Breaking Dawn Preface

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by debussygirl »

^^I noticed that too. But I think it's Jacob and not Edward (I may be a bit biased since I am Team Edward). I just cannot possibly in a million, zillion years Edward ever harming Bella for any reason at all. Jacob I don't hold a very high opinion of, and if Bella were a vampire at this point, he could lash out just in pure instinct. Think of Sam and Emily. Sam had already imprinted on Emily, but he attacked her. Even though Jacob promised he would never harm Bella, if seeing her a vampire for the first time he could get angry and could morph and then just let his instincts take over him. To me, it makes more since for it to be Jacob.
Is it August 2nd yet???

mudkip
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mudkip »

debussygirl wrote:^^I noticed that too. But I think it's Jacob and not Edward (I may be a bit biased since I am Team Edward). I just cannot possibly in a million, zillion years Edward ever harming Bella for any reason at all. Jacob I don't hold a very high opinion of, and if Bella were a vampire at this point, he could lash out just in pure instinct. Think of Sam and Emily. Sam had already imprinted on Emily, but he attacked her. Even though Jacob promised he would never harm Bella, if seeing her a vampire for the first time he could get angry and could morph and then just let his instincts take over him. To me, it makes more since for it to be Jacob.
Is it August 2nd yet???
Exactly.

If it were Edward changing her or something, it wouldnt be a "disaster" as she'd called it.
[img]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7007/janece2.jpg[/img]

[b]Do [i]not[/i] take this picture.[/b]

Nikkinik
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nikkinik »

Hello fellow twilighters!!!!! I'm sorry to be off topic, but I have a live webshow streaming, and I'd really like to get a discussion going about the twilight series. If any of you are interested please feel free to click this link. Just say you're here to talk about Twilight! :D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21

bella is my hero
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella is my hero »

twilight~obsessed wrote:
bella is my hero wrote:ok i think in the preface when bella is talking about her beloved one and how it was killing her i think that she was talking about jacob because in other prefaces jacob was the beloved one.i also think that when it means that the beloved one is killing her i dont think that she means literally killing him.

i think that its still in bellas point of view.i mean like stephenie said that the saga was in bellas perspective.and besides the first chapter is in her perspective so why wouldnt the preface be?

i think that BD is something entirely different than what people are saying.i think that jacob is going to do someting(what i have no clue)that causes bella to freak out.i think that jacob will do something that bella will try to protect him from....lets just say that its like him killing himself.i think that shes going to sacrifice herslef...or at least try to......for jake.if you think about the game of chess(which is the cover)its about sacrifice....i mean thats wat i think of when i think about chess.sacrifice.so...theres my theory.but then again i have no clue as to what is going to happen.i think that it wil be ..however.. unexpected.speedyturtle....i think that you have a good point there....i mean it has to do with jake doing something thats betrayal-like.i think thats a good idea of whats going to happen

In NM and EC the prefaces are Bella speaking of Edward....in NM it's her running towards the clock tower to save him in Volturra, and in EC it when Edward is about to fight Victoria...I don't have Twilight with me right now, but I'm pretty sure it isn't about Jacob he wasn't that big of a character then...
ok mistake on my part.i meant that in the books jacob is mentioned as the beloved one.so there.my mistake sorry!but my theory still stands.
"sleep,my bella.Dream happy dreams.You are the only one who has touched my heart.It will be forever yours.Sleep,my only love."-edward cullen

JessieHale
Settled in Forks
Location: Trying to steal Docs DeLorean to travel to the 2nd of August

Post by JessieHale »

I also think it's Jacob she's talking about. Maybe she's already a vampire (:mrgreen:) and since Jacob hates vampires, he wants to kill her :?: I don't know, I'm not so good at guessing things.

deedeedork
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Somewhere pretending im Alice and shopping for a costume.

Post by deedeedork »

I really don't know. The only people she really loves are edward and jake. And maybe it is edward, turning her into a vampire, but i doubt it. I think its jake. Because he could loose control himself once bellas a vampire and just attack.

But honestly, im not sure, because i dont think bella will get changed.
Okay so we're starting an alternate lexicon to help keep us sane while its shut down. We're prolly going to close it as soon as the lex is back up. And we won't allow spoilers (=
It'd be really awesome if you guys could join and help spread the news! Its still in construction at the moment though!

http://ouralternatelex.friendhood.net/index.htm

[img]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb273/deedeedorkster/moof-2.jpg[/img]
Banner by myhopesaresohigh at vesperarium

faerie_kitten
Wandering Through Town

Post by faerie_kitten »

ok i finally managed to read the preface and i read something else on this site, but i cant remember where :( i really wish i could but it was apparently the blurb off the back off the book, and having read that i am thinking that it is edward bella is refering too :(

ok found it :)
it is over on page 57 (or 58?) of the someone will die thread in the breaking dawn board. and having read this i almost had a heart attack. so did my friend who i imediatly called adn read it to her.

and basicaly without posting the whole post in here (its kind of long and i dont kno how to do a link to it)
i am thinking that bella has to give edward her blood cos he needs it thanks to what jacob has done to him :( aaaarrrrggg i REALLY need that book now
Why, oh why? I got to wait until August 6th for Breaking Dawn :( Grrrrrrrrrr
But when I get it, it will be read even if i i have to stay up all night :)
Go Team Edward!!!!

mudkip
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by mudkip »

faerie_kitten wrote:ok i finally managed to read the preface and i read something else on this site, but i cant remember where :( i really wish i could but it was apparently the blurb off the back off the book, and having read that i am thinking that it is edward bella is refering too :(

ok found it :)
it is over on page 57 (or 58?) of the someone will die thread in the breaking dawn board. and having read this i almost had a heart attack. so did my friend who i imediatly called adn read it to her.

and basicaly without posting the whole post in here (its kind of long and i dont kno how to do a link to it)
i am thinking that bella has to give edward her blood cos he needs it thanks to what jacob has done to him :( aaaarrrrggg i REALLY need that book now
I dont think Edward would take Bella's blood even if it meant he would die. Reading through New Moon and Eclipse again, i don't think Jacob would hurt her either.... But the Epilogue made me change my mind. It would be an impulse to hurt her after she changes, now that he is embracing his wolf side.
[img]http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/7007/janece2.jpg[/img]

[b]Do [i]not[/i] take this picture.[/b]

debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by debussygirl »

Wait-why is Edward needing Bella's blood? And when did Jacob attack Edward? Hold up--is this that whole "Jacob what'd you do to Edward?" thing that people are claiming to be an excerpt? Because I am pretty certain that's fanfic and whoever wrote it is so gleeful right now, getting us crazy over that quote. Unless it's in EC special edition or one of the quotes of the day I'm not buying that stuff.
And what'd that have to do with the preface anyway?

LizzyPooh409
Settled in Forks

Post by LizzyPooh409 »

I think that the preface is Bella's thoughts after she has become a vampire and Jake has found her, but while he is in Werewolf form.
So it doesn't really register in his mind that it is Bella so he is attacking her.

Maybe? Maybe?
i don't know. :)
Team Edward. <3