DND-SM-Change of Narrators: What did you think?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
cuppycake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cuppycake »

migamoo wrote:
freakyvirgo913 wrote:Okay, I know this thread is about the change in narrators. But Where does it say that there will be 2 narrators?????? Am I blind? Did Stephenie actually say (or type; whichever) that there will be 2 narrators? I know there's speculation, but has she said somewhere that there will be two narrators? Someone please help me out!
She's said it quite a few times, and it was also confirmed in the Canadian article a few weeks back. You can probably find it on the front page of the lex.
Haha so that's what... haha I feel stupid. =)
When other little girls wanted to be
Ballet Dancers
I kind of wanted to be a vampire.
SailorYue
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by SailorYue »

nd if Jacob's story must be told, make it an epilogue or something.
to me jake's story in BD needs MORE than a bonus or something. he IS in love with bella, despite the weding, and will try everything to prevent his best frind-turned-crush from killing herself. Stephenie may say that jake's a flawless character but im sure were going to learn a few in BD and we'd need jaob's POV for that.
[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5715/mybannerglitter46457837lf5.gif[/img]
Banner by me, using tektek ^^
Series im reading and recomnd:
[i]Southern Vampire Mysteries[/i] by Charlaine Harris [vampire mystery/romance series]
[i]Dresden Files[/i] by Jim Butcher [paranormal mystery series]
-----------------
"You aint one of those Satan worshippers are you?"
"No, more like Pythagoras"
"Pih-who?"
"He invented triangles"
[from [i]THe Dresden Files[/i]
Twilight_Lover_91387
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_Lover_91387 »

At first I was really angry about it, but I've read so many other things in other POVs ( and written in them) I think it will be good. But if there is more Jacob, I will not be happy, but I'll survive.
freakyvirgo913
Learning to Love Green

Post by freakyvirgo913 »

cuppycake wrote:
migamoo wrote:
freakyvirgo913 wrote:Okay, I know this thread is about the change in narrators. But Where does it say that there will be 2 narrators?????? Am I blind? Did Stephenie actually say (or type; whichever) that there will be 2 narrators? I know there's speculation, but has she said somewhere that there will be two narrators? Someone please help me out!
She's said it quite a few times, and it was also confirmed in the Canadian article a few weeks back. You can probably find it on the front page of the lex.
Haha so that's what... haha I feel stupid. =)
Ooooooh! (insert image of me slapping myself in the forehead.) Okay, I see. Thanks guys! I really need to be a bit more observant...
SPARKLES
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by SPARKLES »

I am thinking with all the loose ends that need to be tied up that maybe it's just the way that makes most sense to get the most story told. I prefer it be strictly from Bella's POV like the other 3 books (besides the EC epilogue of course) but if it helps answer more questions and tell the story I am sure SM will do it in such a way that isnt confusing. We just need to have faith in her. I am more worried about the direction the story will take, what will happen in BD and if all the things that are important to me will take place in BD than I am having 2 narrators.
[img]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/smileymontes/BE.jpg[/img][img]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m190/rossumrox05/Bella%20and%20Edward/teamedward.jpg[/img][img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u78/heart_in_the_clouds/Avatars%20and%20Icons/Twilight%20series/blackandtealheart2ux8.png[/img]
Edward'sAngel
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward'sAngel »

SPARKLES wrote:I am more worried about the direction the story will take, what will happen in BD and if all the things that are important to me will take place in BD than I am having 2 narrators.
Same here. I've decided I'm okay with two narrators because in the end that won't matter. What happens between the characters is what matters.
freakyvirgo913
Learning to Love Green

Post by freakyvirgo913 »

Edward'sAngel wrote:
SPARKLES wrote:I am more worried about the direction the story will take, what will happen in BD and if all the things that are important to me will take place in BD than I am having 2 narrators.
Same here. I've decided I'm okay with two narrators because in the end that won't matter. What happens between the characters is what matters.
There we go! I didn't know how I felt about the 2 narrators, but when you put it that way, perfect sense. Good job!
Victoriaoke
Settled in Forks

Post by Victoriaoke »

I'm sure it will be confusing at first, because it breaks the pattern we've all gotten used to, and, let's face it, most readers are creatures of habit... but i'm sure SM wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't what she thought was for the best- after all, these are her stories, and if any number of events had not taken place, we wouldn't have been blessed with having them at our disposal to read- really, when you think of it that way, how can you complain?
Victoriaoke = Victoria + Karaoke = fun times

OMG! Avada Kedavera doesn't kill you, it turns you into a vampire in another fandom!
StarlightMuse
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by StarlightMuse »

I'm okay with multiple narrators as long as it's clear I know whose thoughts we're hearing. I once had to read a book with fourteen different perspectives, and that got a bit confusing. However, I'm confident that Stephenie won't let us be too confused.
Edward'sAngel
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward'sAngel »

I'm now thinking that it might be interesting to read Jakes's POV. I want to hear how he moves on with his life, because as much as I disliked him during Eclipse, I care for his character.