Breaking Dawn Quote of the Day

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
Mirrorbay2000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Mirrorbay2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 pm

twigeek wrote:do you have a link?
Yeah, here it is. Its called the Lion and the Lamb and its by Alphie. She's on permeanant hiatus, but what she has is still amazing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2800923/1/T ... d_the_Lamb

In exchange, will you explain the "A single letter, why would anyone.." thing? I don't get that at all, and I see it everywhere.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/n2cuq9.jpg[/img]

thelaylz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by thelaylz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Mirrorbay2000 wrote:
I've only read one good Edward POV fanfic and Alphie wrote it. Even SM said herself that Alphie's version was much lighter than her own. I almost want to watch the silly, superficial fangirls when they read Midnight Sun and realize that Edward isn't as perfect as they thought he was. And most of all, Bella doesn't realize how much Edward loathed himself either. Bella's picture of Edward being perfect is where everything came from. Bella needs a reality check... Edward isn't perfect (but we still love him. =)
yeah that's the one I read, the only one I think is good. That's all true, he isn't perfect, I knew it the first time I read the books. You can just tell with the way he talks and the way he is with Bella and everyone else for that matter. That is why I can never be mad at him for New Moon, the way he regards himself and just treats Bella and just I don't know. I hope those superficial fangirls know what they are getting into when they read Midnight Sun..... it will be such a surprise for them.

I know I won't dislike him after MS, but if those people say they don't like him because he isn't as perfect as they thought he was, I may just have to take a deep breathe and walk out of the room

Mirrorbay2000

Post by Mirrorbay2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:08 pm

thelaylz wrote:
Mirrorbay2000 wrote:
I've only read one good Edward POV fanfic and Alphie wrote it. Even SM said herself that Alphie's version was much lighter than her own. I almost want to watch the silly, superficial fangirls when they read Midnight Sun and realize that Edward isn't as perfect as they thought he was. And most of all, Bella doesn't realize how much Edward loathed himself either. Bella's picture of Edward being perfect is where everything came from. Bella needs a reality check... Edward isn't perfect (but we still love him. =)
yeah that's the one I read, the only one I think is good. That's all true, he isn't perfect, I knew it the first time I read the books. You can just tell with the way he talks and the way he is with Bella and everyone else for that matter. That is why I can never be mad at him for New Moon, the way he regards himself and just treats Bella and just I don't know. I hope those superficial fangirls know what they are getting into when they read Midnight Sun..... it will be such a surprise for them.

I know I won't dislike him after MS, but if those people say they don't like him because he isn't as perfect as they thought he was, I may just have to take a deep breathe and walk out of the room
Ah! I just gasped. I didn't even think about the fangirls that are going to switch over to Team Jacob after this. What's sad is that there will be people who hate Edward after this...

I don't think I could ever dislike Edward, but I wish I could understand him a little better. I didn't even hate Edward in New Moon because I understood why he left.

thelaylz

Post by thelaylz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm

ugh now I feel like those crazy team edward fans, no offense, switzerland :D I just don't like when people mess with characters that don't deserve it..... anyways

I tripped over a book shelf thing today at barnes and noble by the twilight secton :D I was like um....weird, haha.

twigeek
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twigeek » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Mirrorbay2000 wrote:
twigeek wrote:do you have a link?
Yeah, here it is. Its called the Lion and the Lamb and its by Alphie. She's on permeanant hiatus, but what she has is still amazing.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2800923/1/T ... d_the_Lamb

In exchange, will you explain the "A single letter, why would anyone.." thing? I don't get that at all, and I see it everywhere.
the single letter thing is what happens when you use the texting abbreviation for the word "you". by the way, thanks for the link :)
Twlight: it's more than a book; it's an obsession.

thelaylz

Post by thelaylz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Mirrorbay2000 wrote:
thelaylz wrote:
Mirrorbay2000 wrote:

Ah! I just gasped. I didn't even think about the fangirls that are going to switch over to Team Jacob after this. What's sad is that there will be people who hate Edward after this...

I don't think I could ever dislike Edward, but I wish I could understand him a little better. I didn't even hate Edward in New Moon because I understood why he left.
there needs to be a "prepare for how edward will really be" club for those girls. I am just going to be so upset that they would just drop him like that, IF they do. It wouldn't make any sense, he has been nothing but nice caring and loyal to Bella.

this is all speculation because we have no idea what people think..haha

Mirrorbay2000

Post by Mirrorbay2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:12 pm

twigeek wrote: the single letter thing is what happens when you use the texting abbreviation for the word "you". by the way, thanks for the link :)
Haha... that makes sense. Sorry, I never understood that before.

twigeek
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twigeek » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Mirrorbay2000 wrote:
twigeek wrote: the single letter thing is what happens when you use the texting abbreviation for the word "you". by the way, thanks for the link :)
Haha... that makes sense. Sorry, I never understood that before.
Don't worry.it took me a while to find out and personal experiance to confirm it. :D
Twlight: it's more than a book; it's an obsession.

thelaylz

Post by thelaylz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:14 pm

this is almost over :( I suppose I should get out my

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT QUOTE" over with until that time...

Mirrorbay2000

Post by Mirrorbay2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm

thelaylz wrote: there needs to be a "prepare for how edward will really be" club for those girls. I am just going to be so upset that they would just drop him like that, IF they do. It wouldn't make any sense, he has been nothing but nice caring and loyal to Bella.

this is all speculation because we have no idea what people think..haha
I hate to say this, but those are going to be the girls who only read Twilight because it was popular. THose are the girls that have nothing better to respond with when people ask "Why are you on Team Edward?" "Because he's hott." And my answer was with proper grammar. Most girls don't even give it had much courtesy. It'll be the tweleve year olds...

I can just imagine it now, kind of like the Red Sea parting, a flourish of 12-year-old fangirls jumping ship onto Team Jacob. And they will. I mean, the only reason they like Edward in the first place is because he's hott.

If Edward wasn't so conclicted... so flawed, I don't think I'd like him as much.