Breaking Dawn Theories

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
_bella_of_the_ball_
Settled in Forks

Post by _bella_of_the_ball_ »

I think that Bella is going to be changed and then start looking for Jacob. It makes sense to me after reading the preface, and it matches her personality. Besides, if Jacob wants to leave his human life behind, he'll also try to leave memories/emotions, etc. so I think that he may be a major antagonist in this story, especially if Bella finds him and he acts on instinct.
Bella_S_Black
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by Bella_S_Black »

when did stephenie Meyer say a main character would die? :?: :!:
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/loveyoumore.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/blackpacl.jpg[/img]
[color=pink]SC Squared![/color]
ibelievealice
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: dieing

Post by ibelievealice »

ForEternity wrote: Remember back to Harry Potter? We knew that a main character was going to die, and everyone considered the main characters to be Harry, Ron, Hermione and Voldemort - but then Dumbledore hit the wall.
It's just that a character who we dont consider to be a main IS a main character lol
OHHH, that is so true!! I think you've hit something here. hummm.... who could it be then. Maybe Renee, or Esme. I could even say Carlisle (oh that hurts saying that), but think about it.... Edward seems almost like the leader of the coven sometimes. He takes control of situations and makes sure everyone else is also taken care of. Carlisle would even take the ultimate sacrafice (himself) to save someone else. Oh my, I think it might be. What do you think? :?:
loveatfirstsite
Settled in Forks

Possibility of a death

Post by loveatfirstsite »

SM is being compared to harry potter too much. There are similarities, but the whole plot line is different in twilight. I think when Bella says that this time she is dying for someone she truly loves, and that this time her death would be completly different from the last two books, she means she's "dying" for Edward. Like Edward is biting her and killing her human soul, but not actually killing her physically. So, to get to my point, I think she will become a vampire--the quotes always refer to being together "forever".

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the preface?
My very existence was meaningless.

The whole world was meaningless.

Maybe if my attempt was doomed to failure anyway, I should stop torturing myself and just go back...

The idea was so powerfull, so HEALING...

Bella's face always behind the lids of my eyes, smiled at me...

Of course I could not go back...she deserved a chance at a better life, a NORMAL life, a life without me
BlitheFratelli
Settled in Forks

Post by BlitheFratelli »

I don't really believe in the theory that the preface refers to Bella getting changed... Even if something did go wrong during it, I don't think it quite adds up.

Like at the end, it talks about her life being the only thing she can give. But Edward would really rather she wasn't changed, even if he's become resigned to the fact.

It really sounds more like Jacob to me.
I am haunted by humans.
beautifullybroken
Settled in Forks

Post by beautifullybroken »

BlitheFratelli wrote:I don't really believe in the theory that the preface refers to Bella getting changed... Even if something did go wrong during it, I don't think it quite adds up.

Like at the end, it talks about her life being the only thing she can give. But Edward would really rather she wasn't changed, even if he's become resigned to the fact.

It really sounds more like Jacob to me.
I totally agree, except I have my doubts, well let's say hopes, that it would be Edward that she's talking about. But yeah, the whole "Edward not wanting to take her human life" does give me another insight to the meaning of the preface. I do hope it isn't Jacob though. :(
Lunna-san
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Lunna-san »

By the preface, I think Bella will be changed. It's something that is quite certain, since Twilight, when she asked Edward why he didn't left her being turned by James's bite.
My fanfics ! ^_^

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ushiochan

Read & Review
lovethatcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by lovethatcullen »

Listen folks, the preface refers to Bella being changed by Edward. Yes, Edward didn't want to change her but remember they have compromises. She marries him, he changes her, she wants her last human experience, she has to accept his gifts. I think it's pretty clear from the first chapter of Breaking Dawn that the compromise is already in motion and they are following through with it. I think the preface is just where Bella is so scared because it's not like people get changed into vamps everyday and Edward is scared too because he has never changed anyone before, only Carlisle has experience so it's understandable that they feel that way and why Bella is talking the way she is in the preface. I mean let's face it, she is dying as a human when she is changed and she's scared.
I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
~*~ Edward Cullen ~*~
ReneeMonty
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ReneeMonty »

lovethatcullen wrote:Listen folks, the preface refers to Bella being changed by Edward. Yes, Edward didn't want to change her but remember they have compromises. She marries him, he changes her, she wants her last human experience, she has to accept his gifts. I think it's pretty clear from the first chapter of Breaking Dawn that the compromise is already in motion and they are following through with it. I think the preface is just where Bella is so scared because it's not like people get changed into vamps everyday and Edward is scared too because he has never changed anyone before, only Carlisle has experience so it's understandable that they feel that way and why Bella is talking the way she is in the preface. I mean let's face it, she is dying as a human when she is changed and she's scared.
That is exactly the way i thought what the preface ment. :D I also thought of this and offcourse Bella is scared who wouldn't be? Technically her live is over so why should she be relaxt about it...
lovethatcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by lovethatcullen »

I also don't think that Jacob will interfere with Edward & Bella's love anymore. Stephenie has settled that issue in Eclipse and Jacob knows that inspite of Bella loving him too, she STILL chose Edward so Jacob has the reality. I think Tanya is going to be a problem and Bella might eventually fight for Edwards love, I mean midsummer night's dream....mmm...think about it. Edward might get confused for a moment because we don't know all the vampires' powers yet and who knows, the Denali's might be working together with the Volturi in the sense that Tanya wants Edward and the Volturi wants Bella. I think the Volturi is expecting Bella to have a power far beyond their imagination and I think that they want that so. Tanya just wants Edward and probably don't even care about the rest of the Cullens and neither do the Volturi. The cover art I think is the showdown between Bella and Tanya. Bella is the red pawn of course and Tanya the Denali queen. I also think that Bella will become a vampire and she might be the key to make the Cullens invincible and she can then be 'superman' for a change and not 'lois'. Bella will have her moment.
I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
~*~ Edward Cullen ~*~