Comic Con Meet up

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 »

PANEL DISCUSSION AND AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS!!!

Twilight moms are saying that the autographs will be either at the booth in the exhibit hall or in a private area. And it's usually impossible to attend the panel and get autographs. If the autographs are going to be done at the booth, then you would need to be at the booth early to get a ticket for that, but then you'd miss out on maybe even getting into the panel.
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Dragon620026spics/Blinkies/Twilight/Banner.jpg[/img]

"But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?"
halfpastsunday
Settled in Forks

Post by halfpastsunday »

Oh, this is horrible.
I am starting to think that my friends and I don't have a chance to meet them anymore.
Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 »

:cry: Aww... you must not lose hope! What I do know is that Thursday is the least busiest day. Meaning, less people. Still, it's good to be prepared.
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Dragon620026spics/Blinkies/Twilight/Banner.jpg[/img]

"But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?"
LuvLeeAngel
Settled in Forks

Post by LuvLeeAngel »

:? ok... so Comic Con updated their site.... how come the Twilight thing still isnt added... ???
asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

I received an email through the summit entertainment website tonight, that Stephenie Meyer and some of the cast members of Twilight movie would be at Comic-Con, conducting a panel and signing autographs on Thursday, July 24th.

However I went to Comic-Con's website and could not find a shred of information on it corroborating this.

Who has the dish? Is this information true? If so I am *so* there. I'll fly down, crash at my sister's place in Irvine and probably borrow her car to drive down on Thursday. She's used to me dropping in on her-
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
halfpastsunday
Settled in Forks

Post by halfpastsunday »

Dragon620026,

I recognize you through the comments on my friends myspace (Ashley.) I also remember seeing you at the Stephenie Meyer signing, too!

What a small world.
Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 »

asharp,

It took me a while to figure it out, but the reason why comic con hasn't released any information regarding Twilight's appearance is because they are still trying to get a schedule set up. Even while comic con is taking place things get a little crazy. I remember reading this one comment that said that

"Yep, still got a few weeks to wait but one can hope they'll post 'em early. But things are always changing, so that's why they can't post 'em early. I mean, they can but it'll just change. Hell, look how it changes DURING Con... so you can imagine how busy they are right now trying to firm things up."

I also remember reading that one year the spiderman cast just showed up to comic con without notice. This is all information from people that ususally go to comic con and they are just as anxious to get their hands on a schedule. Us knowing that Twilight is going to be there is a little special tid-bit known to only Twilight fans. The following was taken from the comic con website.

"The complete Programming schedule will be posted on here, approximately ten days to two weeks prior to the show. It's a good idea to print that schedule out so you can highlight your "must-see" panels and events. The complete schedule is also provided in the onsite Events Guide, and updated daily on signs outside of all the Programming rooms."

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_prog.shtml

halfpastsunday,

Really? That is a small world! It's very nice to meet you ^_^ Well, so far I've planned to go with her friend Angela and she wants Ash to come along with us. You mentioned before about thinking that your friends and you not having a chance to meet them anymore. I wonder, did you mean Ash or other friends? That way we can get a solid plan to meet them for sure! Besides, the more the merrier right? Feel free to PM me.

asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

Dragon,

Thanks for the info. It was really helpful. Well I went ahead and got my pass for Thursday so I'm basically committed to it! I figure if that email went out to everyone who signed up for Summits mailing list, the day would fill up quickly and I didn't want to chance not getting in.

;) This will be my first time at Comic-con. I'm excited!
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 »

Your welcome ^_^

I just checked my e-mail and I got it as well. It looks pretty official! I can't wait. The good thing is that Thursday and Sunday are the least crowded days. Still, once you get there it looks pretty crowded, that is till you go on Saturaday, the busiest day. So, I'm glad Twilight is showing on Thursday.

halfpastsunday
Settled in Forks

Post by halfpastsunday »

Dragon620026,

Hahah! It's nice to meet you, too :] I was indeed talking about Angela and Ashley. I haven't spoken to Angela about it for a few days, so I'm not sure what her plans are. We should all have a big group though. That would be awesome!
The Dream Team + The Chosen Ones!

[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c335/dontrush/Untitled-4-2.jpg[/img]