggled when I first read that Quil imprinted on a two year old. Lol.

But now that that's out of the way..I think it is actually kind of sweet..in a strange way. This little girl will be taken care of her whole life by the guy who will end up being her true love/imprint. She has got it made in the shade. Clair doesn't ever have to "search for love". Lucky girl... But I guess since he is a werewolf, that makes up for it.

Oh, but poor Quil. He will have to wait a while before they can get involved...

I think it will progress in stages: big brother, best friend, boyfriend, and so on. I don't think she will think of him as always her best friend/brother--or at least I hope not. I want them to end up together!
[i]A starlight in the gloom...[/i]//<a href="http://shameless.forumotion.com/index.htm">Check out TTF!</a>

Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Post by Cocoa »

I think its important to remember that at this time he has no romantic feelings toward her either. They are that of a Big Brotherly kind of love. My question would be when will her need change. I started having real boyfriends in middle school. How old do you think she will be when their relationship changes from friendship to love?

goldilocks
Wandering Through Town

Post by goldilocks »

Cocoa wrote:I think its important to remember that at this time he has no romantic feelings toward her either. They are that of a Big Brotherly kind of love. My question would be when will her need change. I started having real boyfriends in middle school. How old do you think she will be when their relationship changes from friendship to love?
That's a good question..
There's not really any way to know for sure... You said that you started having real boyfriends in middle school, well I'm in grade 11, and I still haven't felt the need for a real boyfriend. But maybe I'm just really independent. Meh, haha I'm not about to analyze myself here. But yeah. I think that as soon as she is ready for a relationship, Quill will be there. I'd say it depends more on Claire's parents though.. Unless they know he's a werewolf.. and they understand the imprinting thing.. :?

The only way we'll know for sure is when BD comes out!

.Rhian.
Settled in Forks

Post by .Rhian. »

i always thought it was very interesting how Bella reacted to the news about this. I personally thought it was very funny, n then as Jacob explained more it was kind of cute, whereas Bella was repulsed by the idea.

In relation to when their relationship will progress from big brother to boyfriend i think it all depends on Claire's parents. I can imagine her getting a school girl crush on him in the younger girls, but of course Quil wouldnt follow those feelings up. If Claire's parents do know about Quil being a werewolf and imprinting theyd be more likely to let Claire start seeing Quil properly, but if they don't, even when Claire is about 16 (is that how old Quil was when he turned?), her parents will think Quil is much MUCH older, even if he doesnt look so, which again would cause problems for her relationship.

I think it will be quite interesting to see if Claire will have relationships with other boys her own age at school etc, and to see how Quil will deal with this. I can imagine him behaving in a slightly protective way, but not because he is purely jealous.

Maryanne
Settled in Forks

Post by Maryanne »

After the initial shock and giggling after reading this part of the book, I started to think about how it was an important piece of information. It just shows how strong Imprinting is and that it isnt something that you can deny. I can only imagine that Quil would have loved to imprint on someone his own age and that he wouldnt have wished imprinting on someone that was 2 yrs old for anything! But its such a strong force that it cant be denied. It also reinforces that Jacob cant imprint on Bella in the future, it has to be the first time he sees her...

telefreak
Wandering Through Town

Post by telefreak »

I totally agree with you Maryanne. It kind of made me realize the strength of imprinting. I mean, I figured that Sam and Emily really loved each other but this just kind of makes on see that imprinting transcends stuff like age.
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/338/mybanner47d3601d70805zm4.jpg[/img][/url]

Tennyo
Steph's Metaphysical Devil's Advocate

Post by Tennyo »

I find myself feeling pretty sorry for Claire. It's like an arranged marriage to me. She's got her whole future planned out for her before she's even conscious of what's happening. Where's her choice in all this, if she's going to be raised to pretty much choose Quil without other thought? Sure she'll be taken care of and be loved, but isn't she sacrificing some of her free will if she "finds" love in this manner? I really hope that she's raised in a way that makes it clear to her that she doesn't "have" to choose Quil, even if it hurts him to let her go.

And I don't want to start an "issue" over this, but what happens if Claire doesn't like boys?

(I am fully aware that this is a very delicate subject, so mods, please feel free to edit that last line out if you feel it is too hot-button)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/OpalTennyo/reviseded.gif[/img]