Nevada, Las Vegas (BD)

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Nevada, Las Vegas (BD)

Post by MoGanHannah »

hey there vegas kids! [like hella].
so i approached a borders store today
and they said that the financial year
just started, so they are having
to go through all of the 'new year' stuff. the
manager told me that they won't
know if they are going to have release parties
or not, and that they will find out later in the
year [hopefully soon!!!!!]

i gave her the stat's that the lex provided us,
and she agreed with everyone one of them [hmm.
maybe she's a fan!]
. i told her i'd check at other
book stores, and i'll be persistent, and she said that
that was the only way to do it!

so in conclusion, i figured that this can't be a one person job!
comon you guys! i know at my high school alone we've started a following of like 50 people! [well, that i know about. and i know alot of dang kids!] i know that there has to be more fans than just my school! [dang, use of exlimation points, much?] so if you guys have any ideas, PM me or [dare i say it...] myspace me [....com/mnkyS2], and we can compare notes.

i really want to get a release party happenin up in the SEVEN-OH-TWO! [sorry. i had to. :/ haha]. twilight fans united, right?!

mmk.
that is all.
<3

**ediiitttttt you can email me to. :D my email is available on my profile here, but anywho it's

moganhannah@gmail.com

ahah. original, huhh?
[size=75]"And now look has become of you! Trying to seduce a vampire."[/size]

Glowing Red Eyes
Settled in Forks

Post by Glowing Red Eyes »

Hmmm... which Borders was it? I'll see what I can to, because I pre-ordered my copy from Borders, I think! Maybe I'll threaten to hold some kind of boycott if they don't have a release party, but I think that's blackmail, and I think that's illegal. :D

MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

hahaha.
well i asked at the one
on Sahara and Decatur, by my school, cause it was on the way home.
but i'm going to check around at a bunch of different ones. :D

but i've heard that barnes and nobel['s..ss? hmm. ohwell] host better parties.
so..
eyedeekay.
:/

but i thought i was the only las veg-an here!
it made me worry for a sec.
haha.

karr
Settled in Forks

Post by karr »

I'll try to stop by the Borders and/or Barnes & Noble in Henderson. I know that other Henderson stores (such as Best Buy) have done midnight release parties (i.e. Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc.) so I'm hoping that maybe the Borders or Barnes & Noble have the same inclination.

Definitely keep us posted if anyone hears of anything.
[img]http://burningkarr.com/belled.jpg[/img]

MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

eee!!
thanks soo much you guys.
i defiantly thought i was going to have to do this single-handedly.
:/ i'm glad i have some help though!! :D

i really want to get a party going because i've never been to one.. :[ i've only started the seires in like, december, so i missed out on all of the fun stuff. :[ sadface. but this one will be extra rocking. i can feel it. :D

Konyx
Settled in Forks

Post by Konyx »

I'll check the BN and Boarders on Rainbow. I go by there a lot. There's a few people in my small school that I can get to help out. Then there's the few friends I have on the other side of town (valley h.) that could help down there.

It's all about the connections! :)

Maybe we could ask the stores what we could do to help. I know it sounds a little obvious, but it could work...

Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

Post by Aynsley »

I asked at Borders (Rainbow and Lake Mead) today, and I was told that a release party depended entirely on the amount of pre-orders. In case none of the bookstores are willing to host a party, would anyone be willing to help plan one without them?

MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

hmm
that i weird.
i was there on the 12 too and the manager said nothing to me about that because i asked her about fans possibly helping out.
hmmm.
but indeed if none of them are willing to put on a party then i am certainly interested in planning one without them!! :D

Aynsley
Wandering Through Town

The dude I talked to

Post by Aynsley »

...told me it would make sense for Borbers to have a release party, because it sold as well as Harry Potter, but there wasn't anything planned that he knew of. And he made it sound as though anything that wasn't already in motion wouldn't be in motion.

And obviously, bookstores are in business...it makes sense that he would tell me pre-orders could determine it, if he thought it would inspire more people to order early.

That's when I decided to plan one anyway, if there isn't one to go to. Even if a large portion of the fans are underage, the release date is a Saturday, and during the summur to boot (not that that will matter to the kids in year-round)...and staying up late on weekends isn't that big a deal.

So, if you,re still interested in helping, or know other people who would be, e-mail me, send a carrier pigeon, or samething, because I definitely can't do this on my own.

MoGanHannah
Settled in Forks

Post by MoGanHannah »

but can we plan one without them? because we can't get the books without them.

but it is more than just the one in the best in the west doing it. there are about 4 different ones having a party. [go to the borders website and search in the events, las vegas, the event is the B.D.R.P. and the time is 3 months or more.]
so if the rainbow&lake mead won't do it then maybe another one will. but sofar, they are signed on to do it. i talked to a manager about it and she was going to talk to the GM about it and see if fan help would be needed.

but i think we reallllyy need to get to talking to them soon because i was reading other threads and they all have themes for their party. i want a theme!! haha. so we need to find out A.SAP. because august second will be upon us before we even know it!!

but if we can pull it off without them, then yeesss i will tottaly help you. this sort of stuff excites me! :DD