May 23, LaJolla, California

News and announcements pertaining to Stephenie Meyer.
Edwardisanangel!
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Edwardisanangel! » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Yay! I got tickets! I'm excited to see that other lexiconers are going too! I just got them this morning, so I was WAY surprised that they hadn't sold out yet or something. Anyway, I will totally be there, representing the Lex!
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/ilovejacobblack/soulspeed.jpg[/img]
Adorable Avatar by the Amazing Queen Alcy and Beautiful Banner by the Outstanding Ouisa!

Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Well, who else is going? By the way, I can be identified by my bracelet shown in my avatar. ^_^
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Dragon620026spics/Blinkies/Twilight/Banner.jpg[/img]

"But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?"

awwfiddlesticks
Learning to Love Green

Post by awwfiddlesticks » Thu May 22, 2008 10:26 pm

I'll be there with a group of friends. Does anyone know the significance of getting there wayyyy early? Is it that you get your books signed first? Because I can't go till school gets out.
[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/fiddlerific/twilight/2aes5eu.png[/img]

Thanks so much to Saffron Sunset from the Vesperarium site for the awesome avatar and banner!

Eggo17
The Future Mrs. Yorkie

Post by Eggo17 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:30 pm

I will be there!!! I think being there early just means getting front row seats to the Q & A and getting your book signed early...but EVERYONE will get their book signed. Is anyone wearing a host shirt?!
[quote="Eric Yorkie"]
[size=75]Eggo...*gets down on one knee*[/size]
[size=150]
[color=red][b]Will you marry me?[/b][/color][/size][/quote]
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/ouisa/erikyorkie.jpg[/img]
THANKS TO OUISA-The banner Queen!

awwfiddlesticks
Learning to Love Green

Post by awwfiddlesticks » Fri May 23, 2008 12:52 am

Thanks Eggo17! I just hope I get there early enough to not have to wait for hours afterwards.
I'm so excited though!!!!! I will be wearing my Twilight tee-shirt that I made when Eclipse was released. I have printed a picture of the book cover to The Host to pin on for representation, :lol:
My friends and I are going to record the whole thing so when I get back I'll be sure to write a full report!
[img]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39/fiddlerific/twilight/2aes5eu.png[/img]

Thanks so much to Saffron Sunset from the Vesperarium site for the awesome avatar and banner!

Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 » Fri May 23, 2008 1:56 am

I would wear twilight gear... but i don't have any. *tear* Oh well, I suppose I could wear red and black. ^_^
[img]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Dragon620026spics/Blinkies/Twilight/Banner.jpg[/img]

"But how could you believe me? After all the thousand times I've told you I love you, how could you let one word break your faith in me?"

Bree
Cult Leader Awaiting Her Demise

Post by Bree » Sun May 25, 2008 4:14 am

i was definitely there wearing a shirt that said "Host This."
[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n215/thebreex/breeeee.png[/img]

awwfiddlesticks
Learning to Love Green

Post by awwfiddlesticks » Sun May 25, 2008 11:34 pm

I would have posted this sooner had I not had a total Bella moment...:oops:

I came in a group with my best friend, her mom, and her cousin. We all left around 3:40. Turns out Memorial Day weekend traffic was not all that kind and we didn't get to the hotel until about 5:40. Honestly, I thought there would be huge lines by the time we got there considering the reports I had read on some of her earlier stops on the tour. I got lucky and was number 396; plus the store who was hosting the event let everyone into the ballroom whenever they arrived. No lines! The wait actually wasn't that bad. Most people showed up with awesome tee's and went around taking pictures of ones they liked. My friend and I were very proud of our shirts which we made for the Eclipse release back in August. They have pictures of the three books going down the front with the phrase "I have been bitten". I will post pics along with the video later (I'll explain below, this has to do with my Bella moment). Also there was a game of charades going on where groups of friends could go up and act out their favorite scenes, it was a lot of fun to watch. Twilight baby was in the audience so lots of people were scrambling to get their picture taken with her. There were also a TON of Twilight Moms there and they all got together for a big group photo. By this time, there were at least a thousand people there and you could tell how antsy everyone was. I was literally bouncing out of my seat, haha. When the announcer walked up to the podium everyone went crazy. Before they announced Stephenie, they were trying to find out who came the farthest for the signing. I was so surprised to find that people came from all over the country and even Australia just for the chance to meet Stephenie. It just shows you how amazingly dedicated all of the fans are! Then it was time for Stephenie to come out, and boy did everyone scream! It got so loud and everyone was gave her a standing ovation. Let me tell you how surreal it was to actually be there. Especially after watching video's of events like this online and reading about it. This just felt completely unreal to actually be a part of it! It was really funny because the first thing Stephenie was how when she first walked in, the mirrors along the back wall were very scary. I actually recorded the entire q and a and will post it hopefully within a day so stay tuned! She started signing books around 7:50 and after seeing just how many people were there with all of their books, I felt terrible for her poor hands! As I was at the end of the 3 hundreds, I didn't have to wait too long and got to get in line around 9:40. There were no issues with the line either because we fans are amazing and polite! I was getting pretty nervous as I got closer because I mean this was it, I was actually going to be a foot away from one of my idols, I could say whatever I wanted! They had put post-it notes inside each of our books marking the right page and specifically our names for The Host. My turn had finally arrived! I was in awe when I saw her! She is so beautiful in person and has this incredibly pale skin. She looks a lot like the way she had described Bella in Twilight. Not only was she a very striking person on the outside, but even though I only got to see and hear from her for less than a minute, I got a feeling that she really cared about each person that had shown up that night. That she cared what each and everyone of us had to say. The first thing she asked me was how to pronounce my name, whether it was one way or the other. She actually guessed right which for me was a first since I have grownup with substitute teachers calling me all sorts of names except my own. She told me she liked my name and then noticed our shirts which she said she loved! I told her thank you for creating such fun worlds and characters to explore. She was very humble and gave a lovely thank you. It was funny because when my best friends mom went up after me, she said in a very cute but proud way "I'm a Twilight Mom!" Stephenie laughed and said how those were some of her favorite people. When we walked out through the doors I began to squeal with my best friend. We couldn't believe what had happened! We took pictures with our signed books at The Host sign (which was a very popular picture spot) before we left. So here comes the Bella moment, the reason why this was not posted sooner and the reason why my pics and video's have yet to be uploaded. If you're a bit squeemish, you can stop reading now if you would like. We were very hungary because we had not had dinner yet and it was nearly 10:30. So we went to go eat at this restaurant nearby my best friends cousins house. This is very embarrassing, but definitely made the night very memorable. I began to feel sick towards the end of dinner and went to the restroom. In a nutshell, I fainted, hit my chin against something and was found bleeding on the floor of the bathroom. I actually find this kind of funny because of how perfectly this fit with the Twilightish night. I pulled a Bella. When someone found me they asked who I was with and I was able to point to my shirt (that only an hour ago Stephenie said she loved) and say "She has my shirt". As people rushed in all I was concerned with was keeping my shirt clean and making sure no one was worrying too much, I certainly was not. Luckily, my best friends uncle who is a doctor (Carlise anyone???) came to take me to their house and stitch me up because apparently, I looked pretty bad. He couldn't find the pain numbing stuff so he bandaged me up and sent me home. I actually found the whole thing rather funny considering the coincidence. I couldn't post anything about the event yesterday because I had to go to the er to get surgery for my chin which was worse off than I had thought. So I'm sorry this took so long, but I guess I have a valid excuse. The video of the entire talk and pics will hopefully be posted within the next 24 hours. Also, congratulations if you have managed to read this far. Friday night was amazing and I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity. We fans are incredible!

