Breaking Dawn Theories

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
lovethatcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by lovethatcullen »

Here's another theory... I don't think Bella will be turned because she's about to die. Edward agreed to turn her and I think it will be a private moment between them, of course we will be the audience to that private moment. I think someone else will also be turned due the person being at the verge of death and I'm not sure who that person is yet. Maybe Seth because he and Edward are friends now and Jacob might ask Edward to turn Seth to save him or something. Or it could be Charlie. Maybe that's how he'll find out about Bella and her Vampires and Bella or Billy might ask the Cullens to save Charlie by turning him and that's how he would probably find out about this whole vampire / werewolf saga. Still speculating but I know Edward will turn Bella and I think Edward will be so nervous and that's why Bella is comforting Edward with her words on the cover art of Breaking Dawn on the reverse side of Eclipse Special Edition.
I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
~*~ Edward Cullen ~*~
cutesweetiezzz
Lured by the scent
Location: camping out at my local bookstore waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out already!

Breaking Dawn Theories

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I think the wedding is going to go smoothly. There won't be any wedding crashers coming to the wedding. Maybe Jacob will go to the wedding and watch from afar, but he won't ruin Bella's special day. He knows how much being with Edward means to Bella. Even if it's going to hurt Jacob, Jacob won't hurt Bella again.
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/LivingDeadGirl223/Robert%20Pattinson/rob_edward_banner.jpg[/img]

"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love." ~ Edward
VampireKnight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by VampireKnight »

diamond encrusted wrote:honestly...anyone could die...it could be Charlie
This is going to sound really bad but...if someone's gotta be sent to the chopping block...I AM ALL FOR PUTING CHARLIE SIX UNDER!!!
That man gets on my nerves... :x

I just had a chilling though though. What if Bella does change and THAT causes Jacob to imprint on her? Then that could take the whole Vampire/Wolf wars to a whole new level.
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4056/mybannerglitter567ad4d1jc8.gif[/img][/url]
[b] Never Cross A Vampire[/b]
BlitheFratelli
Settled in Forks

JACOB WILL DIE AND WHY.

Post by BlitheFratelli »

I'm actually dreading breaking dawn... why, you might ask?

Because Jacob will die. I am absolutely convinced of it.

A. Stephenie has stated that a <b>main</b> character will die. Who are really the main characters besides Edward, Jacob and Bella?
B. It would fit in with his whole metaphorical role as Paris in New Moon.
C. The quote in the beginning of breaking dawn states that childhood is when no one dies. So- someone who means a lot to Bella will die (see A).
D. Stephenie would never kill Edward or Bella. She's in love with Edward as much as everyone else, and she lives vicariously (to a degree) through Bella. And it would cause many fans to turn against her- while we would all die inside if Jacob croaked, we would still reread it after grieving for awhile. If Edward died we would probably throw ourselves in front of the nearest semi.
E. The preface- who else does Bella really love besides Edward and Jacob (maybe Charlie... but I can't really picture that. XD)? And the whole "vampires are dangerous" thing was already explored in New Moon, and while we see the results of a werewolf losing control in Emily, we've never seen it <b>first-hand</b>.
F. HE TALKED ABOUT DIEING FOR BELLA IN THE LAST BOOK. Everyone thought he just did it to get Bella to kiss him, but if things came down to the wire (and he's already given up on her for the most part- hence running away, he has nothing else to live for) don't you know that he would sacrifice himself for her?
G. SM stated it was partially based on a Midsummer Night's Dream. Now- the circumstances of his death I am less sure about, but I think he's going to be decieved somehow (so he's the one attacking Bella in the preface), and come to his senses at the very end and sacrifice himself. Might involve the Denali's.

Also! I really see no other <b>satisfying</b> way of ending Jacob's storyline. Let's look at our options:

1. He falls in love with an existing character. This would be rather disappointing, since a large part of his character is his love of Bella. Also, he probably knows most everybody, so it wouldn't be imprinting. I could ALMOST see him ending up with Leah if it went this way, but it doesn't seem likely (athough he does like older women. XD).
2. He falls in love with a new character. Also disappointing, and would really be a cheap plot device. Invent Jacob's new perfect girl. Total deux es machina. And there really hasn't been anyone new since New Moon anyway, so it would be weird. Most of the Twilight world has already been explored.
3. Jacob lives alone. Probably the 2nd most likely. But also very depressing, and it would always leave people wondering "what if?" It just wouldn't be that satisfactory, but it would fit the best with his character.

He would die a martyr- we would like him all the more for it, and it wouldn't disrupt the whole Edward-Bella-Jacob triangle, which is such a key part of the plot.

I honestly don't see him and Bella ending up together. Don't get me wrong- he's really grown on me, and although I'm in love with Edward, I like him much more as a person (heh heh). But it just honestly doesn't seem right.

Sorry this is so long or repeats someone's elses thoughts... I'm not on here very often. And this all kind of got pent up inside me and I needed to see if anyone agreed. :D
I am haunted by humans.
lovethatcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by lovethatcullen »

Jacob has not seen all Bella's friends since he morphed. What if he shows up at the wedding trying to go unseen except Edward will know he's there, but in anyway he's trying to go unseen and then sees for instance Angela and imprints on her?
I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!
~*~ Edward Cullen ~*~
jmschrfn
Settled in Forks

Post by jmschrfn »

diamond encrusted wrote:well...after reading the first chapter...

i'm going to take a stab at guessing that Jacob might come back to crash the wedding?! to try and stop it maybe?!

another theory i've got is that Charlie might find out bout the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing in his quest to find Jacob...

sorry if it doesn't make sense or seems completely unlikely to you but...my brains kind of still in a daze from reading the first chapter =]
I completely agree with you that Jacob will somehow appear at the wedding- one way or another. He has to because it is such a turning point. One thing that confuses me (I haven't seen the preface yet- just CH1) is that it seems that the wedding has happened by Ch 1? Or maybe Edward has just given Bella many gifts?
diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted »

jmschrfn wrote:

i'm going to take a stab at guessing that Jacob might come back to crash the wedding?! to try and stop it maybe?!

another theory i've got is that Charlie might find out bout the whole Vampire/Werewolf thing in his quest to find Jacob...

sorry if it doesn't make sense or seems completely unlikely to you but...my brains kind of still in a daze from reading the first chapter =]
I completely agree with you that Jacob will somehow appear at the wedding- one way or another. He has to because it is such a turning point. One thing that confuses me (I haven't seen the preface yet- just CH1) is that it seems that the wedding has happened by Ch 1? Or maybe Edward has just given Bella many gifts?
well...here's a link to chapter one and the preface as well...i think its the whole thing...
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]
jmschrfn
Settled in Forks

Post by jmschrfn »

diamond encrusted wrote:
jmschrfn wrote:

well...here's a link to chapter one and the preface as well...i think its the whole thing...
Thank you! It even turns out that I had not read even the full first CH before. Thank you!
diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted »

jmschrfn wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:
jmschrfn wrote:

Thank you! It even turns out that I had not read even the full first CH before. Thank you!
lol...no problems...anything for a fellow Twilighter =]
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]
ForEternity
Wandering Through Town

dieing

Post by ForEternity »

We know that SM has said that a main character is going to die. It's not necessarily Bella, Edward or Jacob.
Remember back to Harry Potter? We knew that a main character was going to die, and everyone considered the main characters to be Harry, Ron, Hermione and Voldemort - but then Dumbledore hit the wall.
It's just that a character who we dont consider to be a main IS a main.
Sorry, if I'm a little confusing. Exams have got me in a muddle lol