Stop reading the Series???

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Devious Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Devious Cullen »

To stop reading the series for something like that would be disrespectful and contradictory. The reason we are here is we love the books. Love the story, love the way it is written, love the characters... everything! Not just a certain ship. It is Ms. Meyers story to do with as she choses. If the story ends in a way you don't like, or don't expect... it doesn't matter. They are still fantastic books none the less, that doesn't change.
Hayden Cullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by Hayden Cullen »

If the story ends in a way you don't like, or don't expect... it doesn't matter. They are still fantastic books none the less, that doesn't change.
In your opinion. :)
CanadianAlice
Learning to Love Green

Post by CanadianAlice »

I'd be disappointed if Edward and Bella didn't end up together but I'm sure with Stephenie's majorly talented writing I would be convinced that it's for the best!
I want to sparkle like Edward!
tookthe405
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by tookthe405 »

Well first of all I REALLY don't think Stephenie would end it like that haha. I think in an interview she said Jacob's fanbase was like .5% of all her readers so I don't see why she would in her mind write to let down 99.5% of her readers

But regardless if Eclipse ended with Jacob and Bella together or something I would definitely read Breaking Dawn to see if Ed would come back or something. But if the entire series was about Jacob and Bella's relationship I don't think it would have kept my interest. To me, more than Stephenie's actual writing, it's her characters that are really endearing and keep me interested and involved in the book
"Your hair looks like a haystack... but I like it." - Edward Cullen
emilycullenx
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

If Bella and Edward didn't end up together, everything else would almost seem to pointless... in a way...
I mean, her and Edward fought so hard to keep Bella alive, so that they could stay together for all enternity.
And it took many conversations, some compromise, and a lot of Bella's persuading to even get Edward to agree to change her.
So if they didn't end up together... I'd probably go insane. D:
I'd cry my little eyes out, and act as if I was the one who suffered through a breakup.
Even if Bella ended up with Jake, I'd still feel like someone ripped my heart right out of my chest;
don't get me wrong, I love Jacob with all my heart, but I do not believe he is Bella's soul mate; Edward is Bella's soul mate, to me, anyway, and it just wouldn't feel right, at all, if Edward and Bella went their own separate ways.
It'd feel like complete torture to even read after that, but I would still finish the book [not just in hopes that Edward and Bella would end up back together].
My heart feels heavy just thinking about such things!
I really don't think Stephenie would do that...
though, she does let her characters do their own thing;
remember how she, herself, even begged Edward not to leave in New Moon?
And the way Bella thinks worries me sometimes...
but I don't think, for even a second, that she'd ever choose Jake or anyone else, over Edward.
I agree, though, with what someone else said;
regardless of what happens, in this case, Stephenie's writing is phenomenal, and the Twilight series would be great, either way;
some of us would just get heartbroken along the way; I hope that part makes sense...

edit: my post is directed towards Breaking Dawn, incase anyone gets confused.
"Do I dazzle <i>you</i>?"
"Frequently."
Cinnamon
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Cinnamon »

CanadianAlice wrote:I'd be disappointed if Edward and Bella didn't end up together but I'm sure with Stephenie's majorly talented writing I would be convinced that it's for the best!
I wouldn't care if it's "for the best". There is no reason for the Twilight series if the topic would be "what's best for Bella".
Edward and Bella belong together.
[img]http://www.xeternity.com/head.jpg[/img]

[b][size=92]
Edward's marble vampire chest shouldn't look like that of a half-transformed werewolf.
Rob, wax is good for you!

Join the "wax" club![/size][/b]
emilycullenx
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by emilycullenx »

Actually... I believe Edward is what's best for Bella.
But I don't see him leaving, and I don't see Bella choosing someone else; and if Jake really does love her, he'll let what's best for her happen.
"Do I dazzle <i>you</i>?"
"Frequently."
true_twilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by true_twilighter »

I honestly dont think i would be able to stop myself from reading the books, knowing there was something Twilight related out there, especially a new book, wether it was Bella/Edward or Bella/Jake i would have to read it. i love the series to much to not read them, im hooked!
and all the people who wouldnt read them, i admire your will power
The Twilight Saga-
for all people who just need that extra reminder how much they really do care.

[img]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4954/i297881325385685rx7.gif[/img]

Everything else i could endure, so long as he existed.
MoonStarWithWings
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by MoonStarWithWings »

I would read them, hoping they would get back together.

(That's what got me through NM)
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/MoonStarWithWings/MonVie.png[/img]
[color=cyan]SC Squared <3[/color]

[color=yellow]Team Edward[/color][color=orange]my brand of heroin.[/color]
[color=orange]Team Ian[/color][color=yellow]eight lives, eight planets and [i]then [/i]she found him.[/color]
CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

^ Yeah me too.

It wouldn't really bother me because my hope that they would get back together would pull me through :D
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>