Bella and Marriage

General discussion about the Twilight Series Universe.
cullengirl
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:47 pm
Location: Hanging out with Butch and V at the Pit
Contact:

Post by cullengirl »

I was very confused with Bella's reasoning why she didn't want to marry Edward. I could understand that it was her paren't divorce that changed her mind, but she didn't make it sound this way. I was even more confused at the end of Eclipse when she finally decided to marry him. I wondered if she is just marrying him to make him happy. I really don't think she's happy at all about it.

I think they should get married. It's a good way for her to have a "clean" break from her parents and her friends when she is to turn into a vampire. I'm so glad Edward is the traditional guy and wants to keep her virtue. *sigh*
Rayne Hale
Settled in Forks
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:24 pm
Location: Esco.

Post by Rayne Hale »

I didn't hate how Bella was so opposed to the idea, I probably would've done the same, but if it made Him happy what does it matter to go through an embarrassing ceremony?

The only thing I was really upset with was that Stephenie didn't let us see how Charlie reacted!!!! It wasn't fair!! I was looking forward to it!!!! lol
"No one told me how bad I need you, [size=67] (I need you) [/size], but I somehow arrived at that conclusion all by myself."
JulietMontague
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by JulietMontague »

irunwithvampires wrote:I understand why Bella doesn't want to marry Edward, she just wants to be responsible, and mature...she saw what happened with her mother and her father, although she knows that will never happen with Edward...nobody else knows that. Although they have seen how they are together, and everyone knows they have a serious relationship. I think Bella should just go ahead and marry Edward too, and I'm really excited that they are, but you have to respect Bella for her reasons. She's worried about what people would say, which isn't a very good reason, but she's also trying to be responsible and mature.
Yeah, that's exactly how I think Bella sees it
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/a_world_traveler/Twilight/banner3-vampirecropped1.jpg[/img]

SPRING AWAKENING:
Broadway's New Ground-Breaking Musical! "Hauntingly romantic"
alice_fan2
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Posts: 524
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:39 pm
Location: Living, Laughing, Loving

Post by alice_fan2 »

I was very happy when Bella finally accepted the idea of marriage. She was doing it for Edward at first, but not she is doing it for herself too. I wanted to see Charlie's reaction!! I was bummed about that, but I am sure we will get to know how he feels in the next book :) I can't wait!!
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours.~Edward Cullen
J&E_Twilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Right Behind you!!! *_*
Contact:

Post by J&E_Twilight »

HaHa... I imagine that scene from the movie based off the book Lemony Snicket's a series of Unfortunate Events when Emily Browning is forced to marry Jim Carry.

Hopefully I won't think of that awful wedding dress when I'm reading about it in breaking dawn -shivers-.

I'm sure it'll be wonderful b/c our favorite little vampire/pixie/fashionista is planning it!
<center>[color=cyan][b]Proud RDP Member!!![/b][/color]
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Kikyou0Rox/Jummy%20Jacob/Jacob---Bella--Banners-jacob-bla-2.jpg[/img]
ashFLASH
Officially Bitten!
Posts: 1539
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Location: Sharing my iPod headphones with Edward.
Contact:

Post by ashFLASH »

J&E_Twilight wrote:HaHa... I imagine that scene from the movie based off the book Lemony Snicket's a series of Unfortunate Events when Emily Browning is forced to marry Jim Carry.

Hopefully I won't think of that awful wedding dress when I'm reading about it in breaking dawn -shivers-.

I'm sure it'll be wonderful because our favorite little vampire/pixie/fashionista is planning it!
Ughhh Violet's wedding dress..... :cry: that was so ugly lol.

I'm excited for Charlie's reaction. And Renee's.

I'm glad Bella and Edward are getting married. Obviously they Love Each Other For Eternity, so why not make it official. Who could resist Edward? Bella will probably be really grumpy during the whole event, like she was at prom. And of course Alice and Esme will go overboard, Jessica will gossip (married, at 18! can you believe it?), and Mike will sulk.
<center><a href="http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ashleylaramie/?action=view&current=ezra1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u240/ashleylaramie/ezra1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
[size=75]Christian rock- now [i]there's[/i] an oxymoron.
-Lorelei Gilmore[/size]
[url=http://pearlspiratesandpolo.blogspot.com]P³[/url]
EdwardsMinion
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Trying to find the vampire coven in Houston
Contact:

Post by EdwardsMinion »

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned/asked before, but does anyone think we'll be able to read Charlie's reaction to Bella and Edward telling him about The Engagment in outtakes or extras?
sporty502
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:22 am

Post by sporty502 »

EdwardsMinion wrote:I'm sorry if this has been mentioned/asked before, but does anyone think we'll be able to read Charlie's reaction to Bella and Edward telling him about The Engagment in outtakes or extras?
Probably not unless it was in an original Epilouge or something.......... *grins at the thought!*
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9769/glitter87db2bb80f364e47jp1.gif[/img][/url]
LisaCullenAZ
Fishing with Charlie
Posts: 863
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: AZ (duh)

Post by LisaCullenAZ »

What I like about Bella giving to Edward on this is because it "levels the playing field" in my mind. Just a little bit. Let me explain:

She won't let Edward get her gifts because she feels like he already does so much for her. She feels she can't compete, that she has nothing to offer him. This marriage is something only she can give him, and it's the thing he wants most. By her sacrificing her pride and her opinions (which is hard to do, especially when it's been in your head since childhood!) she is showing so much love to him. I think it's a beautiful thing. And I think she knows she's not giving something without getting in return. She knows she'll be happy once it's done. Edward is the one she wants, after all.
irunwithvampires
Completely Dazzled!
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:29 pm

Post by irunwithvampires »

LisaCullenAZ wrote:What I like about Bella giving to Edward on this is because it "levels the playing field" in my mind. Just a little bit. Let me explain:

She won't let Edward get her gifts because she feels like he already does so much for her. She feels she can't compete, that she has nothing to offer him. This marriage is something only she can give him, and it's the thing he wants most. By her sacrificing her pride and her opinions (which is hard to do, especially when it's been in your head since childhood!) she is showing so much love to him. I think it's a beautiful thing. And I think she knows she's not giving something without getting in return. She knows she'll be happy once it's done. Edward is the one she wants, after all.
Very true, I've never thought of it like that before.
[img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/swim_fishie/Besafe-5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q213/swim_fishie/Besafe-4.jpg[/img]

Thanks to [b] kimberlyinedwardland [/b] for my avatar!
Thanks to [b]LoyalTango[/b] for my banners!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~irunwithvampires3
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests