94%
No
6%

Total votes: 1713

sealakewhirl
Wandering Through Town

What would Bella's 'GIFT' be?

Post by sealakewhirl »

If and when Bella gets turned into a vampire, what would her special abitlity be?
Edward can read thoughts...
Jasper can influence the way people feel...
Rosalie is stupidly beautiful...
etc.

I think that because Bella is so clumsy, she will become telekinetic and be able to move objects with willpower/brainpower. Don't you think it's a little wierd that she is so good at tripping over things and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think that when she becomes a vampire, she'll be able to control it.
Any other ideas, opinions?

mythfilledgrl
Settled in Forks

Post by mythfilledgrl »

I think that's a great idea. Another idea is that she could have the ability to heal or something. Since she almost got killed by James and she healed form it...not sure. But its kind of funny how Bella faints at the smell of blood before she becomes a vampire.If she's a vampire, she has to get used to it. lol :P

rgfawkes
Settled in Forks

Post by rgfawkes »

I think Bella's gift would be her humanity. I think if she would become a vampire she would retain a bit of what made her so human, her cheeks would be pinkish, she would be warmer than the others even if she was still cold, and I think she wouldn't be as graceful as the others, if possible she might still fall as a vampire.

This is my offical Bella smilely --- :oops: because she blushes alot.
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/rgfawkes/thwarning3.gif[/img]

~Vielka~
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by ~Vielka~ »

I love the telekinetic idea...

I guess it does make sense...this way she cold move things out of her way!!! ajajajajaja

As much as I would like to think she can retain some of her humanity, I don't think it will work out that way..

Her power has to be linked to her brain...it has to be the reason Edward can't get a read on her thoughts...

Maybe her presense will bring peace to Edward when she is turned? I mean, he can't read her...and the 'power' is supposed to be amplified as a vampire right?

Well I remember that on their way back from Port Angeles, Edward tells her about his ability, and how it's like being in a crowed space (note word for word here) and that you mainly here a muffled sound in the backroung, until he focuses on one person.

I think that must be frustrating...to never have peace of mind, always know or hear what others as thinking...and he doesnt' sleep!!! Man...I would go insane!!!

So, maybe that will be part of what she brings with her when she is turned...peacefullness to Edwards' mind when he is around her...

Just a thought... :?
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/EmmettCullen.jpg[/img] [img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/edangelsob6.jpg[/img]
** [b]I LOVE TEMMETT[/b] ** [b]I LOVE HENNERS[/b] **
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/vielkis/Banners/78941.gif[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When life offers you a dream far beyond your expectation, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end."

sealakewhirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by sealakewhirl »

I like the idea about humanity (i also don't think it will work, but it's nice anyway). The peacefulness idea is cool too, but isn't that a bit like Jasper's gift? I was thinking about how Bella can stop Edward from reading her thoughts...I havn't come up with an explantion for that yet. Maybe it's a sign that they are soul mates or something?

Ettie
Settled in Forks

Post by Ettie »

I'm randomly pulling this out of the air. I was thinking if Edward can't hear Bella its like she has this blocking mechanism in her subconscious. So if this were enhanced she could block any/all powers selectively. For example if Jasper wanted to calm anyone who were in a frenzy Bella would be able to block that emotion that Jasper wanted.

Angels_above
Settled in Forks

Post by Angels_above »

Edward can't read bellas mind cos she is unique and was born that way, kind of like edward when he was human with his perceptions of what others were thinking, jasper being very carasmatic, and alice with the visions!
I do love the idea of retaining some humanity, and it would be a nice thing to do as it would be a compromise for edward..he would have bella for ever bt she would still blush!
I like the telekentic idea , and I think it is slightly more likley! i dunno why..but the only one who knows if stephenie, and she isn't telling! :wink:

Madame X
On the Mod Squad

Post by Madame X »

I've thinking of this for a while and I was trying to imagine what Bella's most powerful trait is. Assuming Ms. Meyer, if Bella becomes a vampire, isn't going to give her a power redux, that limits the options. Compassion, ability to love, and influencing others emotions would have been my bets if they hadn't been taken by Carlisle, Esme, and Jasper respectively.

Besides those, you would probably immediately think of clumsiness, which I theorize is mostly a red herring for Bella's true personality traits. The only other thing I've noticed, that has consistently been repeated throughout Twilight, is Bella's perception. She seemed to pick up on the vampires presence far more keenly than the other kids. She trusted Edward was "good" only on his word. I feel this could potentially turn itself into the gift of being able to see in people's souls and understand their nature. It kind of picks up where Edward's gift leaves off, to see beyond the simple, shallow thoughts of a human/vampire.

rgfawkes
Settled in Forks

Post by rgfawkes »

The humanity thing isn't that hard to believe when you think about it. What makes me think that Bella's gift would be humanity is that she is so human to begin with.

One of the main differeces between vampires and humans is that when you're a vampire you have no flaws but humans are riddled with them. Bella is the epitome of humans. She can so easily express her emotions (blushing anyone?), she's not driven by greed and other things that most people are even if they won't admit it, and her cluminess is a very human like trait. I just think that if she were (or when she is because I think she will be) turned I think that she will retain her humanity in some way even if it's not a major noticeable one.

About her power being like telekinesis that is possible but unlikely because powers like that and like Edward's, Alice's, and Jasper's are extremely extremely rare even among vampires.

I like all the ideas of her gift though and I can see all of them happening but I'm attacted to her humanity for that is what makes her so endearing.
[img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/rgfawkes/thwarning3.gif[/img]

ArdaSilverlace
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by ArdaSilverlace »

I think Bella's vampire gift would be her unpredictableness. I mean, Edward is always so frustrated because he can't read her mind and Bella always reacts oddly, or irrationally, to all sorts of situations.
I don't know how being unpredictable could count as an enhanced gift, but it's definately a main quality of Bella's.