Foreshadowing

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
TwilightObsessions
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightObsessions »

Cullen_family wrote:
I don't see how her being a blood thirsty vampire is a happy ending?
That makes sense... do you think she'll be a wolf?
~And so the lion fell in love with the lamb... What a stupid lamb... What a sick, masochistic lion...~A sadistic vampire intent on torturing her to death? No problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand...

Cullen_family
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen_family »

TwilightObsessions wrote:
Cullen_family wrote:
I don't see how her being a blood thirsty vampire is a happy ending?
That makes sense... do you think she'll be a wolf?
No, she'd have to be part of the Quileute tribe or decended from it.

I don't know what I think she'll be. I just think that I can't picture her wanting to kill people and Edward and the Cullens having to deal with that, a happy ending eternal love or not.

TwilightObsessions
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightObsessions »

You know, Bella could have Quileute blood in her... from Charlie's sidew of course... it wouldn't be too much, but maybe since she's so passionate about things ans Jake says, "Getting upset about something triggers it" Bella COULD become one... or Jake could imprint on her... when she becomes a vampire... i dunno. :roll:
~And so the lion fell in love with the lamb... What a stupid lamb... What a sick, masochistic lion...~A sadistic vampire intent on torturing her to death? No problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand...

littlenemo_48
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenemo_48 »

Cullen_family wrote: You aren't alone. side steps thrown tomatoes I think reading fanfiction has opened my eyes to Bella vampire more than anything. I don't see how her being a blood thirsty vampire is a happy ending? I've gone over this time and time again and I, like you, have a hard time grasping how her becoming a vampire is the best thing for her. If she's grown up at all, if she's learned from any of her experiences, she should know that nothing is certain. Even living as an immortal doesn't fully protect her against herself and others around her. It just gives her Edward for eternity. BUT that's eternity on Earth. I don't understand why she can't have him when she dies if she believes there is an after life? She believes this because she tries to convince him of it. Who cares about her growing old? It's hard to put a grasp on the fact that she doesn't care much about make-up and making herself pretty but yet she cares what others would say of her as an old woman with Edward still looking young.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say other than I go both ways. IF she could become some kind of vampire that won't want to off every human being within a 30 mile radius, I could be happy with that. If she's just a normal vampire, that ending is pretty sad if you ask me. Who would inflict something like that on themselves on purpose?
I've been thinking about it and I think that if she does become a vampire, her dislike of human blood right now will come into play. If the special powers come from traits they have as humans, maybe she'll be able to refrain from drinking human blood. I have been worried about if Edward would love her less if she became a vampire, but at this point I think he's too deep in to love her less for any reason. I definately don't want her to be a blood thirsty bad vampire, but if she can be a good civilized vampire that would be okay. I just basically want her to end up with Edward whatever else happens.

Faithe
Settled in Forks

Post by Faithe »

I can see Jake crashing the wedding, but I don't think he will. If the thought crossed his mind, I can picture him going both ways.
I don't remember who said this (it was several pages ago) but I love the idea of the Alice in Wonderland reference: the red pawn being Bella's old life and her finally moving up to the queen, as a vampire.

Okay. I'm going way out on a limb here, but about the preface: I'm almost positive that it's from Bella's POV. Who else gets into life-threatening situtions so often? Plus, the preface is usually from the "middle of the end" of the book...not quite the end, but the middle of it, if that makes sense. And BD is still from Bella's POV. And I don't see it being logical for SM to change POV's halfway through the book, even just for a chapter or so. No, it's got to be from Bella's POV. So that being said, I don't think it's Edward changing her, because I don't think that works with her thinking "if your life was all you had to give, wouldn't you give it?" or something like that. But I just had a random thought: what if it is Edward starting to change her, but he's still drinking her blood? If he lost his self-control? I mean, he keeps saying that he doesn't have perfect self-control, but so far, he HAS. He hasn't really slipped up. What if he finally does?

Does anyone else see this as a possibility?

Cullen_family
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen_family »

littlenemo_48 wrote:
Cullen_family wrote: You aren't alone. side steps thrown tomatoes I think reading fanfiction has opened my eyes to Bella vampire more than anything. I don't see how her being a blood thirsty vampire is a happy ending? I've gone over this time and time again and I, like you, have a hard time grasping how her becoming a vampire is the best thing for her. If she's grown up at all, if she's learned from any of her experiences, she should know that nothing is certain. Even living as an immortal doesn't fully protect her against herself and others around her. It just gives her Edward for eternity. BUT that's eternity on Earth. I don't understand why she can't have him when she dies if she believes there is an after life? She believes this because she tries to convince him of it. Who cares about her growing old? It's hard to put a grasp on the fact that she doesn't care much about make-up and making herself pretty but yet she cares what others would say of her as an old woman with Edward still looking young.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say other than I go both ways. IF she could become some kind of vampire that won't want to off every human being within a 30 mile radius, I could be happy with that. If she's just a normal vampire, that ending is pretty sad if you ask me. Who would inflict something like that on themselves on purpose?
I've been thinking about it and I think that if she does become a vampire, her dislike of human blood right now will come into play. If the special powers come from traits they have as humans, maybe she'll be able to refrain from drinking human blood. I have been worried about if Edward would love her less if she became a vampire, but at this point I think he's too deep in to love her less for any reason. I definately don't want her to be a blood thirsty bad vampire, but if she can be a good civilized vampire that would be okay. I just basically want her to end up with Edward whatever else happens.
Even if she was a "good vampire" she's still going to be blood thirsty. I read SM talking about vampires and how the thirst is for them. She said it's like being in the desert dying of thirst and then seeing a bucket of water (human). I don't think she fully realizes what she's asking for and Edward does that's why he's so hesitant. He doesn't want someone he loves going through that. She herself said "Why do you do it?" I said. "I still don't understand how you can work so hard to resist what you....are."

See even Bella realizes that what they do every day of their lives is a struggle and it is essentially who they are that makes them thirst for human blood. I just hate that she'd go through that for eternity.

littlenemo_48
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenemo_48 »

Faithe wrote:I can see Jake crashing the wedding, but I don't think he will. If the thought crossed his mind, I can picture him going both ways.
I don't remember who said this (it was several pages ago) but I love the idea of the Alice in Wonderland reference: the red pawn being Bella's old life and her finally moving up to the queen, as a vampire.

Okay. I'm going way out on a limb here, but about the preface: I'm almost positive that it's from Bella's POV. Who else gets into life-threatening situtions so often? Plus, the preface is usually from the "middle of the end" of the book...not quite the end, but the middle of it, if that makes sense. And BD is still from Bella's POV. And I don't see it being logical for SM to change POV's halfway through the book, even just for a chapter or so. No, it's got to be from Bella's POV. So that being said, I don't think it's Edward changing her, because I don't think that works with her thinking "if your life was all you had to give, wouldn't you give it?" or something like that. But I just had a random thought: what if it is Edward starting to change her, but he's still drinking her blood? [A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]If he lost his self-control?[/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????] I mean, he keeps saying that he doesn't have perfect self-control, but so far, he HAS. He hasn't really slipped up. What if he finally does?

I could see that. That would be the most challenging thing to happen as far as his self control was concerned. I think he may start it, but Carlisle might have to pull him off. I have thought about that a bit. He'll probably need help with it.

littlenemo_48
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenemo_48 »

Cullen_family wrote: Even if she was a "good vampire" she's still going to be blood thirsty. I read SM talking about vampires and how the thirst is for them. She said it's like being in the desert dying of thirst and then seeing a bucket of water (human). I don't think she fully realizes what she's asking for and Edward does that's why he's so hesitant. He doesn't want someone he loves going through that. She herself said "Why do you do it?" I said. "I still don't understand how you can work so hard to resist what you....are."

See even Bella realizes that what they do every day of their lives is a struggle and it is essentially who they are that makes them thirst for human blood. I just hate that she'd go through that for eternity.
Yeah. It wouldn't be fun to go through or fun to watch someone you love go through it. As far as her being changed, I don't really know how I feel. I just want her to be with Edward. I don't Edward or her to suffer for it though.

Kyo-Chan
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kyo-Chan »

littlenemo_48 wrote:
Faithe wrote:I can see Jake crashing the wedding, but I don't think he will. If the thought crossed his mind, I can picture him going both ways.

Okay. I'm going way out on a limb here, but about the preface: I'm almost positive that it's from Bella's POV. Who else gets into life-threatening situtions so often? Plus, the preface is usually from the "middle of the end" of the book...not quite the end, but the middle of it, if that makes sense. And BD is still from Bella's POV. And I don't see it being logical for SM to change POV's halfway through the book, even just for a chapter or so. No, it's got to be from Bella's POV. So that being said, I don't think it's Edward changing her, because I don't think that works with her thinking "if your life was all you had to give, wouldn't you give it?" or something like that. But I just had a random thought: what if it is Edward starting to change her, but he's still drinking her blood? [A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]If he lost his self-control?[/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????] I mean, he keeps saying that he doesn't have perfect self-control, but so far, he HAS. He hasn't really slipped up. What if he finally does?

I could see that. That would be the most challenging thing to happen as far as his self control was concerned. I think he may start it, but Carlisle might have to pull him off. I have thought about that a bit. He'll probably need help with it.

I know. I mean, Jacob's still a young werewolf. He could easily slip up and do something he wouldn't normally do. Would he try to hurt Bella in the preface? I mean, we know Sam didn't WANT to hurt Emily, but he snapped. And Jacob is very near snapping right now.
So little posts! However, I've been here on the forums every day for about 2 years... reading. *SIGHS* If only my rating would reflect how many times I'm on this site a day---even if I don't always log in.

littlenemo_48
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenemo_48 »

Kyo-Chan wrote:
littlenemo_48 wrote:

I know. I mean, Jacob's still a young werewolf. He could easily slip up and do something he wouldn't normally do. Would he try to hurt Bella in the preface? I mean, we know Sam didn't WANT to hurt Emily, but he snapped. And Jacob is very near snapping right now.
That might be a possibility. Jacob might attack Bella then Edward would have to try to protect her from him. I expect there will be a confrontation between Jacob and Edward.