May 13, Tempe Arizona

News and announcements pertaining to Stephenie Meyer.
Nik
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nik »

Isabella Cullen,

I didn't mean to sound rude or anything, if that's how I came off.
Sorry. :wink:

And yes, I agree with the limit on books. And how they are making you buy a book to go. When I went to the Eclipse one, I saw someone who had, like, 20 books! And guess what? Most of them were probably bought at different bookstores. The tickets are meant to pay for the venue, not to give money to the bookstore. :cry:
If I went, I wouldn't get anymore than 3 books signed. More than that is kind of...selfish, considering that there are, um, like HUNDREDS of people there. Even if there were only 200 people, that would still be 600 books if everyone got 3 signed.

Plus...why would anyone spend that much money on a book they will MOST LIKELY use for display? I know when I get mine signed, I'm putting protective covers on them and keeping them put away where they wont get ruined. :D
"Magic, madame, is like wine, and if you are not used to it, it shall make you drunk." -Susanna Clarke, The ladies of Grace Adieu and other stories.

rachybloom
Settled in Forks

Post by rachybloom »

Can you purchase tickets online? Or will I need to go to Changing Hands?

Isabella Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-mails
Location: Stumbling around, lost and alone...waiting for him to find me.

Post by Isabella Cullen »

rachybloom wrote:Can you purchase tickets online? Or will I need to go to Changing Hands?
Call Changing Hands. I'm sure that if you go to their website you can directly pre-order your book there. Here's their website if you don't have it already: Changing Hands Bookstore.
And their phone number is 480-730-0205.

Hope that helps! :D
“Look after my heart—I left it with you.â€

rachybloom
Settled in Forks

Post by rachybloom »

Isabella Cullen wrote:
rachybloom wrote:Can you purchase tickets online? Or will I need to go to Changing Hands?
Call Changing Hands. I'm sure that if you go to their website you can directly pre-order your book there. Here's their website if you don't have it already: Changing Hands Bookstore.
And their phone number is 480-730-0205.

Hope that helps! :D
Thanks so much! 8)

Isabella Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Not a problem. :D
Were you able to get a ticket? Or have they sold out already?

I'm really curious to see how many tickets are being sold for this event. The Eclipse signing was crazy like nothing else. I'm guessing that there must have been at LEAST 1000 people present...I really hope this one isn't that big.

twilightgurl77
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilightgurl77 »

I'm also really curious about how many tickets are being sold for this signing. I do know though that they still have tickets, my friend bought one today.
[url=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5980683][img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/shinyred/banner.png[/img][/url]

Isabella Cullen
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Here it is:

"Stephenie Meyer will sign and personalize (first name only) multiple copies of The Host, but due to large demand she will sign (but not personalize) only two of her previous books per person. She will not pose for photos or sign memorabilia."

Straight from CHB's website.

It's pretty much the same as her other signings, save for the limit on the Twilight series books that she'll sign.
Anyway, just FYI.

Nik
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nik »

Thanks for the info, Isabella.
"Magic, madame, is like wine, and if you are not used to it, it shall make you drunk." -Susanna Clarke, The ladies of Grace Adieu and other stories.

Nik
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nik »

Ok, here is some new information. I emailed Changing Hands and found this out.

"Hi!

Thanks so much for your questions. The Host will be available tomorrow at 10am for pickup if you would like to get it before the event. As of last week, we still have a couple hundred tickets available out of 1000. We fully expect to sell out by the day of the signing. The doors open at 5pm with the signing scheduled to start at 6pm at Marcos. I suspect there will be a line prior to the doors opening, so I would advise that you arrive early. Either way, you should have received a signing ticket with a letter from A-Z on it that tells you what group you are in. If you are closer to the beginning of the alphabet, be sure to arrive early. If you're later in the alphabet, you can always get in line with your group as the letters are called.

I hope this helps and we look forward to seeing you there!

Holly "

That's interesting. So that means that there will about the same number of people there that were there last year. The number of tickets SOLD wasn't as specific as I'd hoped, but I too am sure they will sell out. I mean, it IS Stephenie Meyer!

twilightgurl77
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilightgurl77 »

I just got an email from Changing Hands for this event, I get an email for all their big events as I'm on the mailing list. And spiffy spiffy I guess they are having a little Bizarre during the signing too. Which will be selling twilight related stuff like jewery. Now I really can't wait for this event.
[url=http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5980683][img]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g301/shinyred/banner.png[/img][/url]