Questions to ask Stephenie at the Signings

News and announcements pertaining to Stephenie Meyer.
karr
Settled in Forks

Post by karr »

Mirrorbay2000 wrote: The only answer I can think of would be the editing process. My answer could be completely wrong again, but say she finished Twilight. She was editing it when she got the idea of the werewolf potline. CaBang, she inserts the werewolf into Bella's dream.
Just to give further detail on this, Stephenie answered it on her website in the section "The Story" of New Moon.

She was writing New Moon at the same time she was editing Twilight. Jacob started bringing more attention to himself (*surprise*) as she explored his character and took over much more than expected. She intertwined Jacob more into the stories. She had no intention of having Jacob be a werewolf as Twilight was originally meant to be one novel and had no thoughts of werewolves when she wrote Twilight.

"The dream Bella had of Jacob transforming into a wolf to protect her had no foreshadowing significance at the time. It was just my way of letting Bella's subconscious articulate the situation...

Bella's wolf dream was always one of my favorite visual images from Twilight. When I started working on New Moon, that image stuck with me. And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be cool if it was true—if ALL of Jacob's legends were founded in absolute fact? What if Jacob was descended from wolves?"
-Stephenie Meyer
[img]http://burningkarr.com/belled.jpg[/img]

nikkita
Fishing with Charlie

Post by nikkita »

Yeah and in one interview she states that she didn't know Jake was a werewolf while writing Twilight, but she felt he knew he was one the whole time. So when she was writing New Moon she realised "Ohhhh he's a werewolf". If that makes any sense at all lol.
[url=http://www.fanpop.com/spots/jacob-black/links/717760][img]http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Jacob---Bella--Banners-jacob-black-717760_500_225.jpg[/img][/url]

Bella Who?
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bella Who? »

Ok, in the meadow scene, there's something I'm curious about. It says, "Now and then, his lips would move, so fast it looked like they were trembling. But, when I asked, he told me he was singing to himself; it was too low for me to hear." What song was Edward singing?

imaginary
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by imaginary »

I have a question: Am I mistaken or something but doesn't Jacob have sisters? And if he does then why aren't they werewolves too?

mz.cullenn
Officially Bitten!

Post by mz.cullenn »

imaginary wrote:I have a question: Am I mistaken or something but doesn't Jacob have sisters? And if he does then why aren't they werewolves too?
I was wondering that aswell...
I've come up with alot of thoughts about it and I'm just confusing myself.
I was thinking it was all a matter of genes and such, and his sisters might not of inherited them.
Or maybe they just haven't 'triggered' yet because vampires aren't near them, or something along those lines...
But do we even know if they are werewolves or not? They might have become werewolves and Billy might of kept it a secret.
Hmmm.... :?
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/mz_kateee/My%20Avatars%20and%20Banners/Others/Untitled-2dryhtjfkhhyghjkggpng.png[/img]
[size=75]
<b>I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.</b>

Proud <b>Cullenist</b>, Member of <b>Alice</b> House and Supporter of <b><i>Team Edward</b></i>, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-
<b>Wanderer</b> - Because after so many milenia, Humans haven't figured love out.
<b>Team Ian</b> - Because He's.Not.Leaving.Me.
Credit to Bella_Cullen_13!
<b>Banner</b> made by me![/size]

bye
Settled in Forks

Post by bye »

Two questions:

1) In Twilight used the name Jane when Bella expressed her theories abaut Edward, they speaking hypothetically.

Then this Jane from the Vulturius ... Coincidentally?

2) I do not know if this is where I have to ask this, but ... Stephenie will going to publicize the books to Latinoamerica ?
Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse....

Lost =)

Clutz666
Settled in Forks

Haha

Post by Clutz666 »

Just to start out CullenGirl this is a great thread ;](nice icon to).My questions are pretty typical..sort of.
Why was there no mention of the normal myths such as stakes,mirrors,or garlic?
How did you come up with the shinyness in the sun thing?
When did you get into writing?
Why are all of there eyes gold instead of another color?
Did the Cullens move from Alaska because they had remained there for to long or did something occur there?
It's funny how addictive these books come it's almost like some sort of vapor has been stored in the pages and is then released when you open it haha. Well thanks :D.
Bella made me proud to be a clutz!When ever i fall i fall with pride :D

SailorYue
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by SailorYue »

i can answer the one about shineyness... tha thas to do with the dream that inspired it all, read about it on her site for a full explanation.
[img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5715/mybannerglitter46457837lf5.gif[/img]
Banner by me, using tektek ^^
Series im reading and recomnd:
[i]Southern Vampire Mysteries[/i] by Charlaine Harris [vampire mystery/romance series]
[i]Dresden Files[/i] by Jim Butcher [paranormal mystery series]
-----------------
"You aint one of those Satan worshippers are you?"
"No, more like Pythagoras"
"Pih-who?"
"He invented triangles"
[from [i]THe Dresden Files[/i]

Clutz666
Settled in Forks

Ok.

Post by Clutz666 »

I have one more kind of stupid question...
Do vampires have to blink?
I mean they don't have to sleep or breath so do they blink because its habit to?
Bella made me proud to be a clutz!When ever i fall i fall with pride :D

imaginary
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Ok.

Post by imaginary »

Clutz666 wrote:I have one more kind of stupid question...
Do vampires have to blink?
I mean they don't have to sleep or breath so do they blink because its habit to?
I'm not sure, but I think they would just blink out of habit like they do with breathing. It doesn't seem necessary to me, because they don't produce tears.
[color=silver][i]Lost inside myself...
Lost inside my dreams...
Lost inside my [b]imaginary[/b] world...[/i][/color]