The books that inspired Breaking Dawn

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by debussygirl »

On the Breaking Dawn theories the final countdown, first page, my_personal_miracle brought up Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson as a possibilty. I'm only vaguely familiar with that story, but what she wrote did seem to make a lot of sense!
Today while reading NM I came across a passage that said Bella was reading Animal Farm in English. One more book we know for sure she has read! Hmmm...could BD relate to communism? Nah!

JulesCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Running around with Jake [in Canada]

Post by JulesCullen »

debussygirl wrote: Today while reading NM I came across a passage that said Bella was reading Animal Farm in English. One more book we know for sure she has read! Hmmm...could BD relate to communism? Nah!
HA! I don't think SM would go all political on us! At least, I hope not!

I love the idea of Beauty and the Beast and re-awakening the sense of love in someone so far gone.
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/Animefreak222/Banners%20and%20such/gorgonga.jpg[/img]
Yes! I was accepted as an author on Pel's site Ramblingsandthoughts!!!

Sheluvstennis
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 4:03 pm
Location: Farmington Utah

Post by Sheluvstennis »

debussygirl wrote:On the Breaking Dawn theories the final countdown, first page, my_personal_miracle brought up Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson as a possibilty. I'm only vaguely familiar with that story, but what she wrote did seem to make a lot of sense!
Today while reading NM I came across a passage that said Bella was reading Animal Farm in English. One more book we know for sure she has read! Hmmm...could BD relate to communism?
Nah!
Okay I have not read that since 9th grade honors english.. That would be the oddest book in the world to tie into a Vampire love saga... that is just too funny... I mean if you look at the way that there are people that are not getting along and trying to put their differences aside but I think that Animal Farm would be pushing it..
" Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."
& " I am a VIRGO" I love this because I am a VIRGO too!! so I know where her stubbornness comes from...
<a href="http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/ceres02/?action=view&current=sig3.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk287/ceres02/sig3.jpg" border="0" alt="twilight"></a>

debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by debussygirl »

Hehe, it seems I may be putting my foot in my mouth again!! When people mentioned Anne of Green Gables, I never really thought beyond Anne of the Island, once she ends up with Gilbert. But as I thought about beyond that, I remembered a scenario at the end of Anne of Ingleside, I believe the 6th in the series.
Gilbert was aloof lately, and Anne was worried (they are married now, with 6 kids). They went on a train to a dinner party. He didn't talk to her, and then there at the party was the widowed Christine Stewart (who Gilbert had been close to at college). She flirted with him all night, and Anne began to think that Gilbert liked her too. She was depressed and thought that maybe Gilbert didn't love her anymore, their spark had gone, and that he preferred Christine. Then at home, he comes back excited, because he gave medical advice he was worried about, but the patient was fine. This was all that worried him, why he hadn't paid attention to Anne. They talked about it, and Gilbert never even thought about Christine like that, he still loved Anne, sweet bliss, yadayada.
If BD ties into Anne at all, I think it would be this scenario. Maybe something happens if the Denali clan comes down and Bella gets worried that Edward holds interest in Tanya (we all know how she can overract :roll:). But of course it'll just be like Anne and Gilbert, there's no way Edward could love Tanya, when he obviously loves Bella!

JulesCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: Running around with Jake [in Canada]

Post by JulesCullen »

debussygirl wrote:Hehe, it seems I may be putting my foot in my mouth again!! When people mentioned Anne of Green Gables, I never really thought beyond Anne of the Island, once she ends up with Gilbert. But as I thought about beyond that, I remembered a scenario at the end of Anne of Ingleside, I believe the 6th in the series.
Gilbert was aloof lately, and Anne was worried (they are married now, with 6 kids). They went on a train to a dinner party. He didn't talk to her, and then there at the party was the widowed Christine Stewart (who Gilbert had been close to at college). She flirted with him all night, and Anne began to think that Gilbert liked her too. She was depressed and thought that maybe Gilbert didn't love her anymore, their spark had gone, and that he preferred Christine. Then at home, he comes back excited, because he gave medical advice he was worried about, but the patient was fine. This was all that worried him, why he hadn't paid attention to Anne. They talked about it, and Gilbert never even thought about Christine like that, he still loved Anne, sweet bliss, yadayada.
If BD ties into Anne at all, I think it would be this scenario. Maybe something happens if the Denali clan comes down and Bella gets worried that Edward holds interest in Tanya (we all know how she can overract :roll:). But of course it'll just be like Anne and Gilbert, there's no way Edward could love Tanya, when he obviously loves Bella!
Oh yeah! I completely forgot about Anne of Ingleside. That would be really interesting. Tanya would definitely be all over Edward, and Bella is so self-conscious (and telling her that he prefers brunettes was still not the best answer- he should have said that he prefered HER). Actually seeing Tanya would bring back all of her fears.
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/Animefreak222/Banners%20and%20such/gorgonga.jpg[/img]
Yes! I was accepted as an author on Pel's site Ramblingsandthoughts!!!

