Stephenie in the Press

News and announcements pertaining to Stephenie Meyer.
Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Stephenie in the Press

Post by Cocoa »

An insightful interview featuring the ever lovely Stephenie Meyer ran this week in The Globe and Mail.

Read More Here
Last edited by Cocoa on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

alduhkneel
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by alduhkneel »

haha, the tying of the last line to the intro of the article was funny.
thanks for posting it. :]
[b]ALDUHKNEEL:[/b] it was something like "thanks a lot Twilight, for giving me unrealistic expectations for human men" and it's so true
[b]ALDUHKNEEL:[/b] like now i'll expect the perfect guy to be either a) this sweet smelling, golden eyed, vegetarian vampire or b) this 6' something Native American werewolf who's basically a space heater with a body temp of 108.9
[b]SPANDEXGALORRRE:[/b] i'd go with the space heater.
[b]ALDUHKNEEL:[/b] i'm starting to think that too...

Briq.
Settled in Forks

Post by Briq. »

"Jacob, an aboriginal teenage werewolf with anger issues; Edward, a 200-year-old teenage vampire who had a rough patch of killing and gobbling a century or so ago...."

Has this person read the books? Pretty sure Jacob isn't Aboriginal (native, sure, but I wouldn't say Aboriginal.) and Edward is only 100-ish? 117?

Good, otherwise.

ilikevampires
Settled in Forks

Post by ilikevampires »

Hah i love the part about the teenage boys and im glad that shes finally getting more attention in Canada, because i live in Canada and she doesnt seem As popular here
Penguins, Lovely

iwantanedward
Learning to Love Green

Post by iwantanedward »

Hah i love the part about the teenage boys and im glad that shes finally getting more attention in Canada, because i live in Canada and she doesnt seem As popular here
I think she's pretty popular here. There were tons of people at the Toronto signing, and almost everyone has at least heard of the books at this point. But I don't think we had as many release parties here, for Eclipse :( We didn't have one here. If there isn't one for BD, I'll have to plan one or something.

xoxgoodbye
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by xoxgoodbye »

ilikevampires wrote:Hah i love the part about the teenage boys and im glad that shes finally getting more attention in Canada, because i live in Canada and she doesnt seem As popular here
Actually, she's pretty popular here in Canada. I went to the signing and the line took hours and hours and hours. You thought it wasn't that bad from the outside, but if you go in Chapters it goes around the whole entire stores. Up and down that stairs. Anyway, Twilight is sold at Scholastic Book Fairs. That's how most people, like me, get ahold of the book.

Dreams_Beyond_Expectation
Learning to Love Green

Post by Dreams_Beyond_Expectation »

[quote="Briq."]"Jacob, an aboriginal teenage werewolf with anger issues; Edward, a 200-year-old teenage vampire who had a rough patch of killing and gobbling a century or so ago...."[quote]

HAHA!!!!! He's not aboriginal; the Aboriginees are in Australia. He's a Native. And yeah, Edward is only 117. He was born in 1901, turned in 1918. Some journalist that person is! *eye roll* At least the books are getting attention though; Stephanie deserves it! :)

xxx
[color=pink][b]TEAM EDWARD: Because only a[/color][/b] [b][color=deeppink]vampire[/color][/b] [color=pink][b]can love you[/color][/b] [color=deeppink][b]forever[/color][/b][color=pink][b].[/color][/b]
[color=pink][i]Robert = Love[/i]
[/color]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/jjthedq/Twilight12.jpg[/img]

Charlie
Settled in Forks

Post by Charlie »

<i>In Canada when people say "Native", "Aboriginal", or (less commonly) "Indians". They are generally refering to the same thing. Aboriginal is the more formal/polite/accepted name. Native being less formal. And many are offended by being called Indian.

Native: being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.

Aboriginal: original or earliest known; native; indigenous: the aboriginal people of Tahiti.
(Now yes, this also doubles as the natives from Australia, but as with many words now it has more than one connotation.)

Indian:
1. Of or relating to India or the East Indies or to their peoples, languages, or cultures.
2. Of or relating to any of the Native American peoples except the Eskimos, Aleuts, and Inuits.

(these are from Dictionary.com)

Jacob (and the others on the La Push reserve) are Native AND they are Aboriginal. Same thing - different name.
I guess it depends on where you're from and how you were brought up.

Edit: Additionally, I'm from Alberta (which is on the otherside of the country from where Toronto is - In Ontario) and the Twilight series is VERY popular here.</i>

Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Post by Cocoa »

Stephenie gets a little love on the Veiw from Emily Osmet and Whoopie Goldberg (Thanks to twilightroses for the heads up on this one.)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fK6D1hkbboQ

Spiro
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Spiro »

That was so awesome! Especially even Whoopi is reading New Moon. Thanks for sharing!