Quote foreshadowing.

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
Firewind
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Firewind »

I'm actually worried about this quote by Edward: "Bella, you'll be the death of me."

I hope Stephenie Meyer doesn't mean that literally :shock:
TwilightDamsel
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: With Emmett, watching RIDE 'EM COWBOY featuring Alie. Haha. :DD

Post by TwilightDamsel »

i never thought about it like that.!!!! :shock:

i hope not either.

good catch.
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/Chandler_Mackenzie/Rosalie.gif[/img]

Thanks Rachel08 for the awesome Avie and banner. :]
Ms. Minnie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ms. Minnie »

The quote will be Robert Frost? Yay! :) I hope she chooses "Fire and Ice":
Some say the world will end in fire '"
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice...
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction, ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

The "fire" and "ice" remind me of Werewolves and Vampires.
[img]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9355/glitter39bc2dc3b6499715ku2.gif[/img]
Thanks to Lomesir22 for the banner^
irunwithvampires
Completely Dazzled!

Post by irunwithvampires »

Firewind wrote:I'm actually worried about this quote by Edward: "Bella, you'll be the death of me."

I hope Stephenie Meyer doesn't mean that literally :shock:

Omg with Stephenie, we have to read every quote through thoroughly. Yeah, I really hope she didn't mean it literally. Only now I'm beginning to wonder...
[img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/swim_fishie/Besafe-5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/swim_fishie/Besafe-4.jpg[/img]

Thanks to [b] kimberlyinedwardland [/b] for my avatar!
Thanks to [b]LoyalTango[/b] for my banners!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~irunwithvampires3
Evangaline27
Settled in Forks

Post by Evangaline27 »

I just am always afraid that Bella and Edward will die like Romeo and Juliet did, because Stephenie is always making references to Romeo and Juliet. It is like shes foreshadowing by using Romeo and Juliet stuff in her books.
Is the Eclipse quote supposed to be Robert Frost??? I'm confused.[/b]
Concertmistress
Settled in Forks

Post by Concertmistress »

I would love for this to be the Robert Frost quote:

Two such as you with such a master speed cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed that life is only life forevermore together wing to wing and oar to oar.

Stephanie (not Meyer :wink: )
Tracy89
Wandering Through Town

Post by Tracy89 »

brunetterebel010 wrote:"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest therof
thou shalt surely die."
Genesis 2:17

ah.. quotes I love them. so here is my opinion on what this quote has to do with the series. "knowledge of good and evil" is like bella knowing about the existence of vampires and werewoves "the day that thou eatest thereof" is like once you know about it "thou shalt surely die" well vampires are technically dead right??? no pulse no need to breathe, no temperature(except cold), basically dead or if you want to go deeper in the bible by "thou shalt surely die" it meant die spiritually, you will be seperated from God forever. are not vampires believe to be sent to hell no matter what? or if your edward "thou shalt surely die" could be.. a death of the soul???
Precisely, that's what my beginning theory was trying to get at lol. I think in Edwards case it may stand for a death of the soul rather than an actual death. ( In his mind he's actually gone through both of those.) The quote could also pertain to Bella though too...she could very well be the one giving into temptation by giving in to being with Edward. I think it just means once she gives in to temptation she will never return to the life that she once knew.

Concertmistress- That would be a great quote to have...although I think it will be a much darker one then that.

I'm still going with this being the quote for Eclipse:
" . . . treachery and violence are spears pointed at both ends; they wound those who resort to them worse than their enemies."

I'm curious now though, are any of you going to skip the quote and come back to it when you finish the story? Or read it right away. I know they don't give much away...but if you have an overactive imagination...they can make you come up with a ton of theories before even turning to the next page!
" . . . treachery and violence are spears pointed at both ends; they wound those who resort to them worse than their enemies."
applestulips&ribbons
Settled in Forks

Post by applestulips&ribbons »

I'll read the quote in eclipse, but i won't spend to much time speculating, i'll be to eager to read the book. I'm kind of confused though, some people are talking like the quotes from previous books are forshadowing events in eclipse and future books, i always assumed they were foreshadowing only for the book the quote was written in. Like in twilight it meant bella ate the forbidden fruit (edward) and now her life will never be the same as said already. In new moon i was thinking that edwards idiotic idea of leaving was the violent delight, not that he enjoyed it or anything but it was his decision, and it ended violently, and it kind of consumed some of bella and edward. I mean he almost killed himself, and she went somewhat crazy. hmmm...
Life is so much more interesting with addictions like this.
xxDarkstarAngelxx
Wandering Through Town

Post by xxDarkstarAngelxx »

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume."
Romeo and Juliet, ACT II, Scene VI

These violent delights have violent ends.

the violent delight is bella's love for edward, and vise versa.

violent end... well, that one is obvious.

and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

they loved eachother more than anything else, but they were 2 people of complete opposites; vampire and human, fire and powder. which as they kiss, consume- fire and powder combined create an explosion. human and vampire together in love ends badly. that was basically the warning.

i was actually just thinking about this earlier today.
Water's rising up,
Sun is sinking down,
And now
All I can see
Are the planets in a row, suggesting its best that I
<u>Slow Down</u>.
This night's a<i> perfect </i>shade of
Dark Blue.
applestulips&ribbons
Settled in Forks

Post by applestulips&ribbons »

Well, that makes much more sense than what i said, thanks. But i'm still confused, the book didn't end their love badly, and i refuse to think it will in future books. Maybe i'm thinking into it to much, maybe its just the potential to end badly. Or maybe it wasn't meant to be taken so literally, like the viloent ends was only a bad event like edward leaving...or maybe i'm just being hopeful. I really don't think that stephenie would end bella and edwards relationship like in romeo and juliet or wuthering heights.I just can't see it.
Life is so much more interesting with addictions like this.