Funniest Parts in Eclipse

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
mlola619
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mlola619 »

ashley_nicole00 wrote:wow. I loved so much of it.

-Charlie laughing about Bella's hand
-a certain Charlie/Bella sex talk
-angry grizzly bears message for Edward
-Alice being mad about E/B eloping in Vegas
-Bella telling Jake that she thought of his kiss more as an assault
-Jake's 'dirty thoughts' while being a space heater
-Imagining Jessica's face while watching Bella in Port Angeles with the guys
-Alice's Porsche 911 turbo bribe
-Quil imprinting on a 2 year old

Maybe I should stop now... I think that to put all of it that I laughed during, I may have to post the book.
haha yes, yes, those ones made me crack up as well- also Bella's description of punching Jake; i don't have my book with me but something along the lines of "i threw my hand back and thrust it into his face" XD not only that, but the simple fact that Jake didn't feel a thing. I also found it funny how he told her to hit him with a cro-bar next time XD....oh oh and Emmett's "booming laugh" after Bella tells him she punched a werewolf in the face!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and I'm not leaving

emilycullenx
Banging out dents with Tyler

Re: Oh there were.....

Post by emilycullenx »

mlola619 wrote:
emilycullenx wrote:
AliceMarieHale wrote:Oh there were many parts of the book that made me laugh. But the funniest part was when Bella tried to seduce Edward! I remember excatly what I did. I put my book down lightly and put the book mark in it and closed the book. Then I put it only the floor so i wouldn't harm the book. All the while I had a HUGE grinn on my face. Then when it was on the ground I laughed and laughed, my stomac really started to hurt and I laugh every time I re-read that part of the book!
LOL. You're reaction was VERY similar to mine! I had a huge grin on my face, my heart was racing, and I kept putting the book down, and pulling it back up to read and reread, to make sure I was reading what I thought I was. xD
Guh, I love Edward/Bella moments.

Hmmm, I thought it was funny how huffy Bella was about Jake "assaulting" her, and he was all smug about the whole situation, though I was sort of flustered; I was all "WHAT?!"
^I think someone already mentioned this. xD

sadly, the EXACT same thing happened to me! Haha the whole time i was like "wtf!? they're going to!? No, they can't....but how!? Oh my gosh!" hahah i felt like such a fan girl, all the while i was dying of laughter and at one point i had to put my hand over my mouth, close my book & laugh for about 10 minutes XD
LOL. I know! And then Charlie's reaction wasn't helping; he was aggravating. xD
But in the end, now that I look back, it was quite humorous.
"Do I dazzle <i>you</i>?"
"Frequently."

LisaAnn
Settled in Forks

Post by LisaAnn »

Hmm for me, the funniest parts of Eclipse would have to be (not in any particular order):
1)"The talk" between Bella and her dad
2)The mentioning of how Alice took Edward's room because it had the best view.
3)Bella punching Jacob
4) Where Edward says something to the like "'I just dismembered a sentient creature not 10 yards from you, you aren't afraid of me?'" I found that HILARIOUS for some reason, probably just a result of giddyness over the fact that Victoria was finally gone.
5)The Irony of when Bella's dad tells her if she's going to something big, at least warn him in advance
6)"'It's not like I'm going to Vegas to be some show girl, I'm going to see mom, she's just as much of a parental figure as you are.'"
Yup, that pretty much sums it up for what I found funniest even though there is a lot of funny parts in Eclipse
[img]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/orasmus/3589.jpg.jpg[/img]

kenzieebee
Settled in Forks

Post by kenzieebee »

I'm sure someone has already mentioned this but the part I laughed the most at was Alice and Edward playing chess.

*Me reading that part*
Me: Hahahaha that's rad.
Mom: Huh?
Me: Alice and Edward.
Mom: Who?
Me: These vampires in this book were playing chess and Alice could see what Edward was going to do in her mind and Edward could hear her thoughts--
Mom: :?
Me: Nevermind...

Hahaha she thought I was crazy.

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

^LOL. I love that.
Hmmm, I thought it was funny how smug Charlie was when he made Bella tell her mum about her and Edward getting married; he thought she was going to get lectures up the wall, when really, his plan sort of backfired on him. xD
"Frequently."

SageMoon
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SageMoon »

emilycullenx wrote:^LOL. I love that.
Hmmm, I thought it was funny how smug Charlie was when he made Bella tell her mum about her and Edward getting married; he thought she was going to get lectures up the wall, when really, his plan sort of backfired on him. xD
Ah, yes! That really made me made me laugh. Especially afterwards when he's moping around saying he can't rely on anyone anymore ...lol poor Charlie.

Although, technically I guess that is considered
a funny part for BD. Still funny though :lol:
[img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3487/poppiesja3.jpg[/img]
[size=75]Only a Vampire can love you [color=darkred]Forever[/color][/size]

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

^Haha; even Edward got a kick out of that one.
Ohreally? I thought it was from Eclipse... ?
I'm confused. :shock:
"Frequently."

mudkip
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mudkip »

Everything, lol. This was the funniest book out of all three of them, so its difficult to choose!

Edward: Emmett and I were away hunting. Jasper shows up covered in battle scars towing this little freak who greets them all by name, knows everything about them and wants to know which room she can move into. When I got home, all my things were in the garage.
Alice: Your room had the best view!

-The space heater thing

-Jacob licking Bella

-the "I always wanted a dog." comment

-breaking her hand when she tried to punch him

-attempting to rape Edward

-Edward demonstrating the plus side of sleeping on a bed vs the couch.... lol

-Jacob stealing Bella from school on his motorcycle, with the little psychic vampire staring at them both as they drove off. Maybe it wasnt extremely funny, but it was soooo sweet.

Last edited by mudkip on Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7007/janece2.jpg[/img]

[b]Do [i]not[/i] take this picture.[/b]

KT
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by KT »

emilycullenx wrote:^Haha; even Edward got a kick out of that one.
Ohreally? I thought it was from Eclipse... ?
I'm confused. :shock:
It was from the first chapter of Breaking Dawn, which is in the special edition of Eclipse so technically you're both right. kind of... :wink:
"I saw the whole thing- our whole life. And I want it bad, Jake, I want it all."
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/Katie914/JacobBlack.jpg[/img]
"He's like a drug for you, Bella."... "I would have been healthier for you. Not a drug; I would have been the air, the sun."

emilycullenx

Post by emilycullenx »

^OHHH. WOW. KT, thank you.
NOW I remember. :lol:
I've been rereading Twilight, and I find E/B's little snippy conversations quite funny, so I'd have to say the way they talk to each other sometimes [in Eclipse] is quite humorous. To me. (:
"Frequently."