Breaking Dawn Preface

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
TwilightObsessions
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightObsessions »

When did we learn that Alec can confuse minds?
~And so the lion fell in love with the lamb... What a stupid lamb... What a sick, masochistic lion...~A sadistic vampire intent on torturing her to death? No problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand...

Cullen_family
Settled in Forks

Post by Cullen_family »

LOL we didn't. It's MY personal theory.

mlola619
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by mlola619 »

bella is my hero wrote:ok i think in the preface when bella is talking about her beloved one and how it was killing her i think that she was talking about jacob because in other prefaces jacob was the beloved one.i also think that when it means that the beloved one is killing her i dont think that she means literally killing him.

i think that its still in bellas point of view.i mean like stephenie said that the saga was in bellas perspective.and besides the first chapter is in her perspective so why wouldnt the preface be?

i think that BD is something entirely different than what people are saying.i think that jacob is going to do someting(what i have no clue)that causes bella to freak out.i think that jacob will do something that bella will try to protect him from....lets just say that its like him killing himself.i think that shes going to sacrifice herslef...or at least try to......for jake.if you think about the game of chess(which is the cover)its about sacrifice....i mean thats wat i think of when i think about chess.sacrifice.so...theres my theory.but then again i have no clue as to what is going to happen.i think that it wil be ..however.. unexpected.speedyturtle....i think that you have a good point there....i mean it has to do with jake doing something thats betrayal-like.i think thats a good idea of whats going to happen
i concur :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and I'm not leaving

TwilightObsessions
Wandering Through Town

Post by TwilightObsessions »

mlola619 wrote:
bella is my hero wrote:ok i think in the preface when bella is talking about her beloved one and how it was killing her i think that she was talking about jacob because in other prefaces jacob was the beloved one.i also think that when it means that the beloved one is killing her i dont think that she means literally killing him.

i think that its still in bellas point of view.i mean like stephenie said that the saga was in bellas perspective.and besides the first chapter is in her perspective so why wouldnt the preface be?

i think that BD is something entirely different than what people are saying.i think that jacob is going to do someting(what i have no clue)that causes bella to freak out.i think that jacob will do something that bella will try to protect him from....lets just say that its like him killing himself.i think that shes going to sacrifice herslef...or at least try to......for jake.if you think about the game of chess(which is the cover)its about sacrifice....i mean thats wat i think of when i think about chess.sacrifice.so...theres my theory.but then again i have no clue as to what is going to happen.i think that it wil be ..however.. unexpected.speedyturtle....i think that you have a good point there....i mean it has to do with jake doing something thats betrayal-like.i think thats a good idea of whats going to happen
i concur :D
I concur also... kudos, bellaismyhero. I like that idea.
~And so the lion fell in love with the lamb... What a stupid lamb... What a sick, masochistic lion...~A sadistic vampire intent on torturing her to death? No problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand...

twilight~obsessed
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by twilight~obsessed »

In NM and EC the prefaces are Bella speaking of Edward....in NM it's her running towards the clock tower to save him in Volturra, and in EC it when Edward is about to fight Victoria...I don't have Twilight with me right now, but I'm pretty sure it isn't about Jacob he wasn't that big of a character then...
"My head was full of the sweetness of his breath"

Newly TPDer! yay!

debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by debussygirl »

Why does is matter if Jacob hasn't been in the preface before? He can be now, since he's a signifacant character. And there is no way that through free will Edward would even touch a hair on Bella's head, and I don't agree with Alec's mind-control theory. Jacob is a lot easier to anger, being only 16 and not all that mature for that age anyway.
And in Twilight Bella spoke of the "hunter" which was James and how she was dying in place of someone she loved, her mom (or so she thought at the time).

twilight~obsessed

debussygirl wrote:Why does is matter if Jacob hasn't been in the preface before? He can be now, since he's a signifacant character. And there is no way that through free will Edward would even touch a hair on Bella's head, and I don't agree with Alec's mind-control theory. Jacob is a lot easier to anger, being only 16 and not all that mature for that age anyway.
And in Twilight Bella spoke of the "hunter" which was James and how she was dying in place of someone she loved, her mom (or so she thought at the time).
True it could be Jacon in the BD preface...some one before had just said Jacob was in all the previous prefaces, which is not true.

*I still leaning towards the preface being Edward changing Bella*

Newly TPDer! yay!

debussygirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by debussygirl »

^^Oh, I understand why you were bringing that up now! haha.
The reason I am not going toward Bella being changed in the preface is a few reasons.
1. Although becoming a vampire will be a big part of the book (if it happens) I don't think it will be the climax. The preface has always been right before the big showdown, and Bella being turned would be a disappointing climax (it will be exciting, but not the ultimate fighting-scene, which so far the preface has been).
2. Personally, I don't consider changing being killed. The Cullens have kept their humanity (I mean that as in they're good, decent peole) and since Bella won't be lifeless as a vampire, I don't consider that death.
3. She says that running and fighting would "hurt" her beloved. Why would trying not to become a vampire hurt Edward? He wants her to stay human! If she did run away, he'd understand and wouldn't be hurt but relieved.

twilight~obsessed

I just need to have the book come out already....I'm going mad with all these different possibilities I want to read it and know whats really going on! AAAHHHHH!!!! :x

Newly TPDer! yay!

Jazz<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jazz<3 »

This caught my eye when i was reading NM
pg. 411
I stared back at him he was not my Jacob, but he could be. His face was familiar and beloved. In so many real ways i did love him. He was my comfort, my safe harbor. Right now, I could choose to have him belong to me.
That's the only thing that would make me think it's Jacob.

But I still think it's Edward.