Comic Con Meet up

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
lplover1
Settled in Forks

Post by lplover1 »

Thanks Cocoa!

mandustries i am now planning to head to the Summit booth prior to going to Hall H. so i will be taking twilight just in case i get to go to the signing you never know but if i dont then oh well at least we will all get to see them :D
Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Post by Cocoa »

The administrative staff of the Lexicon will be unable to attend Comic Con. However if you would like to send any of your photos/vidoes/write-ups to us we will be happy to post your experience on the front page.

Send your story to twilightlexadmin@gmail.com

And tell Edi that Cocoa says hi. :D

Have a great time everyone!
mandustries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mandustries »

lplover1 wrote:Thanks Cocoa!

mandustries i am now planning to head to the Summit booth prior to going to Hall H. so i will be taking twilight just in case i get to go to the signing you never know but if i dont then oh well at least we will all get to see them :D
Great plan lplover, I'm thinking I will do the same. It never hurts to plan for the just in cases!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we can be the lucky ones.

:)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mandustries/Twilight/RWV/runswithvampires_banner-1.jpg[/img]
[size=75][color=white]Banner made by me![/color]
[color=black]I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Proud Cullenist—Member of [/color][color=yellow]Alice House[/size][/color]
kat_wreaking_havok
Settled in Forks

Post by kat_wreaking_havok »

hmm but what if they have a raffle or tickets for the meet n greet? i dont want to leave the line of the meet n greet and then miss something while im over at the summit booth! i dont want to take any chances.
im meeting the cast of twilight at comic con! jealous much??
asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

Thank you Cocoa for moving this thread to an active discussion forum!

I'm going to be at Comic-con as well (on Thursday only). I'm a bit of a forum lurker, but I'll be there by myself, so would love the chance to geek out with you guys over Twilight.
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
asharp
Settled in Forks

Post by asharp »

I will probably be there to wait for my registration badge as early as 5:30 AM as well. However I don't think registration opens until 9 AM. BUT- I've checked up on a few blogs from last year. People who got into line at 9 AM, claimed to not get OUT of line for FIVE HOURS...

So... it would be prudent to warn you all to get there early enough that you don't have that happen to you, particularly as the Summit panel starts at 1:15 and anyone with a full 4-day pass could have gotten their registration badge on Wednesday.
"I've decided that as long as I was going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."

-Edward Cullen, Twilight
Juleebabee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Juleebabee »

Hey all...comic-con is less than 2 days away!! I'm so excited!

After speaking with some con vets/experts, i was told that you want to be lined up outside Hall H as early as possible if you want any chance of getting a good seat for the panel. Once you enter (if you enter), it's best to just "camp" out for the day because once you leave, it'll be near impossible to get back in. So make sure to bring snacks, drinks, entertainment, etc. to help pass the time until 1:15. heh.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking about lining up Wednesday night (if i can find some people to do it with me). heh. If anyone here is interested in lining up or wants me to try and save them a seat lemme know! You can either pm me or AIM me at luckilyduckily. :)
Go to the AltLex!!
<a href="http://ouralternatelex.friendhood.net/index.htm">OUR ALTERNATE LEX</a>
ItsaClassic
Settled in Forks

Post by ItsaClassic »

Whew! Thank God they unlocked this I was freaking out!

I will be there with with 3 other girls so we are still planning on getting there early. We should all have wrist ribbons. Mine will be black with lace and red ribbon accents, theirs should be red :D

And I agree with the person who said we should go to the Summit Booth first 100 and 10% !! I went to Summit's site and it looks like it will be a drawing type thing and excited as I am to see sneak peeks about the movie I want to get an autograph from Stephenie more!!

In fact, if that's ALL I get it will make my LIFE!
http://eureika.etsy.com
mandustries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mandustries »

I almost didn't post this, because I was being selfish for a second, but here's information from Stephenie's site on the autograph signing drawing:

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/calendar.html#comicon
Twilight Autographing Rules for Comicon

For those attending Comicon, a drawing for tickets to the Twilight autographing will take place in the Autographing Area in the Sails Pavilion at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, July 24th. Rules for line ticket drawings are below. Please note, Stephenie will be signing a promotional Twilight movie item and will NOT be signing books during the autographing.

Rules for Line Ticket Drawings

* Due to the popularity of our many guest autograph signings, tickets for these are distributed by drawing.
* To participate in the drawing, please stand in the indicated line and pick a ticket out of a container. The winning tickets have a distinct stamp on the back. Once a winning ticket has been drawn, either:

1) The ticket will be kept by the winner to be exchanged for access into the designated autograph line at the specified location and time.

or

2) The ticket will be exchanged for a wristband, which will admit the wearer into the designated autograph line at the specified location and time.

* If a winning ticket is not drawn, you may return to the end of the line to try again until all winning tickets have been drawn. One winning ticket per person, per signing.
* No lines may form until five (5) minutes before the drawing is to begin and the location of the Official Line is announced. Any line formed prior to the announcement of the location of the Official Line will be not be recognized as an Official line and will be dispersed.
* The drawing will not begin until the time listed in the Events Guide or Daily Newsletter.
* Winning the drawing for a line ticket grants you, with your winning ticket or wristband, the opportunity to stand in line to get an autograph at the location and time designated when you drew the winning ticket.
* The duration of the autograph session is taken into account when determining the number of winning tickets.
* The Fire Marshall may shut down any line they feel is a hazard at anytime.
* Your badge does not guarantee autographs at any event.

:D
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/mandustries/Twilight/RWV/runswithvampires_banner-1.jpg[/img]
[size=75][color=white]Banner made by me![/color]
[color=black]I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Proud Cullenist—Member of [/color][color=yellow]Alice House[/size][/color]
mullinthecullens
Settled in Forks

Post by mullinthecullens »

mandustries wrote:I almost didn't post this, because I was being selfish for a second, but here's information from Stephenie's site on the autograph signing drawing
LOL. I know the feeling. :wink:

For the autograph drawing, it looks like we just have to be in the Sails Pavilion at 9:30 on Thursday. I looked at the map of the convention center and that is the same room where registration is taking place. I've read that the doors open at 9:30 but hopefully they will start registration earlier so we can all then line up for the drawing.

I'm excited about all the Lexicon red ribbons! If you see me there or anyone wearing a red ribbon be sure to say hi!
The best people in the world are Twilight-lovin people!!