Dragon620026
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dragon620026 » Mon May 26, 2008 5:38 pm

oh! Bree! If thats the shirt you were wearing then I DEFINITLY saw you. ^_^ Nice shirt!

My Story:

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ad been planning to get there at 5 am in the morning but I changed my mind at the last second and headed to fashion at 9 am and got there at 10 am. I went to the town and country hotel and convention center and asked about the event. The lady said that it wasn't till 7:30pm so I left and went to hang out at the fashion valley mall.

I spent 2 hours inside JCpenney. Then I walked in the actualll mal but it started raining, i saved my books. Then I headed to Macy's and waited there for half and hour. Then I went to look for a book store where I could sit and read and it started raining again so I headed to Mcdonalds and read till 1 pm and dicided that it was time to head back to the hotel to check if anyone was there.

I happened to run into these girls that I let ahead of me and saw that they had twilight books and asked if they were here for the signing. They said yes and I said I knew where to go and to follow me.

When we got the the atlas hall it was full because of a graduation ceremoney so we headed to the bathrooms. In the bathroom they had couches (which would have come in handy earlier) and we chilled there till the main room cleared out.

Afterwards, Sabrina, Elizabeth and I headed down and the hotel people asked if we were here for the signing anf we replied yes. Since there was no plan yet, we waited in the main room. Pretty soon a new girl, lucy, and her mom got there and we welcomed her.

Soon waricks, the host (lol) of the event got there and asked who was first, since I got there at 10 am I was made the head of the line and given a job. I got flash cards and a basket to give cards to people so they could write down questions they had for stephenie.

Then the line was moving else where, but not till they called me back to the front of the line and said, "Those that haven't gotten books and tickets go to the left. Those that already have both, go to the right" Since I was first and already had both I headed to the left and got a nice little bracelet with the number one on it. I was then made the head of the second line which would wait to go into the room where the event was being held at.

Later they open the doors and I was given the choice to pick ANY seat I wanted based on the sole reason that I was head of the line. I picked the first row and to the right.

It was the longest hour.

Then she came out and answered questions and the signing began.

They said "we will start the line with those people who have bracelets 1-100 and so on" Everyone went ahead of me, but before things got to crazy the lady said "We will start with number one" and everyone around me just stared while I squealed with joy and shouted...

"YES!"

I was made head of the line and was estatic about finally meeting her.

Stephenie - "So, how did you become number one?"
Me - "I got here at 10 am in the morning .... umm, I just wanted to thank you so much for writing your stories they really mean alot to me... I wrote you this to tell you how much they mean to me..."

lol, I cried during that whole convo. It went by so fast and I'm really paraphrasing what I said because it went by so fast after I lost it and I don't even remember if she said anything else.

I probably scared and freaked her out.

awwfiddlesticks
Learning to Love Green

Post by awwfiddlesticks » Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 pm

number one??? that's so cool!! i bet that felt incredible!

good news...i have video's!!!!!!! and pictures!!!!!!!

here is a video of the ENTIRE event (that we could film)

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Xto1LMH5U

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yt4j_4lo3Y

and some pics...

the twilight moms and twilight baby

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39 ... G_0504.jpg

and i snagged a pic of stephenie before she began to sign

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll39 ... G_0508.jpg

i have more, but my friend doesn't want her picture online...but, if you want to see our awesome shirts you can always just click on my main photobucket page. :D