DND-SM-Change of Narrators: What did you think?

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
SailorYue
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by SailorYue »

i definatly see it more s jake's being the second POV. we need to know whats happening to him after the temper tanttrum he;s thrown. he HAS to grow up right, once he realies that he's being imature, especilly by abandoning billy like that.

anyone else seems, well off.
[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5715/mybannerglitter46457837lf5.gif[/img]
Banner by me, using tektek ^^
Series im reading and recomnd:
[i]Southern Vampire Mysteries[/i] by Charlaine Harris [vampire mystery/romance series]
[i]Dresden Files[/i] by Jim Butcher [paranormal mystery series]
-----------------
"You aint one of those Satan worshippers are you?"
"No, more like Pythagoras"
"Pih-who?"
"He invented triangles"
[from [i]THe Dresden Files[/i]
edwardian.16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by edwardian.16 »

I don't think I'd mind the change in perspective, but reading all of the comments makes me really appreciate the simple, breathtaking purity of Twilight. Twilight basically captured the magic of Bella and Edward's love. After that, things got a whole lot more complicated: we were introduced to werewolves, the volturi etc. and bella+edward got buried underneath it all, in a sense.

Speaking of which, i think Edward would make another good perspective in Breaking Dawn. I feel like he also has a story to tell because throughout the other 3 books, we are only seeing him through Bella's eyes. Stephenie's already mentioned that Edward feels so much more insecure than Bella can ever imagine, so I'd like Edward's POV in Breaking Dawn - which is also probably why I'm looking forward to Midnight Sun.

I guess Jacob's will need to be told at some point too. After Eclipse, i was pretty much repulsed by Jake, but he also needs to have his story told. It would be incomplete if it wasn't.

But ultimately, its up to Stephenie. The characters are in her head and they'll decide what to do, as she's already told us herself. I also noted that a lot of us are very protective of edward+bella! As am i. I hope their story ends happily.
After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?
verta
Wandering Through Town

Post by verta »

I'd prefer it if Bella was constantly the narrator, because Jacob tends to get on my nerves. And I would hate it if some inconsequential character begins narrating, like Leah.

But Stephenie has says that all of Bella's story will be told, no matter who narrates, so it's not that big of a deal. And it is sort of fun to get someone else's perspective, besides Bella..so, as long as we don't get cheated out of any part of Bella's story, I'm all for new narrators.
And who can say what dreams are? Wake me in time to be lonely and sad...
x3;;VampireHeart;;x3
Settled in Forks

narriating

Post by x3;;VampireHeart;;x3 »

I think bellas pov is amazing. I think if we had Edwards pov it would make it so much more interesting but Bella's pov makes everything different because shes the human stuck in the immortal world..
x3;;VampireHeart;;x3
Settled in Forks

narriating

Post by x3;;VampireHeart;;x3 »

I think bellas pov is amazing. I think if we had Edwards pov it would make it so much more interesting but Bella's pov makes everything different because shes the human stuck in the immortal world..
Edward'sAngel
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward'sAngel »

I just hope the majority of BD is in Bella's POV. :?
pineappl92
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by pineappl92 »

Edward'sAngel wrote:I just hope the majority of BD is in Bella's POV. :?
I think that they would be both equal, as in not more or less of each persons POV, unless, in like Eldest by Christopher Paolini, they end up meeting at the end and then the POVs won't be seperate.
x3;;VampireHeart;;x3 wrote:I think bellas pov is amazing. I think if we had Edwards pov it would make it so much more interesting but Bella's pov makes everything different because shes the human stuck in the immortal world..
Technically Bella isn't in the immortal world, but more of caught up in between the two worlds, the human and immortal. Although, it does make it so much more interesting to know about these vampires and werewolves and how they are different from other movies and stuff. Although, in BD I think that she may only be in the vampire world, once she possibly becomes a vampire, because of the whole Treaty thing the Cullens had with the La Push tribe. Unless, like I said above, she ends up meeting with the werewolves or they meet up at the end with them. Something like that.

I'm personally excited to read Jacob's and Bella's Pov together. It would be so much more interesting than to just read Bella's POV, although it already is interesting, but I mean like it would be cool to see what either person is feeling and so on, their reactions.
[color=violet][b]Mostly I dream about being with you forever[/b][/color]
[color=orange][size=75]Eternity will never be enough for me
And eternally we'll live our infallible love[/size][/color]
[color=black]♥♥♥TEAM EDWARD♥♥♥[/color]
[b][color=red]Join this [url=http://theforbiddenfruit.theiforum.com/]forum[/url]! [/color][/b]
cuppycake
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by cuppycake »

freakyvirgo913 wrote:Okay, I know this thread is about the change in narrators. But Where does it say that there will be 2 narrators?????? Am I blind? Did Stephenie actually say (or type; whichever) that there will be 2 narrators? I know there's speculation, but has she said somewhere that there will be two narrators? Someone please help me out!

Oh, yeah. My opinion of the subject if there IS two people telling the story. I'm torn to be honest. On one hand, this is Bella's story. It always has been. I know its wierd, but to me it would seem unfair to have anyone else telling her story.
On the other hand, I'm extrememly curious to know what Jacob is doing while he's away. I'm pretty sure that he will come back to La Push eventually, but then again what do I know? So I am completely undecided. If I had to choose though, I would say keep Bella narrator, and if Jacob's story must be told, make it an epilogue or something. Don't confuse the people who are intellectually inept (such as myself :wink: ). But I trust Stephenie with all my heart, and she'll do what's best.
Er at the end of Eclipse it says JACOB at the top of the paragraph.
At first I didn't get that I was like... ok so what about jacob lol .
When other little girls wanted to be
Ballet Dancers
I kind of wanted to be a vampire.
Edward'sAngel
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward'sAngel »

pineappl92 wrote:
Edward'sAngel wrote:Uh, so it's definitely Jacob who's having a POV? :?
Well who else would it be? It wouldn't be Edward because he would probably be wth Bella who will be narrating the story because she is the main character and if it was between them two it wouldn't be very interesting because their stories would be the same. Jacob ran away and so he's not in La Push anymore. Jacob has a bigger role than any other werewolf anyway.
I figured it would be Jacob. I just don't want it to be.
migamoo
Learning to Love Green

Post by migamoo »

freakyvirgo913 wrote:Okay, I know this thread is about the change in narrators. But Where does it say that there will be 2 narrators?????? Am I blind? Did Stephenie actually say (or type; whichever) that there will be 2 narrators? I know there's speculation, but has she said somewhere that there will be two narrators? Someone please help me out!
She's said it quite a few times, and it was also confirmed in the Canadian article a few weeks back. You can probably find it on the front page of the lex.