WrenCullen
Settled in Forks
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am
Contact:

Post by WrenCullen »

1984, Big Brother=Volturi. hahaha totally kidding. In all seriousness, I keep thinking for something else and wind up with nothing, everyones ideas sound pretty good though. At first, I totally agreed with Tuck Everlasting, but, Stephenie said it was a classic, which it isn't considered.
I'll continue brainstorming, but something tells me it will be more about power than love considering AMSND is already being used. Perhaps it has something to do with the cover, like Bella as the pawn going up against the queen, the Volturi? Finally saving Edward rather then vice versa like she always wanted to? I can't think of a book that does that though...
:cry:
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Twilight/Banners/Screwbeingaprincessiwanttobeavampir.jpg[/img]

*Forever waiting for Edward to come in my window*

SnowWhite22
Settled in Forks
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:52 am
Location: Los Angeles

Post by SnowWhite22 »

I'm really curious about what the other book could be. Midsummer is a comedy, so we know the other book will be a drama or tragedy. While Alice and Peter Pan are two of my all-time favorites, I agree that they are unlikely candidates. Maybe simply because their main characters are children, but it just feels like their themes would work.

Someone (sorry I didn't note who) did say a few pages back that it would only be loosely based on the themes from a book. Eclipse wasn't a copy of Wuthering Heights. There are just a few places where you can identify some of the characters with what Bella and Edward were going through. Maybe just a quote or two. Until we know what the plot of Breaking Dawn is going to be, it's really hard to say what the book will be.

(Although, even as I'm thinking about this, I'm remembering the interview with SM where she couldn't say the title of the other book because it would give something away. Hhmmmm.)

debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by debussygirl »

WrenCullen wrote:
I'll continue brainstorming, but something tells me it will be more about power than love considering AMSND is already being used. Perhaps it has something to do with the cover, like Bella as the pawn going up against the queen, the Volturi? Finally saving Edward rather then vice versa like she always wanted to? I can't think of a book that does that though...
:cry:
I would love for Bella to save Edward! A lot of people I know get frustrated since Bella never does anything but attract the danger. Although honestly, what could even the toughest gladiator do against the weakest vampire? Come on! But it's true, the guy always does seem to have to be the one to save the girl (but maybe SM will switch the roles. That would be interesting!).

mlola619
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:44 pm
Location: Miami, FL
Contact:

Post by mlola619 »

debussygirl wrote:
WrenCullen wrote:
I'll continue brainstorming, but something tells me it will be more about power than love considering AMSND is already being used. Perhaps it has something to do with the cover, like Bella as the pawn going up against the queen, the Volturi? Finally saving Edward rather then vice versa like she always wanted to? I can't think of a book that does that though...
:cry:
I would love for Bella to save Edward! A lot of people I know get frustrated since Bella never does anything but attract the danger. Although honestly, what could even the toughest gladiator do against the weakest vampire? Come on! But it's true, the guy always does seem to have to be the one to save the girl (but maybe SM will switch the roles. That would be interesting!).
C'mon guys, Bella redeemed herself in NM by saving Edward! She's saved him at least give her that peice of credit! :roll:
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and I'm not leaving

WrenCullen
Settled in Forks
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am
Contact:

Post by WrenCullen »

C'mon guys, Bella redeemed herself in NM by saving Edward! She's saved him at least give her that peice of credit! :roll:[/quote]



Okay I can agree, but it would be really cool if she could save ALL of the Cullens, look at the numerous times they've had to defend her
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Twilight/Banners/Screwbeingaprincessiwanttobeavampir.jpg[/img]

*Forever waiting for Edward to come in my window*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests