A Midsummer Night's Dream

Discussion area for all things Breaking Dawn
Chaos
Lusting for blood

Post by Chaos »

Midnight_Lace wrote:I don't know if this would tie in anyway. But Puck uses the cream to make others fall in love with each other(I think...its been awhile since reading this play). Maybe Bella's power is that she can sway other people to feel things such as love since love is a big part in her life. But that would only work if she was turned into a vampire in book three. And I don't know if that's happening.
Maybe... I don't think Bella's power would work that way. Jasper's maybe. You know, in some twisted way Puck reminds me of Jasper...
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6953/bannerchaoskt6.png[/img]
inlovewithavampire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by inlovewithavampire »

Copper and Sunshine wrote:How about this theory:

In a Midsummer's Night Dream, Lysander and Hermia are forbidden to be together, so they run off into the woods together. Then Demetrius (and Helena) follow them into the woods, and chaos ensues.

What if Bella nd Edward were to run away? And Jake (being Demetrius) were to pursue them?

Just a thought. I wanted to throw this idea up into the air.
I find this idea interesting. Maybe Edward and Bella go away so he can change her without breaking the treaty ( because it wouldn't be within the treaty area ) and Jake decides to follow them and talk Bella out of it.
Proud memeber of the Emmett House

"Change is not merely necessary for life. It is life." Alvin Toffler

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away."

"If it's not chocolate, it's not breakfast."
raisa__x
Settled in Forks

Post by raisa__x »

firefly wrote:
Cocoa wrote:A Midsummers night dream is about 2 couples.
I count 4:
Theseus and Hippolyta
Titania and Oberon
Lysander and Hermia
Demetrius and Helena
I personally think that Titania and Oberon could be Carlisle and Esme -- Titania has all of her fairies, which could be the Cullen kids, and is quite motherly. Oberon has Puck, and First Fairy. He's very charismatic, as well. It could work... but I don't think Esme and Carlisle would ever be pitted against each other.

I do believe Jacob is Demetrius, Hermia is Bella, and Lysander is Edward. I'm basing this off of the fact that Bella and Hermia have some similar qualities -- both sort of softspoken, romantics, and Hermia goes against her father... which Bella is starting to do.

Now... you guys say you need a Helena... well, maybe Jacob has a new love interest. Helena (or new love interest) could be chasing after Demetrius (Jacob), who is chasing after Hermia (Bella), who is deeply in love with Lysander (Edward). Now, I actually played Helena in a production of Midsummer, and I know she deeply longs for acceptance by Demetrius who finds her a nuisance. Jacob is a nice boy, and "kind of beautiful," so what girl wouldn't like him? I think someone is going to go after him the way he pines after Bella.

Of course.... my theories could have nothing to do with anything, which I'm expecting. :wink:
[size=75]Signature by Cornie[/size][img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/x_Cornie_x/TDA/May/TaintedHope.png[/img]
[i] Over the ramparts you tossed // the scent of your skin and some foreign flowers // tied to a brick, sweet as a song // the years have been short but the days were long.[/i]
Midnight_Lace
Settled in Forks

Post by Midnight_Lace »

Chaos wrote:
Midnight_Lace wrote:I don't know if this would tie in anyway. But Puck uses the cream to make others fall in love with each other(I think...its been awhile since reading this play). Maybe Bella's power is that she can sway other people to feel things such as love since love is a big part in her life. But that would only work if she was turned into a vampire in book three. And I don't know if that's happening.
Maybe... I don't think Bella's power would work that way. Jasper's maybe. You know, in some twisted way Puck reminds me of Jasper...
You know, now that you mention it...he would do something like that.
NinnyNat
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by NinnyNat »

A midsummer Nights Dream was the theme for my prom. Sorry off topic.

I think Titania and Oberon could definately be Carlisle and Esme. Because they are the head of the cullen house hold but Carlisle and Esme could never be turned against each other or anything like that because their love is just so eternal, it just would never happen.
"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."
- Aiden Nowlan
Chaos
Lusting for blood

Post by Chaos »

NinnyNat wrote:A midsummer Nights Dream was the theme for my prom. Sorry off topic.

I think Titania and Oberon could definately be Carlisle and Esme. Because they are the head of the cullen house hold but Carlisle and Esme could never be turned against each other or anything like that because their love is just so eternal, it just would never happen.
Which is where Charlie and Renee come in. They could easily be played against each other, especially if it comes to their beliefs on how Bella should be raised or what they should do with her.

But maybe Titania and Oberon don't have anything to do witht he beginning of Breaking Dawn, remember while Eclipse is loosely based on Wuthering Heights, Breaking Dawn is extremely loosely based on A Mid-Summers nights Dream, so there may not be soe characters like the Donkey/man
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6953/bannerchaoskt6.png[/img]
JulietMontague
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JulietMontague »

MND just seems too frivolous to me to really work into the plot of future Twilight books. I mean, it's basically a satire on love, and the whole fools in love theme, so I don't know, not that I have anything against the play, its just that with all the many books and plays involved in Twilight, I think this one seems the least likely to play a big part. But hey, thats just the way it comes off as to me, I could be extremely wrong.
[img]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/a_world_traveler/Twilight/banner3-vampirecropped1.jpg[/img]

SPRING AWAKENING:
Broadway's New Ground-Breaking Musical! "Hauntingly romantic"
boodah08
Settled in Forks

Post by boodah08 »

I love how you were able to make that leap!!! my brain works kind of like that...except about 10 hrs later ...

and then i forget.

soo
its pretty useless.

bravo!
tairahoney
Wandering Through Town
Location: forks, behind edward shhh or in the lab making vampires possible

Post by tairahoney »

I think it's is if bella ever comes to her senses and agrees to marry edward maybe charlie freaks like Egeus and wants her to get with jake though i don't think he would force that but he would want it because he trust jake more and he probley thinks the reason he and bella don't talk anymore is because edward won't let her which is true but he as you guys know is ingorant to the fact that there all mstical beings. Also remeber how angry he was when edward came back owith no explaintion after causing his daugter so much pain. o and i really hope a their is a new Helen for jake. :D maybe Alice for puck she is fairy like o and hermia (bella) is jelous of Helen height that good for jake he won't always have to look down
An apple a day keeps dr.Carlisle away....

am going to stop eating apples now- lol
edward is luv
Wandering Through Town

Post by edward is luv »

Copper and Sunshine wrote:How about this theory:

In a Midsummer's Night Dream, Lysander and Hermia are forbidden to be together, so they run off into the woods together. Then Demetrius (and Helena) follow them into the woods, and chaos ensues.

What if Bella nd Edward were to run away? And Jake (being Demetrius) were to pursue them?

Just a thought. I wanted to throw this idea up into the air.

what if lysander and hermia ((edward and bella) wanted to get married and charlie forbid it? then that gives them reason to run away. Jacob would think that edward and bella are running off to bite her so he follows (and some girl will be with jacob that we are unaware of yet)

theory: someone said kim is coming..maybe her and jake get together??? this is off to the sider of my original post but she could be the girl..
[Vulnerable: Secondhand Serenade]

"tell me tell me
what makes you think that you are invincible
I can see it in your eyes that youre so sure
please dont tell me that Im the only one thats vulnerable
impossibls"