Stephenie in the Phoenix New Times!

News and announcements pertaining to Stephenie Meyer.
Klutzy_albino
Ignoring Renee's E-mails
Location: Reasearching 'Dark Matter' to find a bridge to the Twilight Universe

Post by Klutzy_albino »

Skumring wrote: I also hope for world domination to Stephenie Meyer!
hehe :lol: I could live in that world.

I loved this article, it gave you a little bit of insight into Stephenie's life, and some of the recognition she deserves for being such a great author, and so incredible to her fans. The only thing that bothered me was how they talked about how "in a way only a teenager could believe" there are plenty of Adult fans, and one of the best parts of the story is how believable it is.
I loved when they said 'Harry Potter Loyal', it made me laugh. The Twilight series is definetly going to be that big. :D

I have one question though, was that photo shoot for anything in particular....was it just for the paper, or for something else?
I loved it.
''The lofty bookshelves sag under thousands of sleeping souls. Silent, hopful; everytime I open a book a soul is awakened."
-Xi Chuan "Books:Newgeneration"-

My fanfic
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3644782/1/
Irish
Settled in Forks

Post by Irish »

I too enjoyed the article, which confirmed my already biased opinion of Stephenie Meyer as an extraordinary woman.

I don't know that many people who could raise a happy family, churn out best-sellers, regularly meet hordes of adoring fans and still smile for the camera.

Coming from a European perspective, I honestly don't see why Ms. Meyer's faith is such a big issue. Fans in this part of the world appreciate Ms. Meyer's work because the themes are anything but superficial and appeal to adolescents and adults alike. If her faith influences her work, that is a positive influence for which her readers should be grateful. End of story.

You can be certain that authors in Europe are not commonly labelled by their faith or lack of one. There's no need to. The hordes of adoring fans in the theatre in Volterra on May 19th were proof of that. We were there to see Stephenie Meyer in person, not Stephenie Meyer (mormon).
A house becomes a home when you can write "I love you" on the furniture.
Abigail
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: At the beach with Edward...for those of you seeking a real answer: Nebraska

Post by Abigail »

That was a wonderful article! I learned a lot, which was surprising, since most of the time the articles seems to be repeating what we already know. The photos were wonderful, and I really enjoyed the summaries of the events.

I was laughing at the end. I whispered that last line to my sister, but I think tons of people were saying it. :) We were all so excited at the party, and the author did an amazing job of capturing that.
[i][color=cyan]'I would never want anything but him, no matter how long I live.' -NM[/color][/i]
Got [url=http://www.twilightlexicon.com/forum/search.php][u]Search[/u]?[/url] Use it. [url=http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8268&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0][color=orange]Twilight Series Withdrawal Support Group[/color][/url]
gaby09
Edward's Artistic Technical Consultant

Post by gaby09 »

congrats Stephenie!

i read all the article, and it was soo good!
i got to know a few things, but just because i already knew all the other stuff because of the PC xD

anyway., i think it a great article, and i hope she'll get even more fans with this

*i actually hope it becomes like harry potter and JK Rowling, i'd just love to see and hear about Stephenie everyday :P *
[img]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff18/naaiin/TEMP2.png[/img]
Twilight /* How it all began
Schadeboy
Wandering Through Town

Re: Stephenie in the Phoenix New Times!

Post by Schadeboy »

Seraphyn wrote:What do you guy think? Learn anything new from this piece?
I did not know that Pancho had Crohn's disease. Still need to learn more about what that is.

Is it me, or does Stephenie remind anyone else of Alice in that photo?

I will admit, there was a small (tiny) part of me that was hoping to hear a small bit about the t-shirts.:oops: But it is a fantastic article. You can tell that the person who wrote it is a fan.
Brian Schade, MSCIS
CIO and Webmaster
Twilight Teez, LLC
http://www.twilightteez.com

"I don't <i>want</i> to be a monster." -Edward Cullen

The world is full of strange phenomena that cannot be explained by the laws of logic or science. Kevin Federline is only one example.
pelirroja

Re: Stephenie in the Phoenix New Times!

Post by pelirroja »

Schadeboy wrote:
Seraphyn wrote:What do you guy think? Learn anything new from this piece?
I did not know that Pancho had Crohn's disease. Still need to learn more about what that is.

Is it me, or does Stephenie remind anyone else of Alice in that photo?

I will admit, there was a small (tiny) part of me that was hoping to hear a small bit about the t-shirts.:oops: But it is a fantastic article. You can tell that the person who wrote it is a fan.
Crohn's (pronounced crones) affects the digestive system. I'll save putting the gory details in print, but you can read about it at wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crohn's_disease . Let's just say that you never want to be too far from a bathroom if you're dealing with a flare up. You can usually manage it through diet and meds, though in rare cases it can be fatal. I've know three people who have had it.
Last edited by pelirroja on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bzee10
Settled in Forks

Post by Bzee10 »

oh gosh, I want to be a total Steph-Head and follow her tour around the country in a van...

I thought the article was very well done...fun info for both newbies and oldies to the twilight series, and very thorough. And GOODNESS that makeup is AWESOME!!
Rosalala
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Rosalala »

I have a church leader that has a signed copy of twilight. i was breathing fast when i simply touched the cover. oh dear :D I hope she doesn't stop writing! i think i would cry if she did. no. i know i would cry if she stopped writing. the article was amazing. i read the whole thing. i'm also a mormon, so i thought it was great the whole being famous thing didn't effect her faith.
It would be sooooo cool if stephenie meyer took jk rowlings title of like...best author or something. my friends and i would like...have a party :D
LindsAy
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by LindsAy »

That article (and those pictures!) are so awesome! Congrats to Stephenie! :D

I felt so bad when I read that she cried for two days after the whole New Moon spoiler situation. I was late to discovering the Twilight universe, and though I'd read about it somewhere I had no idea it was that bad! I REALLY hope thse few people who know what happens in Eclipse respect her wishes. I don't want Stephenie to have to go through that again.
Hellish Red Devil
Beta Extraordinaire

Post by Hellish Red Devil »

The Twilight Lexicon: Proud Home of the Steph-heads. :lol: